The Living Works of Art Challenge

Ooh you amped up the difficulty with this one but I like that there are minute variations in the copies which allow for greater creative space.
I like your interpretation as well.

Thanks, Lizzie. There is actually another well known interpretation of the work where the athlete is looking down rather than back at the discus.

FWIW, I suspect Myron never threw a discus, because the hand is completely backward from where it should be. The discus should be facing outward to actually throw it properly.
 
Done yet? ;)

You'll know when I take that photo because I'll post it. :p

The only reason I got a pic ready so fast for the first one is because it was one I happened to have that pose already done before.
 
Lot's of discussion. Few pictures. Let's go. Ladies are waiting.

Thanks a million.

:kiss::rose::heart:
 
Gentlemen,

The time has come for your next challenge, one in keeping with current events in Rio. Challenge #2 is “Discobolus[/url]” by Myron. No, not John Travolta in a white suit. That would be “Disco-ball-us”. No, we are talking about the ancient Greek discus thrower. While the original is lost, here are several copies.

Good luck, guys. Hint: if you happen not to actually own a discus, a dinner plate works well ;)

Oh a more dynamic pose. You do realize most of us are old men and don't always bend so well right? :p

Ooh you amped up the difficulty with this one but I like that there are minute variations in the copies which allow for greater creative space.
I like your interpretation as well.

Lizzie you like more space because it comes with more curves. ;)

Note to self - order a frisbee :D

I'm getting a glow in the dark one H. Then it supports me taking a picture with the lights out.

This one looks very nice. I hope there will be other participants in the discus event.

Soon Ms G. I have access to a great shooting location starting tomorrow. And I still need to try one more David.

Cheers
 
I'm getting a glow in the dark one H. Then it supports me taking a picture with the lights out

Now that sounds like a solid plan, HR! We're currently travelling to Italy, but I'm sure we'll have a go at this one when we arrive. It will be tricky, I suspect, and I'd better not actually eat any Italian food before attempting it! :D
 
*tries to be patient while she waits!*

JR... you might want to go ahead and start looking up 3 - 5 so they have time to plan! LOL
 
Alright, finally got my pic done.
It actually came out nice despite my less than statuesque physique.
Luckily I'm a talented Photoshopper. :D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top