Word doc. to Literotica

S_Isemen

Virgin
Good day all,

simple-ish question for all of you who've more experience of posting stories than me.

How many 'pages' of a Word document equate to one 'page' on Literotica?

I'm trying to re-edit something so that it doesn't needlessly go on and on and on and . . . you get the picture.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

S. Isemen

P.S. Perhaps there's even a way for the Literotica team to explain it somewhere it's easy to find and if they already have I can't find it so directions to it would be great!

How many 'pages' of a Word document equate to one 'page' on Literotica?

The size of a Word page isn't fixed, and it's hard to predict the size of a Lit page.

I think my word processor pages tend to be about 550 words (default margins, spacing, and font). For me, a Lit page is about 3750 words. That ratio is 6.8 word processor pages per Lit page.

My most recent story is 60 word processor pages and 9 Lit pages -- a ratio of 6.7:1

I too use 3750 words thereabouts for one Lit page. I don't bother counting Word pages, just count the words. It's pretty much spot on for my content and dialogue mix.

The total number of words in your Word document should appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. Divide that by 3750 and you'll have the approximate number of Lit pages.

My pages in Word vary according to the font size used. I usually write in 14 point Arial but use 3,750 words as a rule of thumb for Lit pages.

Be aware that each LIT page is not exactly 3750 words. Paging depends on your line/paragraph spacing. Many single lines give fewer words on a page. Trying for exact 3750-word pages can leave your last page with a hanging single line, annoying readers. I try for 100 words more or less than a 3750 multiple. The comments are nicer. ;)

The OP question is usually followed by, "How long should my masterpiece be?" Minimum for a story is 750 words; poems can be shorter. Hurried readers may want a 1 or 2 LIT page piece. Many authors find 3 LIT pages is the sweet spot. Analysis shows that 9-to-11-page pieces hold the best vote scores. Some prize-winner clock in around 20 pages, that's 75k words. The actual answer: a story should be as long as it needs to be, more or less.

Be aware that each LIT page is not exactly 3750 words. Paging depends on your line/paragraph spacing. Many single lines give fewer words on a page. Trying for exact 3750-word pages can leave your last page with a hanging single line, annoying readers. I try for 100 words more or less than a 3750 multiple. The comments are nicer. ;)

The OP question is usually followed by, "How long should my masterpiece be?" Minimum for a story is 750 words; poems can be shorter. Hurried readers may want a 1 or 2 LIT page piece. Many authors find 3 LIT pages is the sweet spot. Analysis shows that 9-to-11-page pieces hold the best vote scores. Some prize-winner clock in around 20 pages, that's 75k words. The actual answer: a story should be as long as it needs to be, more or less.

The best explination I have read for this is: most folks if they dont like something (which is totally different from saying it's no good) dont page through another 8-11 pages to one-bomb you. If it's a 1-3 page story they are more likely to.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann

I too use 3750 words thereabouts for one Lit page. I don't bother counting Word pages, just count the words. It's pretty much spot on for my content and dialogue mix.

A lot may depend upon what page size (A4, Foolscap ?), and size, or face of the fount (12pt Time, 12, Bookman ?) will all give a different value.
Assume about 3700 words per Lit page and you'll not go far wrong.
Be careful not to leave "Widows & Orphans."

Good Luck

I've found that if I have a few words on the last Lit page on preview, I have needed to remove a hundred words or more to end on the previous page. It is easier to add another paragraph on the last page.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any analysis showing that. The analysis I did (here and here) didn't have enough data to make any sweeping conclusions, but it looked like the average story rating increased with page length up to 6 pages, where it then plateaued.

I've found that if I have a few words on the last Lit page on preview, I have needed to remove a hundred words or more to end on the previous page. It is easier to add another paragraph on the last page.

Keep in mind that some people read on the Literotica app on Android. Those pages are much shorter than a browser-based Lit page and the page size there heavily depends upon the phone or tablet screen size and the adjustable font chosen in the app. Since I primarily read on the app, I tend to write to keep my paragraphs short or else the text looks overwhelming on the phone screen. I have never bothered with the widow/orphan issue on the submission Preview, but I think I've learned my lesson from this thread.

Oh, and you can't see comments at all on the app. I had probably submitted three stories before I realised you could get and give feedback that way D'oh welcome to the AH.

Years back, I copied one of my stories back to Word. I found it had a 14 font and the page borders were 1.25" on all four sides. I've used this as my page setup since.

I've always submitted the Word file and had no problems. The 3750 words per Lit page seems to work most of the time.

Keep in mind that some people read on the Literotica app on Android. Those pages are much shorter than a browser-based Lit page and the page size there heavily depends upon the phone or tablet screen size and the adjustable font chosen in the app. Since I primarily read on the app, I tend to write to keep my paragraphs short or else the text looks overwhelming on the phone screen. I have never bothered with the widow/orphan issue on the submission Preview, but I think I've learned my lesson from this thread.

Oh, and you can't see comments at all on the app. I had probably submitted three stories before I realised you could get and give feedback that way D'oh welcome to the AH.

I have tended to shorten my paragraphs which could be very long - like this.

https://www.literotica.com/s/breathless-stargazing

For years, even before I started writing for Lit I have avoided special fonts and fancy formatting after some of my readers were reading in basic text format.

The bottom line is not to think in terms of Word pages. Work with wordage.

Back