Writing Goal for the Day?

Finished the 4th chapter of my non lit BDSM novel. One more and the first part is done.

Once that is finished I may start my next lit story, most likely a mother son story. I came up with a good plot bunny that split in two along the way, so may write them back to back.
 
Hi Syd. Mostly back to normal, I guess. PennBoy is in school and PennGirl seems mostly recovered. However, this still doesn't lend itself to writing time. Sigh. And yes, we've done the hospital with PennBoy a couple of times, although not for that and (knock wood) not lately for anything.

Trying to take care, but the most helpful commodity -- sleep -- is hard to come by.

But I'm making cupcakes. Surely that will help. ;) Some are for a snack for PennGirl's class tomorrow, others are for us.

US? Oh, goodie, I love cupcakes! :D

I'm glad to hear your youngun's are feeling better.
 
I'm just waiting to see what the muse delivers this morning. I've got a long piece that is moving to the recycling bin, stalling or shifting in a different direction. We'll see what happens later this morning after the kids head to school and the house is peaceful.
 
Possible writing today -- PennGirl has preschool, so looking like some time at McD's for me.
 
It's trash day - I hate trash day. It's the day of the week I most miss having a man around. It's irrational, I know, because it's really not that big of a deal, especially when the weather's so good. But I hate it. Sigh.

Hope everyone has a productive writing day!:rose:
 
I got passed a block on one of my new stories. It is now two pages longer and the tension is on the rise. :D

And it is very early yet.
 
I'm writing, just not on the story I feel like I should be writing on. Still, I have time yet...
 
Well, after waiting just over a week to see my last submission posted, I was greeted with the news of making a stupid mistake - I used forum style tags [] instead of html style tags <> for my author comments and had to resubmit. (Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb!)

As for today's writing, I've been working on the same story for the last four or five days. Same story I earlier reported was on it's third complete re-write in an effort to post a short, fast to read, stroke story. I've been eager to get to the explicit action, believing that's what many of our readers want, too. (Hey, is there a "The Philosophy of Being an Erotic Writer" thread? Maybe there should be to talk about the more esoteric aspects of being an erotic writer?)

Anyway, I got bogged down in the middle of the story, the transition from fun banter into the hardcore sex. I just wanted it to be believable. So many authors seem to take such liberties with their characters (I'm guilty of that, too, I suppose), but in my heart of hearts, I want the tale to read as believable. For this story, I think I got it, finally.
 
Juggling four or five writing projects at once worked pretty well yesterday, so more of the same today.
 
Got some writing done, although not on my hockey story, which is okay but a little frustrating. Guess you just have to go with what you have ideas for. I assume I'll get an idea on the hockey story soon. Feels like if I could just get past a little block, the rest will be okay.
 
finished chapter four, now on five. should have ended part one, but the muse smacked me upside the head and showed me something I would need to do to make the next part more effective. Either that or she just like smacking me.
 
I'm holding back on my Earth Day contest submission. I've got a lot down and either will continue or start over - we'll see.

I did however get Part One of a longer project done - it ended with just over 21,300 words!

Part Two, I'll most likely start tomorrow. Tonight, if the muse allows, I'll start on either an Erotic Coupling story or something for the Anal Category.
 
finished chapter four, now on five. should have ended part one, but the muse smacked me upside the head and showed me something I would need to do to make the next part more effective. Either that or she just like smacking me.

Lol, rough muse!
 
Have a lot of errands to run today, probably won't get much writing done, even though my plot bunnies are hopping around one of my stories that was stalled. I'm not awake enough yet to do them justice, maybe later. Happy writing everyone!:)
 
I'm hoping to:

- start on Part 2 of one story
- start and finish a short story (check - and it's off to an editor)
- start working on a EC story
 
Last edited:
Good morning everyone. I hope that everyone has a productive day. I have one story that just needs to be tightened up a bit. Hopefully, I should be able to submit it today. I'm so slow about updates on my stories; so, I'm working on that. If my editing goes well then I'll finish up Chapter 2 of "He, She and Him". I've been receiving a lot of emails about that one.

:kiss:
 
End of the job today so it will be busy with breaking down my equipment and getting it ready to move 30 feet to the next well. Then there is the five hour drive home.

So, no writing today, I'm sorry to say.
 
End of the job today so it will be busy with breaking down my equipment and getting it ready to move 30 feet to the next well. Then there is the five hour drive home.

So, no writing today, I'm sorry to say.


Have a safe trip home, Tx! :rose: :kiss:
 
End of the job today so it will be busy with breaking down my equipment and getting it ready to move 30 feet to the next well. Then there is the five hour drive home.

So, no writing today, I'm sorry to say.

Have a great day anyway :rose:
 
Finally finished the story that has been kicking my butt. Started a thread yesterday about the Philosophy of Writing Porn that some of you have already found (great comments, too, btw!). While writing about the differences between erotica vs porn in that thread, I'm reconsidering the story I just finished (dammit!). Did I tell a "real story" or just describe something sexy? So, my writing goal for today? To review that finished work in light of my own opinions, LOL.

At age 4, our highly gifted, middle daughter once told her mom, "I'm smarter than you." When asked why, she replied, "Because I have words going on inside my head all the time!" That's how I'm feeling right now, as if I'm over-thinking my world.
 
Back
Top