Another STD that people may want to be informed about

none2_none2

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Posts
1,086
I hadn't heard of this one before. It is treatable, but you have to be aware of the symptoms.

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/08/shigella-outbreak/

An important part of the article:

The LA County Department of Public Health has issued a warning about an outbreak of shigella, a bacterial infection that causes a severe form of diarrhea, fever, bloody stools and stomach cramps.

Shigella is most often spread through contaminated food or via oral-anal contact. The infection is treatable with common antibiotics.
 
I had heard about shigella before, but mainly caused by bad water and hygiene.

It is very common in developing countries and outbreaks in the west are often caused by imported raw food or travelers bringing it home.

We had a major outbreak a couple of years ago caused by baby-corn from Thailand.

As an STD... that was new!
 
in addition to gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, herpes (HSV 1 & 2), genital warts (HPV), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, E. Coli, and parasites :eek:

I'm staying home!
 
Even E-coli could be called an STD depending on means of getting infected.

Pornstars use enemas and douches before ATM scenes.

Got a cavity or canker sore, you can get many STDs from oral sex too.

Anal without a condom. You might as well book a doc appointment before hand.
 
Even E-coli could be called an STD depending on means of getting infected.

Pornstars use enemas and douches before ATM scenes.

Got a cavity or canker sore, you can get many STDs from oral sex too.

Anal without a condom. You might as well book a doc appointment before hand.

Did you bother to read the article? I made this thread because of the seriousness of some of the outcomes: Of the 9 cases, 3 were hospitalized and one died. That hardly makes it insignificant like a UTI.

As for anal sex without a condom, there is such a thing as limiting your partners and seeing that they are clean before you fuck, and that you wash up afterwards. I've been making love to men for decades, and the only times I ever had to see a doctor was a couple of times when I got wild with the number of partners.

Sure there was a period in my life when I wore condoms exclusively, but once I settled down with someone I didn't fuss with them. Anybody who has fucked a man with a condom and without one knows that no condom can equal the level of pleasure of directly feeling the walls of a man's ass.
 
You can shit in someone's mouth during a fetish scat sessions. Doesn't make the e-coli poisoning they get an STD. And the effects of e-coli poisoning can be life threatening. Shigella is not an STD!

You have unprotected anal sex and get a urinary tract infection does not make the infection an STD.

Discussions on proper hygiene when engaging in any sexual act can be important. But to fear monger and sensationalize by announcing a new STD is not the way to do it. You are supposedly trying to inform folk of the dangers of improper hygiene during sex. Not getting hits on your ad banners or site.

And you don't have to have anal sex with a man to know that condoms kill almost all physical sensations. During anal, vaginal, oral and masturbatory ways of having sex.

And due to the fact the anal passage is non self lubricating, the presence of potential disease factors and the thinner cell membranes having anal sex without a condom and a well lubricated one is extremely risky. Whether you are with a steady partner or not. But that is your choice.
 
Back
Top