Beta readers?

Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Posts
26
This has probably been addressed in detail someplace but I can't find it.

Is there anyplace to get feedback from Beta readers while the story is still in progress? I would be willing to swap stories to get another set of eyes on a few pieces that I have in the works.
 
I could probably serve in this capacity in some basic sense, though you'd still want someone to copy editor afterwards.

For your edification, people usually don't do any editing or beta reading without knowing what categories the story is, how many words, etc etc. People like to know what they are getting into.

Me, as long as it isn't underage, I could give a toss. It's just words to me.
 
Beta reading is pretty informal, and like editing, you just need to ask around to see if someone has the time. Like LWulf says above, people generally do like to know category and word count; helps make the decision easier and saves trouble down the line.
 
Good quality stories are rare. So rare that beta readers are a waste of time 99% of the time. Just assume your tale sux and invest some elbow grease to improve it. Unless youre happy with Special Olympics high 5s. Most are.
 
Beta reading is pretty informal, and like editing, you just need to ask around to see if someone has the time. Like LWulf says above, people generally do like to know category and word count; helps make the decision easier and saves trouble down the line.
When I wrote the comment I was hoping to find someone interested and didn't think about including the details. Sorry about that.

Everything I've written to this point is novella or longer in length and the range of tags goes across the board for most of them. Most of the chapters are in the 7k word range. I don't do the heavy BDSM, kids, critters or things that are better off being flushed.
 
Back
Top