What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama First Term: Food Stamp Recipients Increased 11,133 Per Day…

Sadly, Obama considers this an achievement.

(CNSNews.com) – During President Obama’s first term, the number of persons taking federal food stamps, formally known as the Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP), increased by approximately 11,133 persons per day.

When Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, the number of SNAP recipients was 31,939,110. By October 2012, the latest month reported, they had jumped to 47,525,329.

That means the food stamp program grew by an of approximately 11,133 recipients per day from January 2009 to October 2012.

Obama First Term: Food Stamp Recipients Increased 11,133 Per Day…

Why Have SNAP Participation and Spending Increased So Much?

Almost two-thirds of the growth in spending on SNAP benefits between 2007 and 2011 stemmed from the increase in the number of participants. Labor market conditions deteriorated dramatically between 2007 and 2009 and have been slow to recover; since 2007, both the number of people eligible for the program and the share of those who are eligible and who participate in the program have risen.

About one-fifth of the growth in spending can be attributed to temporarily higher benefit amounts enacted in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The remainder stems from other factors, such as higher food prices and lower income among beneficiaries, both of which have boosted benefits.
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43175

railtraffic.png
The Little Train That Couldn't Anymore

While much has been made of the seemingly paradoxical stability of railroad traffic as the broad economy stagnates (and turns down - as we discussed yesterday), it appears the little train that could for the last four years has finally decided it can't anymore. Of course, there is an obvious cyclicality to the pattern but still the unprecedented plunge in rail traffic this week must be somewhat concerning.

HogJack is most likely doing what he does best, jacking our resident hog around by confounding his devious efforts to root up shit insteead of thought.:rolleyes:

Hogjack's a big boy, he can answer for himself. He certainly doesn't need a punk like you making excuses for him.

I'm giving you a little leeway today, because I know you're hurting, what with a colored man bein' inaugurated for a second term.

Good thing your daddy didn't live long enough to see this right? Black man leading the country, giving orders to white men. HE would know what needed to be done. You? You just sulk.

Just thought I'd add some commentary, knowing it tightens your ample jowls no end.

I have no need of a pause caused by your lack of imagination and ball weight disguised as "leeway" from the Hapless Hog. Fire away with your Nerf Gun.

Too bad we couldn't be swearing in a real black man, like Allen West, but instead the non-productive segment of society preferred a eunuch. .:rolleyes:

It's no surprise that you would rather have an admitted war criminal in the White House or that you consider him a "real black man".

Hogjack's a big boy, he can answer for himself. He certainly doesn't need a punk like you making excuses for him.

I'm giving you a little leeway today, because I know you're hurting, what with a colored man bein' inaugurated for a second term.

Good thing your daddy didn't live long enough to see this right? Black man leading the country, giving orders to white men. HE would know what needed to be done. You? You just sulk.

Hey fat fuck liar we have a president not a dictator.

Jesus, give us a break, pussy paws.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What would you call discharging a firearm near a prisoner's head during an interrogation? This is something West admitted to doing.

That would definitely fall under "threat of eminent death", in the legal definition of torture according to US law.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2340

He should have been in jail, instead Tea-baggers put him in congress.

No surprise you're wishing he were President. :cool:

Too bad we couldn't be swearing in a real black man, like Allen West, but instead the non-productive segment of society preferred a eunuch. .:rolleyes:

A nutcase who couldn't even get reelected in Florida, of all places? That's rich:rolleyes:

That's not what you believe. Alan West has never held a private sector job in his life and has therefore produced nothing. Every last dollar he's ever made has been taken from a taxpayer. He's never created any wealth at all, only consumed it. You really need to get your thoughts in order, you're all over the place.

Probably now worse than a Lt. taping a block of C4 on a VC's chest, sticking a fused blasting cap in it, lighting the fuse, and and telling him he better start finding some fucking booby traps, like the one that killed three of our Marines.

You go ahead and play war with your law book in the backyard.

It's no wonder so many people hate us so badly. The Constitution really doesn't mean anything to you at all does it?

That's not what you believe. Alan West has never held a private sector job in his life and has therefore produced nothing. Every last dollar he's ever made has been taken from a taxpayer. He's never created any wealth at all, only consumed it. You really need to get your thoughts in order, you're all over the place.

you CANT really be serious:rolleyes:

Pro Golfer Contemplating Making Tax Exodus

And, ironically, his nickname is Lefty.

Daily Caller -

“…if you add up, if you add up all the federal and you look at the disability and the unemployment and the Social Security and the state, my tax rate’s 62, 63 percent. So I’ve got to make some decisions on what I’m going to do,” said Mickelson.

Phil Mickelson is an extremely charitable man

Professional golfer Phil Mickelson told reporters Sunday that he is considering “drastic changes” in response to state and federal income tax hikes — including possibly leaving the United States.

“It’s been an interesting off-season. And I’m going to have to make some drastic changes. I’m not going to jump the gun and do it right away, but I will be making some drastic changes,” Mickelson said during a press conference following the Humana Challenge golf tournament in La Quinta, Calif.

When pressed by reporters about whether those “drastic changes” could include leaving California or even the United States, the four-time major championship winner didn’t foreclose the possibility. But he made clear the reason he is considering such drastic options is the massive tax burden he now shoulders.
Read more:

The next step is walling off America so that you can’t leave. They’ve done it in every other communist nation.

Probably no worse than a Lt. taping a block of C4 on a VC's chest, sticking a fused blasting cap in it, lighting the fuse, and and telling him he better start finding some fucking booby traps, like the one that killed three of our Marines.

Nope, not worse at all, both are considered war crimes. Again, I'm not surprised that you have so little regard for the law (as long as you disagree with it).

Such a "patriot"....

:cool:

but YOU turds had NO problem wanting to elect a REAL WAR CRIMINAL, John FAG Kerry

Probably no worse than a Lt. taping a block of C4 on a VC's chest, sticking a fused blasting cap in it, lighting the fuse, and and telling him he better start finding some fucking booby traps, like the one that killed three of our Marines.

Typical Vietnam-era Marine behavior.

No wonder when the going gets tough nowadays, the government sends in the Navy SEALS instead.

Semper Fag.

West said he would walk thru HELL with 2 gasoline cans to save his men

WE NEED MEN LIKE THAT

Not fucking FAGS like "Gen" Casey who said after Nadal killed 14 people that it would be a shame if DIVERSITY died with it

Non of the above FAGS at ANY problem with supporting a WAR CRIMINAL, Kerry fr Pres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back