The Stowaway -Closed-

Dire_Moonfang

Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 13, 2017
Posts
290
-Nathan Reynolds age 28 Looks, Captain and Smuggler of WASP 487a-

"Fucking piece of shit," I yelled trying to escape every bullet coming my way "Easy job my ass I swear to everything if I see that son of a bitch again I'll kill him." I escaped to one of the space docks grabbing my shoulder where one of the stray bullets finally made its mark as I pressed the comm to my ships Ai I yelled and said: "Lace get the ship prepped for launch." I heard a bunch of quirks and beeps before I said: "I don't care if there are locks on the damn ship get rid of them and get the ship to my location now." I heard a beep and said, "No I didn't get the money the guy owed me this isn't the time for this shit get it down."

I made my way to one of the many deserted docks and said: "There you are you beautiful beauty you." As I said that police found me and began shooting as they began to shout in some langue I didn't even know nor would I ever want to as a lift began to descend from my ship I jumped on to it grabbing as I held tight I yelled: "Get us out of here." as the ship flew off dodging every obstacle in the way as the lift made it into the ship I pressed a button and said "activate hyperdrive and get us out of this system I waited a few minutes before I breathed a sigh of relief as the ship Ai began to beep and blare and I covered my ear and said "What in blazes." As I began to press a button Lace started in over the comm telling me something was wrong that the cargo hold that was empty was now filled with a weight of hundred to hundred sixty as my mind started to process it I made my way to the cargo hold and pressed the intercom and said in a stern voice "Listen I don't know who you are but get out where I can see you or I will eject the cargo bay you got five seconds to comply.
 
Shadows were dark and deep in the warehouse as the WASP 487a space ship sat there. The name WASP stood for Warp Auxiliary Select Power. Whoever had named it that had apparently had a wicked sense of humor as these ships were not at all sleek like the old Earth insect. Their shape more resembled the old Earth bumble bee, causing them to be nicknamed BEE by most individuals - Behind Everything Else. That was not to say that they were slow, and as far as transport off this hellhole, it would have to do. The ship sat at the moment with it's cargo bay open. Antigravity devices were attached to each crate, aiding the workers as they floated cargo through the open door. Inside stood an ensign, apparently in charge of the loading as he read off a manifest. She watched closely as several containers were added without checking them off.

Ahhh. Smugglers. Maybe they would be a bit lax on security. Súile Glas melted further back in the shadows, watching closely. In the need for blending in and not making noise, she had removed her armor and braided her red hair in one long braid before throwing her long forest green cape over the leather jerkin and tights, with a small bodkin tucked in her belt. Rolling the mail she stuffed it in a corner of the dark loading dock and, pulling her cape hood up over to help hide her red hair, she waited for her opening.

It came when they walked away to argue over something. She wasn't paying attention to what they said. Without her armor, she was able to slip into the ship without making any noise. Quickly scoping out the cargo hold, she found a dark corner where she could hide.

No sooner was she settled than the ensign returned and battened everything down. In a minute or two, she felt the ship shift. At least now, technically, she was off this planet. Now hopefully, she would be able to hitch a ride to somewhere where they didn't know her.

She could hear a commotion outside the ship. Was it possible that Payton Per Verdict had tracked her down? Shit! Shit! Shit!

Quickly standing, she headed towards an inner door and opened it. Another cargo hold! This one appeared empty and she slipped in and looked for a place to hide. Plenty of dark corners here and she hunkered down, waiting.

Suddenly, there was a voice filling the room.

Listen I don't know who you are but get out where I can see you or I will eject the cargo bay you got five seconds to comply.

She didn't dare move. This could be a trick. Knowing her luck lately, she was probably on a ship owned by Payton Per Verdict. He was devious enough that she could see the man having a fleet of smugglers working for him.

She held her breath and tried glimmering. If the man went looking for her, she would be hard to see. She hoped that he wouldn't really eject the cargo bay.
 
Last edited:
I stood there waiting the five seconds but when time was up I thought I may go another route as I pressed open the cargo bay door I walked through as I slammed my palm against the wall as I did that a few times I was hoping whoever was hiding would give themselves up "Listen I don't care who you are are what you want but hiding is not going to help." As I walked around the corner I caught a glimpse of a shiny glimmer as I pressed the comm, on my belt and whispered softly "Lace bring the ships gravity offline."

As the gravity turned off I jumped into the air as I started to swim to where the glimmer was heading getting up close to it I grabbed at it as I said in a loud stern voice "Gotcha." As I said that the gravity went on slamming me onto the ground as I looked up and yelled: "Damn it, Lace."

I looked at my hand still gripping whatever it was as something caught my eye a piece of fabric as I looked around "Ok that was a neat trick but now I know you're here in my cargo bay show yourself." As I said that I grabbed my gun out of my holster as I blasted it into the nearby wall causing a smoldering hole.
 
Súile waited holding her breath. Most people wouldn't notice the residual energy being dissipated when she glimmered. They usually look for something solid.

The bay door opened. The man's blue eyes were hooded by his scowl as they darted about. He walked along hitting the cargo wall with his open hand and appeared more irritated than angry. Maybe something in her favor?

Listen I don't care who you are are what you want but hiding is not going to help.

Glimmering uses a lot of energy, and she could feel her strength draining. It had been over 24 hours since she had eaten, with that asshole Per Verdict not letting up in his hunt for her.

Suddenly, gravity disappeared and she felt herself lift off from her hiding spot. She couldn't glimmer and try to swim away and not pass out. His hand grabbed her cloak just as the gravity returned and they both slammed to the floor.

She was in a huddle on the floor and felt him quickly get to his feet, with him holding a portion of her cape.

Ok that was a neat trick but now I know you're here in my cargo bay show yourself.

Her energy expended, she slowly appeared before him. Her green cloak effectively hid her form from his gaze as she really didn't have the strength to stand, or even lift her head. Her normally blue eyes were now green, evidence of the energy used, and would slowly return to blue once she was reenergized.

She would have flinched when the gun blaster into the wall, but her strength was gone. If this man worked for Per Verdict, then she was dead.
 
I looked down to see a woman's figure wrapped in a cloak I bent down as I placed my hand on her chest feeling her chest raise up and down I smirked as I said "Well at least your not dead that remains to be seen though coming onboard my ship stowing away is very frond upon any captain of a ship." I pulled her cloak a bit off her checking out her body for any injuries "Now now are you going to tell me your name or will I have to chuck your beautiful body on the next sleazy port we come upon." I reached down and grasped her shoulder finally see her eyes change color "God you're beautiful." I was paged as Lace started beeping and bopping saying something about some ship was following our hyperdrive trail I looked down at the girl and said "Fucking sake what did you bring on my ship."
 
His hand felt warm on her body - a welcome relief as despite the cloak the low energy made her cold. The cold floor of the cargo bay was cold too, its metal hard and unforgiving.

Well at least your not dead that remains to be seen though coming onboard my ship stowing away is very frond upon any captain of a ship.

Poking and prodding as he looked for broken bones, she didn't put up any fight. She had played her wild card and it had not worked.

Now now are you going to tell me your name or will I have to chuck your beautiful body on the next sleazy port we come upon.

His hand grabbed her shoulder and turned her to face him. It would take some food and sleep to get her eyes back to their true blue so at the moment, they were a blend of blue and green. It was teal colored eyes that looked out from a pale face. The hood of her cape fell back to reveal her striking red hair in its long braid.

God you're beautiful.

He seemed to be talking to someone through his ear comm and fear shot through her. Something told her that who she ran from was hot on her trail. Was this man going to turn her over to him or dump her out into space? Either would mean certain death. Payton Per Verdict wanted her enough to kill anyone that got in his way.

Fucking sake what did you bring on my ship.

She closed her eyes in pain. "I am sorry but he will kill me if you turn me over to him."
 
This wasn't going well at all someone was after this girl I tried to weigh all my options "Lace extend the hyperdrive as much as this rustbucket can handle." I looked at the girl as I reached out and picked her up as I as I shouted: "Bring the weapons online and shields at maximum." As I walked out of the cargo bay with the girl in my arms I headed straight for the medical bay as I reached inside the doorway I placed her on the nearest bed as I looked to her and said: "You will tell me everything after this is all over."

As I left the medical bay I went straight for flight deck as I made it into the room and sat onto my seat as I pressed a few buttons as I brought onto the screen as I said: "Lace bring us out of hyperdrive and bring us about." I watched intently as a ship also came out of hyperdrive as I pressed the button bringing a hail as I said "This is Captain Reynolds of the ship WASP 487a weapons are trained on you as I speak so what seems to be the issue."
 
Speaking into the comm in his ear, the man picked her up in his arms. She was too exhausted to fight or run, so she accepted him and hoped that she was not making a mistake. He told someone named Lace to press hyperdrive to the max, shouting orders as he carried her through the ship's corridors. Reaching a doorway, it slid open and he quickly placed her on the first bed available. His look was piercing.

You will tell me everything after this is all over.

And he was gone. She was exhausted and could really do little more that curl up on top of the bed, drawing her cape around herself as she fell asleep.

*****

"Have you tracked her down yet?" Peyton Per Verdict's brooding face filled the view screen. Captain Crayton felt a chill run through him. Per Verdict was not one to cross.

"We think that we have tracked her down to a ship that was on the loading dock near where she was last sighted, sir."

"You think? You think?" Perhaps I should get rid of you and find someone that knows. I need her alive." A smile, wicked as it was, curled his lips. "At least, I need her here alive. After that..."

The face faded out and Crayton suddenly felt a little sorry for this woman.

"Sir, the ship's dropped out of hyperspace and he's posturing. And he's hailed us."

This is Captain Reynolds of the ship WASP 487a weapons are trained on you as I speak so what seems to be the issue.

"Captain Reynolds, this is Captain Crayton of the Peekskill. We are hunting a dangerous fugitive. We have reason to believe that she may be hiding aboard your ship. She could be easily overlooked and we have men standing by to aid you. If you will just give the coordinates, we can beam over and find her and remove her before she can kill."

Crayton waited, hoping that this ruse would work. He would hate to tell Per Verdict that he had lost the scent.
 
I sat back in my chair as I processed what Captain Crayton was saying about the stowaway I pressed the mic in response as I said "If this will get me on my way to my next destination than by all means you have permission to board but be warned if there is a person like that on my ship I will deal with it my way." As I pressed the mic off I began to set up a beam between both ships

"This wasn't going to go well." As I walked over to the pad I waited a few minutes as I took out my gun and kept it pointed at the pad area as the Captain and a few other materialized in front of me as I placed my weapon I nodded my head in respect and said "Make this quick gentleman I have a delivery to make and if I am late I won't be so nice." As I took the lead and showed them around the ship watching them ever so intently as I got to the med bay where the girl was holed up I pointed to her as I said: "This is my payment from my last job still trying to determine if she is free of any diseases."
 
The screen went blank as Crayton sat there a second. Blinking in surprise, he turned to his second in command.

"Yourg, you have the chair. If we don't return, you know what to tell Peyton Per Verdict." The man nodded.

The coordinates came in and Crayton and two others punched them in. The transfer only took about 10 seconds and they were greeted, and he used the term loosely, by Captain Reynolds, with his phaser drawn though not pointed directly at his head. There was common courtesy between captains as the tour of his ship began. A quick glance told him that his men were ready to grab the woman should she be found.

The ship seemed clear despite its size, until they reached sick bay. There was a figure curled up on a bed. All they were able to make out was that it was humanoid.

This is my payment from my last job still trying to determine if she is free of any diseases.

One of his men reached out and pulled the dark green hood back to reveal the telltale red hair. Crayton's pulse raced as he nodded to the young ensign. The ensign grabbed her shoulder and turned her to face them.

*****

Súile was quiet. She could feel the danger nearby and held her breath. Now was a time when she wanted to glimmer. Yet, until she had some food and rest, she was in essence a sitting duck. Her desire to run was there but she barely had the strength to turn over.

She heard the door open, felt the change in air pressure. Heard the man's attempt at downplaying her being there. But she knew that as soon as they saw her hair and then her eyes, they would know, and it would sign her death sentence.

The hood of her cape was drawn back revealing her red hair. There was a brief hesitation before the hand turned her over and teal eyes looked back. She heard the death knell. It was a voice of authority that spoke.

"I'm afraid, Captain Reynolds, that it's her. Whoever sold her to you has passed off a highly dangerous criminal to you. We will take her off your hands. It's lucky that you had us check things out." Crayton nodded to the ensign to take possession of the woman.
 
I pulled out my gun and placed it at the temple of the ensign and said: "That was a very bad move to do on my ship." As I looked at the Captain I said "I bring you onto my ship and here you go trying to steal my property for one I don't give a flying shit on what she has done and for two I haven't had the chance to sample her myself now you best get off my ship otherwise I will kill your ensign where he stands."

As I held the gun not moving in any shape or form I could tell this was going to get ugly as I slowly moved my hand to my belt activating Lacy as I looked to one of the cameras was I smiled giving her a clue to activate the ships defenses as well as raise the ship shield "Now remove your hand from my property Ensign or do you want a hole where your brain is.
 
The ensign slipped his arms under her body and started to lift her. She didn't want to die, but at the same time, she had not wanted to cause the death of this man that had tried to help her. Súile was prepared to accept her fate.

That was a very bad move to do on my ship. I bring you onto my ship and here you go trying to steal my property for one I don't give a flying shit on what she has done and for two I haven't had the chance to sample her myself now you best get off my ship otherwise I will kill your ensign where he stands.

The air was thick with tensions and she felt the man gripping her body tighten his hold on her. She knew that the man would not turn loose of her unless his captain told him to. And the Captain chasing her would rather die than have to report back to Per Verdict that he had found her and then lost her to some Captain that probably had no idea exactly what he had on his ship.

Now remove your hand from my property Ensign or do you want a hole where your brain is.

She closed her eyes and knew what was coming. As if in a tunnel a long way off, she heard the Captain chasing her say, "I'm sorry but I will have take her." The ensign started to swing her away from the bed as she heard a gun being drawn, though if it was the chasing Captain or the other ensign she had no idea.
 
I smiled as I said "Wrong move asshole." As I said that I shot my gun once unloading a bullet into his temple as it traveled inside his head toward his brain as I watch the Ensign drop dead right there I turned as the other Ensign was pulling out his gun as I bum rushed him into the bulkhead wall as my body connected I started to wail on him something fierce.

I turned my head for a slight second as I watched the Captain go to grab the girl as I yelled: "Lacy do it now!" All of a sudden a bright light flashed into the room we were in as I was used to bright lights it didn't affect me much I ran up on the other Captain already pulled out his weapon failing around I brought my fist high as I said "Night asshole." As I brought it down I slammed it against his face knocking him out cold I looked around the room as I said: "Lace bring the lights back to normal if you would please." I heard a few beeps and blips and said: "Yeah I know we still have a ship to deal with."

I smiled as I realized something as I said: "Ok Lace target their engine and activate our hyperdrive bring us into deep space." As I heard the one pulse cannon fire I felt the room start to shift as I smiled and said "Good girl." I reached down as I picked up the other Captain as I looked at the redhead as I said: "Think you will want to move." As she did I threw him on the bed "Lace bring restraints online and trap our friend here until he is woken up."
 
Last edited:
As the ensign started to swing her away, she heard a weapon fire and she was dropped back onto the metal sickbay bed with a thud. The room became a jumble of loud noises, yells, screams, grunts and thumps. She couldn't believe that this man was fighting three men all on his own, and she wondered when the rest of his crew would come to his aid. She owed a lot to this Captain Reynolds, should he survive this attack. Should she survive this attack. She wished that she had the energy to help him fight. She missed her chain mail. Dammit, she didn't have the strength to draw the bodkin still tucked in her belt.

Once again hands were on her, and she knew that this must be the chasing Captain. For just a second, she saw pity in his eyes. He knew that he was signing her death warrant. It was probably her or him.

Captain Reynolds yelled something and the room was awash with the brightest light. She turned her head in pain, almost like a scarring on her retinas. The hands left her and it was followed by the words Night asshole.

She kept her eyes closed, still seeing the harsh lights burn through her eyelids, heard the sickening crunch of metal hitting bone. The Captain asked for lights down to a normal level and it became reasonable. Then he mentioned into his ear com about the other Captain's ship. Crap! She hated being this weak. No food for a day and a half, no sleep for at least that long, and then glimmering had used every bit of strength.

He gave his command and she felt the ship respond. His crew minded well. He bent over to hoist the unconscious man up.

Think you will want to move.

She tried to slide off the bed and stand, but instead wound up kneeling by the side. A warrior weakened by her own ineptness. She was ashamed. She heard the clamps activated and stared down at the floor, unable to even stand.

"Sir. I am sorry but I need sustenance." And then everything went black as she crumpled in a heap on the floor.
 
As I felt the ship stop I looked at the girl as I heard "Sir. I am sorry but I need sustenance." As she fell to the floor "Fuck!" I bent down taking notice of her body checking her head as well as her chest I couldn't help but smile as I said: "Must be my lucky day getting a beauty like you onboard my ship but such a hassle as well." I gently picked her body up as I proceeded out of the med bay toward where I kept food as I got to a table I sat her up against the wall sitting her up as I went to work cooking as exotic smells started filling the room I cooked a simple dish some Hesperian space eel with some toasted bread on the side as I made my way back to the table I noticed the girl was staring at me "This will fill you up for the time being." I placed it in front of her as I said: "Go ahead and eat." As I watched her dig in I asked her a couple of question for one being "What is your name and why the hell are you on my ship?"
 
Last edited:
Soon the smell of food reached her nostrils and her stomach growled in response, rousing her from her stupor. She became aware that she was no longer in the sick bay and continued leaning back against the wall until the Captain placed the food before her.

This will fill you up for the time being. Go ahead and eat.

She began, grateful for the food. He at least let her eat in silence for a while, and despite her hunger, she remembered her upbringing and used her manners. The inevitable questions arose, and she felt that she at least owed this man an answer to all his queries. As she spoke, her voice had a light musical lilt to it, so different from the warrior garb that she wore.

"I suppose that you deserve an explanation. First, though, let me introduce myself. I am Súile Glas, which is my name and my race. The name is ancient Earth, from a race called the Irish. It means green eyes. We are, or rather were, the Green Eyes. Once we numbered many, like the grasses on the plains. Like the trees of the forest. We were a proud people. We were warriors that preferred peace, and maybe that was our downfall. A people without a world, we lived in shadows, keeping to ourselves, fighting only to survive. We became a legend. You may never have heard of the Súile Glas, the Green Eyes. Slowly we died until there was just a handful of us. Maybe 50 or so. Now there is just me, as far as I know. As the last surviving Súile Glas, I hold a power that someone wants. Peyton Per Verdict."

"We got our name because of our special power. The ability to bend light around our bodies. We call it Glimmering. It uses large amounts of my power, but as long as I am well rested and well fed, I can survive it well. After glimmering, my eyes turn from blue to green, and remain green, slowly turning back to blue once I am fully recharged. I know that my eyes still have a green tinge to them - I can feel it. The food helps but I do need sleep to fully recharge."

"Enter Peyton Per Verdict. Dangerous no matter how you look at him. He has developed a... machine, for lack of a better term. This... machine has the ability to sap the power or whatever it is that lets me become invisible." She grew quiet for a moment, remembering.

"I watched him kill my family. My mother, my father, my brother. As far as I know, I am the last. My father died helping me to escape, but it cost me my family. This Captain that you fought and have strapped to a bed in the sick bay, was sent by Per Verdict to bring me back. Then that evil man can put me in his machine and drain my ability, but it will turn my body to dust and I will be the last Súile Glas to die. And then nothing can stop Per Verdict for he will have the power of an entire race. Until then, it will not work. It is all or nothing for him. And nothing is not an option that Per Verdict accepts. And if this Captain does not bring me back, I am sure that he will die either by Per Verdict's edict, or by his own hand. Per Verdict does not like failure. He does not accept failure. And now that you have aided me, I have put a target on your back, and for that I am deeply sorry."

She took a minute to finish the food. "But I do not expect you and your crew to do this alone. I have been trained as a warrior and will help you fight. I just need sleep to finish rejuvenation. Running for ones life does not exactly allow for a regular life. That food was just what I needed. Thank you."

She finished the meal and stood, a bit wobbly and a hesitant smile on her face. "If you will lead the way, I can get some sleep."
 
Last edited:
As I watched her eat with her telling me about who she was and who her people were this gave me a lot to ponder as I grabbed a small cup of water as I placed it to my lips "You say I am now on this wanted list of Peyton since I helped you escape I am on no one's team not your's not your so-called evil villain I was perfectly content with my scavenging job but since you just had to stowaway on my ship and not on any other that means a bunch of a headache nonsense I don't want into." The way her clothes looked gave me a clue on what she could afford "So you want this to happen me and my crew are to fight tooth and nail to defeat your foe but see the thing I am not getting is what's in it for me I mean you don't have any money on you otherwise you would have found a better ship so what you expect me to fight for you simply because you asked me and think I will do the noblest thing." I pressed the button on the wall making where we could see outside the ship "See those ships right there I pointed they are called Planet crackers a lot of people live and die doing that I was born on one of those it was called the usg Ishimura that is where I come from." I placed my cup on the table as I said "What can you offer me that will make me want to help you?"
 
His words went through her and stopped her in her tracks. She had grown up in a world of honor. Made her forget that honor no longer existed. Perhaps it never had, except among her people. An honor that you help those in need. Though in a way she did not blame him for not wanting to deal with Per Verdict.

"Ah, I see. I'm very sorry to have put you and your crew in danger. As you have correctly ascertained, I have nothing. Save my bodkin." She removed the small knife from the belt around her waist and placed it on the table between her empty plate and his cup. The weapon was sharp though well used and had been cared for. One look told him it was old and she treasured it greatly.

"I am sorry to have imposed upon you and your crew and put you on danger. This is all that I have of value. I hope that it will repay you for your time and inconvenience. And perhaps if you could drop me on the first world available. I understand that you will reveal all this to Per Verdict. At least this may give me a small head start. I will wait to rest until once I reach the world where...where you leave me."

Her long red hair, still in it heavy plait, was straight as an arrow down her back, ending at her buttocks. At this moment she greatly missed her chain mail. But regret was a wasted emotion. Her blue-green eyes told of her weariness and she threw her green cape over her shoulders, pulling the hood up so that only those eyes looked out at him. The hem of the cape brushed against the tops of her boots. She was once again a warrior.

"I will wait out in the hall for you to lead me to the transporter." She left him in the galley and stepped out into the hall, leaning against the wall. She hated to part with her bodkin. It had been in her family for more than 7 generations. She had managed to make wrong decision after wrong decision and it looked at if her run just to survive would soon be at an end. Hopefully this Captain would leave her on a planet that was inhabitable.

Though tired, she was a Súile Glas, and as such had her pride.
 
As I looked at what she placed before me a small weapon of sorts a primitive weapon at best I listened to her telling me her plan as I chuckled a few times "Your not very good at making deals and trying to keep yourself alive I find it hard to believe you have survived this long without some type of help." As I placed my hands together thinking of many ways I could profit from this my feelings came into play as I thought of this girl's safety weighing before any others.

As I watched her turn around and bring the cloak over her face waiting for me I finally said "I will make you a deal for this knife you can stay on this ship for the time being but I expect you to pull your weight around it's going to be no luxury cruise or any shit like that the AI takes care of the basic stuff on the ship I expect you to keep the ship clean and help here and there and for that I will give you shelter from Peyton Per dick that means I will help you in any way I can but if gets too dangerous I will cut loose and make a bealine for the nearest safe galax what do you say to those terms I set forth?
 
She gritted her teeth as he spoke, finding it hard to keep her tongue still.

Your not very good at making deals and trying to keep yourself alive I find it hard to believe you have survived this long without some type of help.

At least the hood of her cape would hide the anger that she felt. Were she not that last of her race, she would almost welcome Per Verdict to staying in the midst of such an egotistical asshole.

I will make you a deal for this knife you can stay on this ship for the time being but I expect you to pull your weight around it's going to be no luxury cruise or any shit like that the AI takes care of the basic stuff on the ship I expect you to keep the ship clean and help here and there and for that I will give you shelter from Peyton Per dick that means I will help you in any way I can but if gets too dangerous I will cut loose and make a bealine for the nearest safe galax what do you say to those terms I set forth?

She had been biting her tongue through his whole speech. And he may make fun of Per Verdict, but was is only an idiot that did not see what others see. There would be no safe galaxy for him once on Peyton Per Verdict's bad side. And bad sides were the only sides that man had. Already, she was sure that the man was being informed as to what had happened.

"Understood." Her answer was curt and she paused a moment. "Is there somewhere I can sleep. Then I can begin work." He had mentioned AI but what about this Lacy that he had spoken to? Who was Lacy?

*****

Yourg felt apprehensive about this whole thing, as he was sure Captain Crayton was. So in a way, he was not too surprised when the ship fired at them, hitting their engine and temporarily crippling the ship, before the Wasp 487a winked into hyperdrive. With trepidation he hailed Per Verdict. This news was not going to make the man happy.

"This is Captain Yourg of the Peakskill."

Per Verdict's face filled the screen and Yourg felt a chill run down his spine. Dealing directly with the man was scary.

Peyton was not happy. "I take it that Crayton is no more?" The voice was deep and dangerous.

"Yes sir. Once the Captain and two others had boarded the ship, we were fired upon, temporarily disabling our engines while they fled through hyperspace. We are repairing the damage and meanwhile, we have picked up an ion trail for the ship, a Wasp 487a run by a Captain Reynolds. We are working to finish repairs before the ion trail dissipates. Then we can trail them."

"A Captain Reynolds, eh? I will see what my vast network knows about the man. Let me know when you begin trailing him."

Once the screen went blank, Yourg realized just how much he had been sweating. Damn Crayton!
 
As I listened to her response I couldn't help but smile as he stood he motioned with one finger indicating for her to follow him as they went down a corridor he stopped a short of a few steps as he pressed the button and the door slid open showing a small room filled with all kinds of junk as well as a mess on the bed and on the floor "Yeah sorry about that I only have the one unoccupied mainly for storage but I'm sure you can rearrange it how you want it just fair warning about two scavanger ago a type of rodent escaped confinment and I have yet to be able to find the damn thing so yea fair warning oh yeah get your quaters cleaned up Miss Glas."

As I left the room and made my way down the corridor I could hear a few choice words being directed my way in a language I didn't know I smiled as I made my way back to med bay to get better acquitted with our other guest as I got to the door and opened it I came at a perfect time as Lacey was making sure our guest was quite comfortable sending jolt filled shocks to his body "Now where were we when we were so rudely interrupted by your foolish ensign?"
 
How she wished that she was in his cargo hold, inconspicuous. She had managed so far to remain at least a step or two ahead of Per Verdict and his people. Now, she was caught. Still alive, though for how long was the question. She didn't trust this Captain Reynolds. Couldn't trust him. This was the kind of man that would turn her in if it would line his coffers. This Captain could be more dangerous than Per Verdict. At least with Per Verdict, she knew that he wanted her dead, wanted her power. Per Verdict was a known component. He was Death.

But what was Reynolds? Death? Danger? Or what? The man could be the more deadly of the two. Lulled by a sense of false security, he could very easily turn her over to the man himself despite his words. Evil, or more evil?

His smile made her on her guard. The finger crooking for her to follow down the inner hall to a door. The stench that wafted from the doorway as he pressed a button reminded her of a garbage crate. Inside it looked as if someone had shat and then shook the contents up, spilling everything everywhere.

Yeah sorry about that I only have the one unoccupied mainly for storage but I'm sure you can rearrange it how you want it just fair warning about two scavanger ago a type of rodent escaped confinment and I have yet to be able to find the damn thing so yea fair warning oh yeah get your quaters cleaned up Miss Glas.

The words that she let slip were not allowed in polite society. It was her anger that caused it, and should her father had ever known, he would have been shamed at her by her lack of diplomacy. The Captain made no show of even hearing nor understanding her words. Probably for the best.

She could not do too much work without sleeping. So she quickly cleaned off the bed, stripping it so at least there was as little filth under her as possible. The sound of scuttling in a corner told her that there was indeed something that shared the room with her.

Soon she closed her eyes and sleep overtook her. For all she knew, the world marched through the room. Her body began to recharge itself as she slumbered until when she slowly awoke, blue eyes staring into the murky room. Looking back at her were small, beady eyes, black and curious. The creature seemed surprised to find her in its habitat. Fingers slow and stealthy reached into her sleeve. The creature had no time to run, or even squeal as the dibber plunged into the rat.

Feeling much better and stronger, she got up and threw the carcass into the incinerator before she began cleaning the room. She wiped clean the dibber and hid it within the folds of her clothes before continuing her work.

*****

It felt as if he was going to explode. Captain Crayton couldn't move. He didn't know where the girl or this Captain Reynolds had gone but as the pain shot through his body, he knew that the man that had hired him would not give up.

The door opened and Captain Reynolds entered, entirely too genial for the way that Crayton felt.

Now where were we when we were so rudely interrupted by your foolish ensign?
 
As I talked with Captain Crayton for a good bit asking him to spill any details he had on this Payton Per Verdict the way he spoke of him he was fearful of him and probably good reason as I asked him my last question I then said "I'll tell you what I will do for you Crayton forget the girl and slip away there is a planet full of women humanoids that would be the perfect place to retire settle down and have a kid or two."

As I saw the smile appear on his face I knew what his decision was as I stood up I spoke with a soft voice "Lacey plant a course to 2.55.77 Planet lumesse." As I heard a beep confirmed I stood up as I said "Rest and relax till we get there and for safety measures this door will be locked till then you understand of course." I walked out of the room pressing a button locking the door as I headed back to the room I left Súile in as I got to the door I pressed it open revealing a nice cleaned up room as I laughed to myself "Very good work Súile I hope the creature wasn't too much of a hassle for you." As I held out my hand waiting for her to produce the weapon she was hiding "I'm not going to keep it just want to take a look at."
 
She wanted to hate this Captain Reynolds but at least he was promising to get her as far as possible from Per Verdict. Though putting her in a rathole of a room was not her favorite place to sleep, she had to admit that she had slept in worse places. And she had noted his scruffy good looks. Nothing like Laoch Glas, her betrothed. They never had their time. He was one of the first that Peyton Per Verdict had assimilated, his power soon joined by her family. Laoch's blue eyes showed humor in days before the evil that had claimed him. His hair as red as a dying sun. Not like the dark brooding looks of this Captain Reynolds.

No sooner had she finished cleaning than the door opened and Reynolds entered, with a smile that told her that he had gotten this room cleaned without having to do it himself. Her eyes, now blue, looked back at him unflinchingly. She had been trained as a warrior. And it was a warrior that looked back at him.

Very good work Súile I hope the creature wasn't too much of a hassle for you.

She didn't answer. A wise person knows when words are needed. She stood before him, quiet and proud. So she raised an eyebrow in question when he held out his hand, as if waiting for payment.

I'm not going to keep it just want to take a look at.

She wondered if he had the room bugged. Perhaps he just assumed that she had another hidden weapon.

Father had always taught her that technology could fail you. A phaser? You need power. A gun? Bullets. Etc. But a weapon that you use with your hands, your strength, your cunning, you always have. He might not know exactly what she had, but perhaps he supposed that she had another weapon. Just how many she may have she would not say.

She reached into her sleeve to retrieve the dibber. She had cleaned it and the Arl wood handle had from years of use, worn down to shape well in her hand.

Now she would find out if he was a man of his word.
 
Last edited:
As I felt the weapon being placed in my hand by Súile I couldn't help but bring it up to where I could see it more closely as I said "A weapon like this is quite remarkable I am sure you have been trained well with it, of course, I wonder if my blood will be on it after all this is said and done." I held the sharp end as I handed it back to her as I said "There is going to be a quick stop I've decided to drop Captain Crayton off on a class 5 humanoid planet be warned though as we stop there will be a certain dress code for females so you will need to play along while we are on planet that means I chuckled for a bit as I said the following "Sexy attire if you can pull that off if not we will have to get you something at one of the shops." As I turned around the I headed out the door as I said "Come with me."
 
Back
Top