Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 01-08-2018, 02:26 AM   #101
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
That's how I'd place the quotations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonnights View Post
It might make it more clear to say; "Oh, I also read The Girl On The Train," he admits. [Since I'm not reading it in context with the rest of the conversation, this may or may not be relevant...just a thought.]

The italicas came from a "web search" about how to punctuate book titles...so may want to check on that a little more ; "That means you italicize or underline book titles (e.g., The Great Gatsby, Moby Dick) magazine titles (e.g., World, Sports Illustrated), newspapers (e.g., The New York Times, The Washington Post), plays (e.g., Hamlet, Our Town) movies (e.g., The Matrix, Spider-Man II), TV shows (e.g., The X-Files, Lost), and long poems (e.g., Song of Myself, The Inferno").
Thank you.

For now, I stick with the quotation marks; when possible, I try to avoid text formatting, and I don't think it has much added value in this case.

Maybe one day I'll start a new thread for short questions like these; they keep re-occurring, and it would be nice to have them all together. I wonder if such a thread could be placed in the AH, or if the Editor's Forum would be more appropriate.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:13 AM   #102
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenR View Post
Maybe one day I'll start a new thread for short questions like these; they keep re-occurring, and it would be nice to have them all together. I wonder if such a thread could be placed in the AH, or if the Editor's Forum would be more appropriate.
Problem is, each new writer has similar questions, but with no knowledge of previous threads or how to find them. It's up to the regulars to remember the old threads, and provide links to them...

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 01-08-2018, 05:44 AM   #103
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Thank you.

For now, I stick with the quotation marks; when possible, I try to avoid text formatting, and I don't think it has much added value in this case.

There already are TWO such threads as Stickies at the top of the Authors' Hangout:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1416194

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=596858

My latest Fetish story:
https://www.literotica.com/s/booby-trap

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #104
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
There already are TWO such threads as Stickies at the top of the Authors' Hangout:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1416194

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=596858
Okay, you are correct. Particularly the second thread--"Authors' Hangout Library"--does give some useful links to information I was thinking of, (particularly post #4), but all of it is deeply buried.

I'll keep them in mind for the next time, and I'll try to add to them when possible, also to bring those threads back to the surface again.

Thank you

Old 01-08-2018, 06:15 AM   #105
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Okay, you are correct. Particularly the second thread--"Authors' Hangout Library"--does give some useful links to information I was thinking of, (particularly post #4), but all of it is deeply buried.

I'll keep them in mind for the next time, and I'll try to add to them when possible, also to bring those threads back to the surface again.

Thank you
It is always difficult for newbies to find out information, not just on Literotica but on many sites. The sticky Welcome Authors! Please Read should be where they go first - but they don't.

Reading the instruction manual for anything is not the first thing people do, but a last resort of desperation.

My latest Fetish story:

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #106
redzinger
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
It is always difficult for newbies to find out information, not just on Literotica but on many sites. The sticky Welcome Authors! Please Read should be where they go first - but they don't.

Reading the instruction manual for anything is not the first thing most/many people do, but a last resort of desperation.
bib - so true.

I have added a word - I'm an exception as I usually read what's available to me. I also had an ex who wouldn't do anything until he had read a whole manual from front to back. Well, just the English part. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had a stab at the German translation too.

I like rugby, and rugby men. Can you tell? My submissions.

My Scarlet Series novels on Amazon
FREE Scarlet Series prologue (no cliffhangers), Playing Up - on Smashwords or Playing Up - on Amazon

Twitter: @Toria_Lyons / Website/blog: www.torialyons.co.uk

Old 01-09-2018, 03:02 AM   #107
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinger View Post
bib - so true.

I have added a word - I'm an exception as I usually read what's available to me. I also had an ex who wouldn't do anything until he had read a whole manual from front to back. Well, just the English part. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had a stab at the German translation too.
"Instructions? Pfft. We don't need no stinking instructions." *tosses instruction booklet in twenty-seven different languages over shoulder*

--Four hours later--

"Honey? Have you seen what the dog did with the instruction book?"

You'd think I would have learned. Even when I was knee high to a grasshopper I couldn't play with my Lincoln Logs (the precursor to Legos) without checking the blueprints.

Any road, I had decided I was too close to the problem and took two days off from trying to figure out something to write that didn't make me yearn for a :vom: emoji. Not to mention showing a little less and telling a little more. (And spent far too much time on the forums looking for shit to stir)

And now it's ten days to the starting gun. "Fuckity fucking fuck," to quote a smart lady.

Stupid Cupid.

For the literarily masochistically inclined.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:14 PM   #108
Carnal_Flower
Literotica Guru

I'm working on something that has nothing to do with Valentine's Day. I'll just toss in a few I luuuv you's and call it a day.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #109
SolarRay
Really Experienced

Hi everyone! Nothing like getting your freshly repaired computer back from the Apple Store to foster a sudden desire to frantically write out all your recent ideas. I missed the last contest or two due to working on story series additions, but I'm determined to finish something in time for VD 2018. I've picked up a story sketch that was sitting around for a while, and hoping to flesh it out into something good. (One frisky couple invites another to join them on a little weekend getaway for Valentine's Day, with a swinger seduction plan in mind.) Good luck to all!

Stories by SolarRay

Recent contests:
I Want You To Know I'm Watching (April Fool's)
2 Couples, 1 Cabin: A Seduction (Valentine's Day)

"Oh! perpetually fertilized, virgin and nurse of all that is, chaste and lascivious, pure and revelling, ineffable, nocturnal, sweet, breather of fire, foam of the sea!" - Hymn to Astarte

Old 01-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #110
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Bring it on! I'm ready for it!

Old 01-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #111
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Ack! 5 days and me with not a damn thing!

How the fuck did that happen considering I started scribbling back in early December?

Well, I did finish one. But have ended up trashing it and digging it out of the recycle bin twelve or thirteen times now to see if there is anything there I can salvage.

I'm still trying though. Idea number four hundred and twenty-seven (version D) is begun.

How's it going out there in VD land?

For the literarily masochistically inclined.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #112
Voboy
Really Really Experienced

Itíll get done. Maybe not by the 19th, but itíll get done.

Just need to write the payoff part, which Iím waiting to ďget in the moodĒ to do. No rush

Old 01-14-2018, 11:21 PM   #113
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

I'm running late. I was certain I'd be ready with one for the 19th but nooooo. Time is precious now. Every minute counts.....

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 01-14-2018, 11:35 PM   #114
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
I'm running late. I was certain I'd be ready with one for the 19th but nooooo. Time is precious now. Every minute counts.....
I'm down to the final scene on mine. I have three weeks to get it in before the deadline. That gives me time to finish it, to think about it a little more, and to smooth out the details. I'm targeting a late-January date.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by a ghost story, so the working title for my next story is "Two Whores and a Playwright." The name might stick. I don't know.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:11 AM   #115
oggbashan
Ancient writer

I have six part-written Valentine stories but none of them inspire me to complete them.

I'm going back to an older abandoned draft story to see if that works any better.

My latest Fetish story:

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:

Old 01-15-2018, 07:14 AM   #116
Adder4321
Literotica Guru

Well I totally forgot about the story that I was writing and I only just finished the first draft. It's a lot shorter than I expected but there are still a few things that I want to add.

As for those curious about my own sexuality, I'm a straight switch, who is about 75% sub and 25% dom. I enjoy taking charge every now and then but if I had to decide, I would choose to be a sub every time. My favourite fetish is without a doubt having a woman sit on my face and I have a myriad of masochistic tendencies.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:33 PM   #117
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Which means another Chloe 30,000 word story...

And here's me, I might get a 10k thing in before the comp closes, might not. We'll see.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #118
Soma99
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post

And here's me, I might get a 10k thing in before the comp closes, might not. We'll see.
I just thought I would be further along also. I should have worked on it today instead of posting a personal and chatting with people on here.

Heard some good stories I might use in the future though!

Old 01-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #119
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:

LOL. Screw Your Roses, Asshole is up to 12k and beavering away - shooting for 20k with all the hot sex. Fields of Gold is 25k words and maybe half done or a bit more.... Burning out those Intel processors.

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 01-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #120
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
LOL. Screw Your Roses, Asshole is up to 12k and beavering away - shooting for 20k with all the hot sex. Fields of Gold is 25k words and maybe half done or a bit more.... Burning out those Intel processors.
Yeah, yeah.

Bitch.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:27 PM   #121
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Yeah, yeah.

Bitch.

You just gotta run on nothing but coffee and imagination. Get all wired on caffeine and your brain can't slow and your fingers can't stop... LOL.

Then comes the crash....

Old 01-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #122
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
You just gotta run on nothing but coffee and imagination. Get all wired on caffeine and your brain can't slow and your fingers can't stop... LOL.

Then comes the crash....
Try that for thirteen months and a half million words. Then you can

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger. Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused, and completely dazed and confused.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #123
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:

Then comes the crash....
Umm, that was me in the last year as an undergrad and the first year in grad school. That was forty years ago. Ah ain't doin' it now.

I used to eat chocolate to help keep the energy going. The darker the better.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by a ghost story, so the working title for my next story is "Two Whores and a Playwright." The name might stick. I don't know.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:42 AM   #124
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
Umm, that was me in the last year as an undergrad and the first year in grad school. That was forty years ago. Ah ain't doin' it now.

I used to eat chocolate to help keep the energy going. The darker the better.
And in 30 or 40 years time, Chloe will be on Lit or whatever it will be by then saying....

Old 01-16-2018, 05:43 AM   #125
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Try that for thirteen months and a half million words. Then you can
Get back you on that next Christmas lol