Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really tired of "friends" who can't be bothered to stay in touch. They never get online to chat, they never make a phone call, they never put forth the effort. Why the fuck can't I find a friend who will put forth the same effort I do to remain friends?

:rose: :kiss: :heart:

I'm really tired of "friends" who can't be bothered to stay in touch. They never get online to chat, they never make a phone call, they never put forth the effort. Why the fuck can't I find a friend who will put forth the same effort I do to remain friends?

I had the same problem with my friends, so I just gave up on them.

__

Oh crap, I need to do laundry for tomorrow morning...

I seem to have more friends since I gave up lost acquaintances:rose:

Minx's xmas gift from her grandparents that I ordered for them arrived today. I opened package and fluid shot out all over me and the surrounding area. Now on to delivery attempt 2 for tomorrow and pick up of the broken lamp. On the plus side the lady on the phone was very nice about it.

I will start to post in my winter thread after Thanksgiving,ok.:)
I have a similar thread in the GB,it's so beautiful.

I just initiated contact with both of my parents and my step-sister, none of whom I have much of a relationship with. (I haven't spoken to my mom in three years, have actively avoided my dad for the past year or so, and my step-sister unfriended me on FB a few months ago. No clue why. Yes, my family is highly dysfunctional).

Anyway, I did it and now I feel all icky. Esp since in at least one of the instances I'm going to have to deal with alot of drama.
*sigh*

More 'ear

Been to the Doctor's surgery for the practice nurse to check for non-existent wax in newly oiled ears.

Ears were still waxless.

I'm thinking of ways to describe my hearing problems. Conversation in a group situation is difficult. Prolonged loud noise hurts. Whenever my wife drags me along to a Status Quo concert I use ear plugs.

Very high pitched sounds hurt too. I like the sound of the Baroque Trumpet. My ears don't. I'm taking a CD tomorrow, with a track of Vivaldi's Concerto for Two Trumpets, to demonstrate what I mean.

The test is tomorrow afternoon. Until then I remain an unspecified Deaf Old Coot. Afterwards? A Deaf Old Coot waiting for a hearing aid, perhaps.

Og

Been to the Doctor's surgery for the practice nurse to check for non-existent wax in newly oiled ears.

Ears were still waxless.

I'm thinking of ways to describe my hearing problems. Conversation in a group situation is difficult. Prolonged loud noise hurts. Whenever my wife drags me along to a Status Quo concert I use ear plugs.

Very high pitched sounds hurt too. I like the sound of the Baroque Trumpet. My ears don't. I'm taking a CD tomorrow, with a track of Vivaldi's Concerto for Two Trumpets, to demonstrate what I mean.

The test is tomorrow afternoon. Until then I remain an unspecified Deaf Old Coot. Afterwards? A Deaf Old Coot waiting for a hearing aid, perhaps.

Og

What?

There should be a physical therapy room here with pitch modifying amplifiers, jacuzzi, sauna, masseurs, wet bar...

A good day; extracting one early pitiful, petty annoyance. Is this woman truly that threatened by me, or just have a perilously low self-esteem? *shrugs* "whatever"

5 man crew = 4 idiots and a moron

Cement crew shows up 4 hours late and a hundred pounds short on cement. 2 hours later the hundred pounds of cement shows up. By then we are 6 hours late.

1 Idiot shuts off main fuel to change the main fuel filter. Forgets to turn it back on after he's through. There is a reserve tank for the rig that is called a Day Tank. It actually will run the rig about 2 hours. More idiots gave it that name and designed it. :rolleyes:

Ah. I feel better now and no one was injured seriously in this rant.

Thank You

I really didn't want to wake up this morning. Who knows when I would have gotten up if my alarnm clock hadn't been there to annoy me to ... I ranout of sentence...

Give me your Ears?

I'm back from the auditory tests.

Results?

Both ears are effectively the same. I have 27% hearing loss but because of the particular frequencies I've lost I have 38% hearing disability.

The tests shown that I have most difficulty hearing female voices when more than one female is talking at once.

I'm a father of three daughters and have a nearly-three-year-old granddaughter. My deafness is real, not an adaptation for self-protection. :D

I need TWO hearing aids.

I suppose I can turn them off when the wife and daughters get to be too much...

Og

I'm back from the auditory tests.

Results?

Both ears are effectively the same. I have 27% hearing loss but because of the particular frequencies I've lost I have 38% hearing disability.

The tests shown that I have most difficulty hearing female voices when more than one female is talking at once.

I'm a father of three daughters and have a nearly-three-year-old granddaughter. My deafness is real, not an adaptation for self-protection. :D

I need TWO hearing aids.

I suppose I can turn them off when the wife and daughters get to be too much...

Og

Isn't selective hearing great. :D

Sorry Og. :(

Blurt: damn, there's nothing to compare with real Cuban coffee. Nothing. *sigh*

Ears were still waxless.

Og

:rose::rose::rose:

Oh God....work is fricking boring right around the holidays. There is nottadamn thing to do today and won't be anything to do tomorrow.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

In most peoples lives the worst protagonist they ever meet is between their ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back