Non-Thanksgiving.

D

DesEsseintes

Feeling abandoned by our lovely American friends? Looking around at the deserted and dusty corridors of Literotica Towers and starting to become a little lonely?

Have no fear! This thread is here for the other 95% of the planet (though admittedly it doesn't really feel like that here...). Post what you are eating today on this completely ordinary Thursday. What are your bafflingly nondescript plans for the day? Or let us celebrate the rest of the world - photos of your countryside, your sights and monuments, recommendations for holidays, even national costume. Basically, anything to pretend to ourselves that we non-Americans can have a good time without them.

(Because, to be quite honest, I'm not feeling the love right now...:()​

Feeling abandoned by our lovely American friends? Looking around at the deserted and dusty corridors of Literotica Towers and starting to become a little lonely?

Have no fear! This thread is here for the other 95% of the planet (though admittedly it doesn't really feel like that here...). Post what you are eating today on this completely ordinary Thursday. What are your bafflingly nondescript plans for the day? Or let us celebrate the rest of the world - photos of your countryside, your sights and monuments, recommendations for holidays, even national costume. Basically, anything to pretend to ourselves that we non-Americans can have a good time without them.

(Because, to be quite honest, I'm not feeling the love right now...:()​

good luck with that.

need me to send you some green bean casserole to soothe your troubled soul?

greenbeancasserole.jpg

#feelthelove

good luck with that.

need me to send you some green bean casserole to soothe your troubled soul?

greenbeancasserole.jpg

#feelthelove

I love the fact that both people posting here so far are American...Hegemony is complete. :D

But I love the sound of green bean casserole. Are those crispy onions on top?

a traditional American child's game turned pervy by yours truly. you're welcome.

putting olives (pitted, black) on my fingertips and casting about for a sexeh man to eat them off. :devil:

olivefingers.jpg

Last edited:
I love the fact that both people posting here so far are American...Hegemony is complete. :D

But I love the sound of green bean casserole. Are those crispy onions on top?

fenchs_french_fried_onions.jpg

Mm. French's, ironically. :D

show us your fucking socks, Bella. I'd like to see this scapegoat, if I may.

Last edited:
a traditional American child's game turned pervy by yours truly. you're welcome.

putting olives (pitted, black) on my fingertips and casting about for a sexeh man to eat them off. :devil:

olivefingers.jpg
That could turn into a free for all tapenade ever so quickly if both parties are feeling frisky. Nice idea - and good luck with your search!

yeah, but I'm somewhere where there is no giving of thanks ;)

I'm sure your colleagues have their own private ceremonies for that, Bella. The tradition started as soon as you walked through the door and now occurs daily.

Going to work. Maybe sushi for dinner. .maybe chili.

I give thanks today anyway. ..for my 'Merican friends and every one else here.:rose:

No thanksgiving for me
No home, no family
Just the highway
But it's quiet out here
Maybe i'll splurge and get the turkey dinner at Dennys

Pretend? *raises eyebrow*

Ah, come on. You know that as well as winning WWI, WWII and Vietnam single-handed, they are also the world's premier party people, and that without their charm and understated elegance the rest of us would still be grubbing around in caves somewhere.

Let us show a little thanksgiving of our own. <Raises glass.> To American Exceptionalism and the shining city on the hill!

Oh, okay ... I had a nice pizza for lunch today and, for fuck's sake, a beer to go with it even though it makes me sleepy in the afternoon!

How do you like my non-thanksgiving? :p

Oh, okay ... I had a nice pizza for lunch today and, for fuck's sake, a beer to go with it even though it makes me sleepy in the afternoon!

How do you like my non-thanksgiving? :p

Beautiful, sir. Beautiful. Promise there was no turkey on the pizza?

This Canadian sends her love across the Atlantic to you Des!:kiss::heart:

No biggie. We celebrated a month ago, and for me, it wasn't a big thing. New Years and Christmas are more revered.
I'll be likely to have pork chops and scalloped potatoes. (Remnants of last night's dinner).

I'd post pics but, my phone is shitty and it's not Instagram worthy anyways.

Beautiful, sir. Beautiful. Promise there was no turkey on the pizza?

urgh ... you wanted me to barf, man?

No turkey, no ... just plain tomato sauce, mozzarella and a little gorgozola topping too, to indulge in a dandy mode :D

No biggie. We celebrated a month ago, and for me, it wasn't a big thing. New Years and Christmas are more revered.
I'll be likely to have pork chops and scalloped potatoes. (Remnants of last night's dinner).

I'd post pics but, my phone is shitty and it's not Instagram worthy anyways.
Ah, thank you, madam (is there a short version of Miss Greek Geek?) - much appreciated, and the same to you.
Now that shows my ignorance - I honestly had no idea that Canadians had a similar celebration. Is it the same basic story, of the natives looking after hopeless early colonists?

And pork chops with scalloped potatoes sounds delicious. Far nicer than most turkey, which is such a dry meat unless you faff about with brining, etc.

I'm non-thankful of cancer and wars, or am I doing this wrong?

Nobody in my family ever makes that green bean casserole. How unamerican is that? That's it. I'm staying home.

Even if you have chosen to discriminate between us Europeans in your love sending across the Atlantic, in the name of my admiration for Canada and of my many Canadian friends, I will send my respectful love to you ... hoping you don't send it back :eek: :D

I'm non-thankful of cancer and wars, or am I doing this wrong?

Uhm ... I am not thankful of those either, in the least

Back