Call me cynical, but.....

Compmaxtec1965

Really Really Experienced
Was told best way to meet new people on here was to post here and on The Playground so I did. I joined threads, even started a couple and......nothing. I've PM' d people as requested and gotten no response. I've attempted to make a connection in the threads and got nowhere. It's like one giant clicque and I'm on the outside looking in. I guess people don't want to talk to a cripple. So be it.

Was told best way to meet new people on here was to post here and on The Playground so I did. I joined threads, even started a couple and......nothing. I've PM' d people as requested and gotten no response. I've attempted to make a connection in the threads and got nowhere. It's like one giant clicque and I'm on the outside looking in. I guess people don't want to talk to a cripple. So be it.

Were all doing that buddy ...been on here years on and off. The amount of connections have been few. I wouldnt use your disability as a bargaining tool either, thats just my opinion !!

You're still in using starting gear and you want to do endgame raids?

Consider upping your post count a bit more. A lot of people on here don't trust people with low post counts because they are either avoiding being a part of the community and just picking out random people to PM, It is an alt account, or you're new and you have yet to establish your identity. The Playground is full of people that would welcome you as well as the BDSM community. The latter being a notable mention because everyone there is really sweet.

Seriously, you have 22 posts at the time of me responding in this thread. Don't just think that everything is going to fall into your lap instantly. Give it a little effort. :)

I've been here 10 years and still fight to be part of the conversation. You will find good, friendly people, and some that will only talk inside their cliques. One thing you will see most say though, interaction in the threads, seeing what kind of person you are is the biggest advice offered.

Good luck..

Keep at it, there's someone out there who'll be happy to talk, it just takes a little time. Try the word games, music games, and stuff like that, on the playground. It'll help run up your post count, and get people used to seeing your name around.

I love how you say in your bio that you want to stuff your parents when they die, yet you assume women don't talk to you because you're disabled.:D

Okay, you're cynical!

So, you've been here almost a full month and it seems nobody wants a whirlwind romance? Shocker!

And now you are trying to paint yourself pathetic... Hmmm, trying to use the "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" approach... yeah, that usually works... on saturday morning cartoons, maybe.

I'm not asking for pity. I'm also not looking for romance. I come on here for conversation because I'm disabled and unable to get out to meet people in person. I make the attempt to strike up a conversation and I'm ignored. Why? Because I don't belong. I'm not a part of the clicque. Very frustrating. All I'm looking for is to make friends to talk to, to pass the time.

These things take time and Lit seems to go through cycles. If you're not finding what you want here, you may want to search elsewhere for awhile. If it's not meeting your needs, it's not worth your time.

These things take time and Lit seems to go through cycles. If you're not finding what you want here, you may want to search elsewhere for awhile. If it's not meeting your needs, it's not worth your time.

I've gone to multiple other sites and got the same results. It has to be me or what I'm saying either in my profile or what I post that turns people off. I'm to the point of saying fuck it.

The less expectations I have, usually the more enjoyable the experience in my view. That sounds trite I understand, but it's proven true in my life more often than not. And this is coming from someone who has a lot of anxiety in his life.

Case in point, I was just on another site where I complimented the person on their profile. A few minutes later I got an email from the site that that same person had just viewed my profile and then blocked me. All I had said was nice profile.

Fortunately people are allowed to have opinions on what they like and don't like. Oh, and some people are just assholes. I hardly post on the forums here, but I have quite a few friends that I've made over the years. I know I've had countless PMs ignored, but there is no point in being chafed about it. Just a tip, if you want to get to know the hot blond that loves to post half-nude photos in the amateur pics section, you behind a whole lot of other people. Be patient and eventually you'll make some friends (and you'll be happier with the longevity too).

Case in point, I was just on another site where I complimented the person on their profile. A few minutes later I got an email from the site that that same person had just viewed my profile and then blocked me. All I had said was nice profile.
Your profile seems fine to me. You do say you have a morbid sense of humor before you talked about stuffing your parents...LOL. You mentioned you like to talk politics, there is a politics section on the board but be prepared! Some of those folks get a bit ugly :eek:

Th other thing you need to realize with all these boards is that sometimes when you are on a lot is going on and other times it seems like there is no one posting to talk too. Just the nature of all these boards. I have been here over a year now. I just got on and posted all over the place...was up over 100 posts in just a few days. I still have up and down days here but I have met some great and caring people.

I think just by the fact you are getting so many responses on this thread shows you there is a community here you can belong to.

So welcome hope all goes well, feel free to PM me to chat whenever you like.

Your pessimism is seriously wearing me thin. You've been here for less than a month and you assume that all of your efforts are going to come to fruition overnight. Why don't you just let connections happen naturally by conversing with others? You have a great sense of humor, but your current demeanor and defeatist "WHY ME!?" attitude is like chewing on aluminum foil. It's like you're pissed off because you haven't won the lottery even though you bought $20 worth of tickets and assume that the state lottery comission hates your guts and that's why you lost.

Your pessimism is seriously wearing me thin. You've been here for less than a month and you assume that all of your efforts are going to come to fruition overnight. Why don't you just let connections happen naturally by conversing with others? You have a great sense of humor, but your current demeanor and defeatist "WHY ME!?" attitude is like chewing on aluminum foil. It's like you're pissed off because you haven't won the lottery even though you bought $20 worth of tickets and assume that the state lottery comission hates your guts and that's why you lost.

As I said with my case in point. I complimented someone hoping to make a connection and have someone to talk to and without even making the attempt to get to know me, they blocked me. I wasn't asking some girl to strip and blow me I said nice profile. Not so much pissed off as I am frustrated.

This place is what it is. You have to just go with it.

I have been here for a long time and have a zillion posts, but I am not in a "clique". There is no formula here. I probably am not what is considered the norm here as I keep it mostly G and PG rated....but that is my choice.

You have to find what works for you. Interaction in the board is fun. Just takes a while to find your place.

Welcome to Lit! You are very welcome here. :)

This place is what it is. You have to just go with it.

I have been here for a long time and have a zillion posts, but I am not in a "clique". There is no formula here. I probably am not what is considered the norm here as I keep it mostly G and PG rated....but that is my choice.

You have to find what works for you. Interaction in the board is fun. Just takes a while to find your place.

Welcome to Lit! You are very welcome here. :)

I usually keep it G and PG rated myself. That's probably why I don't fit In. Not being able to get out of the house or even through doorways because my wheelchair is too big is very frustrating

I usually keep it G and PG rated myself. That's probably why I don't fit In. Not being able to get out of the house or even through doorways because my wheelchair is too big is very frustrating

I also keep it G and PG rated. I definitely don't fit into the general mindset on here, but that doesn't keep me from making friends/interacting with others. The only thing I don't keep PG is my excessive use of profanity. I don't have an issue with floating within the corridors of this forum just because I am not an openly sexual person. Some people on here actually don't want to get e-dicked by random people. They're just here to hang out.

been here forever my self....met online and irl many great folks. got tied up for a few years with personal crap and the lack of internet access where i live (thank god hot spot prices became cheap), and for the life of me couldnt get my old s/n to come back up, so here i am tryin out a new skin. we all been there, some of us still are heh

It's not just you mate. Takes a while. Relax. Post and have fun. Nobody here is promised anything.

I post without expectations. I see something interesting and I join in. I don't expect magic. People need to see who you are what you are about. It takes a long time to become a great friends. Being friendly and welcoming is priceless. It helps to be a bit positive as well. You have a great sense of humor. Let that show on the threads.

Strange you thing your the only one that gets nothing. Can you tell us how many men are on here vrs women? A lot of people place themselves on these sites. Do you know just how many men and women get response? Or even looked at? Stop acting as if your the only one. Keep trying. Be nicer welcome them make comments move on. Number one stop feeling sorry for yourself. Life my friend is only what you make of it. Every one I have known like you were great. One blind took her to a skating rink. It took me 3 years to realize she was blind as she never acted like she was. A guy with no legs cut off in an auto accident. The guy traveled the streets on skateboard. When he graduated college he got a motorcycle. Just two examples of moving on and enjoying life as both are married.
Now you want to feel sorry or keep trying?

I post without expectations. I see something interesting and I join in. I don't expect magic. People need to see who you are what you are about. It takes a long time to become a great friends. Being friendly and welcoming is priceless. It helps to be a bit positive as well. You have a great sense of humor. Let that show on the threads.

Hear hear

Back