A mortal in the Band (Closed)

Alex shrugged

"True, but I am not one to come out and tell people how I feel about them even if they know. And come on, how often do you get to see the basist of a world famous musical group play drums?"

He gave a wolf whistle when Luna finished and clapped hands enthusiastically. He looked at Eden as he made his way to the drums.

"By the way, the night is young, there will be enough rehearsal time."

He slid into the seat and picked up the sticks, weighing them and then started a rather basic routine, increasing the intricacy and tempo as he went along. Soon enough he was busy playing another tribal beat covered by some dashing drumming skills. He had no idea where it came from, but he had an idea that it wasn't just him playing. Lucien obviously wanted to give Luna a run for her money.
 
Even sighed shaking her head and wondered out of the practice hall while Luna listened to him play and Omen started to follow Eden before the old woman stopped him.

I will speak with her.
 
Alex finished with a flourish and set there looking at the other two, a sardonic smile on his lips.

"Not so timid after all."

He placed the sticks down as he got up and faced Omen

"So who son that bout?"
 
Omen smirked.

So you two banged on the drums you still won't kiss the girl so clearly my brother is being controlled by a human who doesn't have the guts to act on his feelings.

He shrugged

Honestly you were both off a little on tempo on the chosen songs and Lucien I know you can hear me you are stalling. Are you afraid she will love him and even with a merge you will still be a memory and he will be dominant?
 
Alex grinned, "No brother. I am more worried about Alex than her love. He is new to this, he is timid about her as she is the embodiment of the perfect woman for him. Even when fully merged, it would rob him of everything to act against his nature."

Alex blinked and rubbed his forehead, "OK you gotta stop that, it feels weird talking about myself. So master drummer, whom would you declare the winner? Just remember Luna can bite."
 
You were both off a little perhaps intentionally just sonyou can both carry out another round of this vendetta against my drum set. Its not Luna anyone should worry about when it comes to biting... Her little sister however...

He chuckled but rubbed his shoulder.

At least she has finally grown up some.
 
Alex chuckled and gave Luna a half-bow, "I will allow you this round. Let's rehearse, I need to become a guitar god and make people worship me the moment I strum a guitar."

He picked up his old guitar and ran a loving hand over it, then checked the tuning, before starting to play the solo guitar intro for one of their songs
 
Luna spoke to Eden for a brief moment as Eden smiled and once the intro was over began to sing. The old woman stood in the doorway watching them and shooing away any who sought to come in to gain proof that Alec was Lucien.
 
As they rehearsed, he kept glancing at the old woman who stood guard. He wondered what that was all about and with their first break, he got a bottle of water and walked over to Eden.

"I have an idea for a song. Do you want to work on it during our rests?"
 
Sure... What ya got?

She smiled to him as she walked around a little.
 
"Well I had this song in my mind for a while."

He pulled a piece of paper from his back pocket and folded it open, on it was a hand drawn sheet music with the words written at the bottom.

"This is how far I got, it needs some fine-tuning."
 
I can work with this. Lets go to the piano.

She smiled to him torn concerned that even united one would perhaps be more dominant over the other and that would mean perhaps choosing between Lucien and Alex... Something she did not want to do.
 
He followed her and stood next to her

"We probably need an empty page with sheet bars so that we can put in the edits?"
 
She pointed to the closed top on the piano to some ancient looking musical pages.

There you go... You created them... He created them.
 
"And so we shall use it for new music."

He took a sheaf and looked at her with a smile.

"Let's start then."
 
She smiled and sat down at the piano.

Yes... Lets begin.
 
They spent the next few minutes working on the song. Alex had never felt so happy. Not only were they working on music, but he was doing it with an absolutely wonderful and of course beautiful woman. The song on the other hand could be quite disturbing as it spoke about a person talking to another and in the end it turns out it is the person talking to himself.

But he still liked it and he was quite sure that the fans would like it as well, especially with Eden's touch
 
She was curious about the lyrics but said nothing for now. Clearly it was part of him processing everything.

Its lovely... This should do well.

She smiled to him. To both of them.
 
He felt especially proud at her words and that smile. It made him feel like a million bucks. It also brought back memories of that smile and how much he love it.

He glanced at Omen who had returned and stood watching them. "Well it seems like it is time to continue rehearsal."

He got up and picked up his guitar
 
Nodding she watched the other two Omen and Luna walk in and started to get ready.

Yes let's run through a couple more songs and then relax tonight.
 
"Sounds like a good deal to me. I knew it would take some work, but this is slavery."

He chuckled at his joke, "So which song is first up?"
 
Lucien... Should show you in dreams sometime the live shows of old.

She then rattled off a song and began singing the acapella intro.
 
He listened to her voice, still one that belonged with an angel and in a way she was his angel. He joined in when it was required and played on pure memory as it was not a song previously released on an album.
 
A song sacred in her mind only released to a select few fans through a contest even Omen told her was too difficult for most but she didn't care she knew this way it would truly reach Lucien.
 
As they played the song, Alex became aware that he wasn't just remembering, nor was he taking the back seat to Lucien. In a way, he was Lucien, but he was still himself as well. They were not truly one in the sense of being one person, not yet, but they were one, like two pieces of clay pushed together, but not yet molding.
 
Back
Top