Thank you for the music (closed)

Charles Streak

"Right let us start with a hit and work our way up from there."

He sat back in his chair and ran his fingers through his blond hair,

"I hope to heaven I don't end up in a musical, that just doesn't make sense."
 
She listened to what he said about a musical and giggled some, she loved musicals but they had to start some place.

"I love musicals, and who knows if we have to. Maybe that is our way of getting exposed, a way to get a record label. Or I can make my own record label, I have the money and resources." She said happily.
 
Charles Streak

"All I know is that if you do get me to do something like that, it would have to be like in real life. I have never seen any sane person hopping and skipping down a road and sing. Sure I have seen some do it, but then there was guys in white coats running after them with needles."

He grinned,

"Well let's see what we can do first and then we can start to think of record labels and the gold sellers."
 
She laughed some looking at him.

"I saw a musical once it was very strange but very interesting, it was about a man who would give you anything what you wanted, but you would sign in blood. He loaned money for those who needed organ transplants. And if you couldn't pay the money back, they took the organ you got replaced.

Very strange but interesting" She laughed.
 
Charles Streak

Their drinks arrived,

"Well then, that sounds interesting, bit dark, but interesting. I am sure that I would love to do something like Phantom of the Opera, but my voice just isn't cut out for the more classical scene."

He poured himself a glass and raised it, smiling at her.

"To my new friend and muse. Hope the music brings you much joy and happiness."
 
She raised her glass after him, and listened to him.

"I'll drink to that" She said happily.

"It's funny, I played in phantom of the opera. It was for music class, last year of school. Was fun, I think that is when my deep passion for music came out then." She said happily.
 
Charles Streak

"I think that is one of the pieces that does bring out the love for music in a person. Strange how one person's tragedy becomes another's song."

He drank his water and leaned back into his chair again.
 
She nodded some.

"yeah, music can mean different things for different people. Sometimes I actually miss high school, Ive never really had friends. Not like you" She said with a kind soft smile.
 
Charles Streak

"Seems like we had the same kind of high school experience. Mine was just that I did not fit into any of the little social groups. The musical nerd, one who would either study or play music in his free time."

He finished his water and poured another glass as the food arrived as well, he grinned

"Ah, bon apetite time."
 
She smiled some as she listened to him, everything seemed pretty good.

Right now everything was perfect.

"Yeah, funny how life can change for people" Finishing up her lunch she sat back relaxing, enjoying her newly found friend. Looking over she noticed a piano.

"Strange, never noticed that piano. Do you know how to play?" She looked over and grinned.
 
Charles Streak

He looked over at the piano,

"Are you kidding? Of course I can play the piano. Not my main instrument, but I am not too bad with it in my opinion."
 
She grinned something.

"Why don't you play something for us? I know the owner he keeps it tuned up but no one ever plays it, he wouldn't mind"

She said happily.
 
He grinned at her,

"Sneaky little devil."

He stood up and picked up his guitar case before walking over to the piano, he placed the case next to the piano and thought about a song to use. One came to him and the irony made him smile, he started to play.

"It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The Regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Makin' love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son, can you play me a memory
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes."

La la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be
He says, "Bill, I believe this is killing me."
As the smile ran away from his face
"Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place"

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

And the waitress is practicing politics
As the businessmen slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinkin' alone

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you got us feeling alright

Now Paul is a real estate novelist
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talkin' with Davy, who's still in the Navy
And probably will be for life

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the manager gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
To forget about life for a while
And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say, "Man, what are you doin' here?"

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you got us feeling alright"
 
She smiled and laughed at what he said to her, leaning back she listened to him play. It was a nice tune and his voice was really nice, she noticed people looking at him and began to clap to the beat. Everyone was very happy that everything was the way it was, grinning happily she was beyond complete right now. When he finished she stood up and clapped for him, then everyone else did. Walking over to him she grinned.

"Fantastic!" She hugged him happily.
 
He chcukled and hugged her back with one arm, patting her back,

"Well glad to be of service ma'am, luckily the people like old school music as well."
 
Sky smiled at him with a huge grin

"I do to, I knew that song sounded familiar to me"

Sitting down beside him she brushed her hair out of her eyes.

"Classics never die" She said simply.
 
He arched an eyebrow and turned to the piano,

"Then name the song."

He grinned as he started to play the intro to a song,

"Just to make it easier, it is Beethoven."

He continued to play Fur Elise.
 
She smiled some looking at him and nodded.

"That's easy, Piano Man by Billy Joel, Billy Joel was my mom's favorite singer.

So I know all his music by heart" She said with a huge grin on her face.
 
She laughed some "Fur Elise" She said softly

Standing up she noticed people looking at them, then looked back at her friend. Smiling happily she thought for a moment, he looked at him. Placing her hand on his back she had a feeling they would make both there dreams come up.

"I came up with music last year, never found the lyrics to match it. But meeting you, I think I can put words to it now" She said happily.
 
Charles Streak

He finished the song with a flourish and sat there thinking of her words,

"Music have been my only friend for a long long time, I met a few people when I went to study. Now I have met you, seems like music did bring me some good as well."

He smiled,

"Well I think I have entertained the people enough."
 
She laughed some and nodded.

"Well we can get out of here if you want" She said softly, standing up she paid the pill and finished off her drink, silently sighing softly enjoying the taste and looked over at everyone.
 
Charles Streak

He picked up his guitar case, followed her to the table as he finished his water and then left the dining area with her, as they came to his usual bench, he groaned,

"Not those guys again."

Four youths was seated on the bench with a boom box on the seat, it was pounding out rap music and Charles just gritted his teeth. Oh how they just knew how to piss him off, he touched Luna's arm,

"Come along, I think I know of a better spot."

He walked away and the laughter that drifted after them seemed directed at him
 
She walked with him but then they laughed at him and she stopped dead in her tracks. But she just followed her friend, unsure of what he was going to do. She didn't like idiots like that rule places, she hated punks.
 
Last edited:
Charles Streak

He sat down on a bench next to the fountain at the centre of the park, he pulled his guitar out and smile at Luna,

"Don't let idiots rile you up. They know not what they do in their own ignorance."

He looked around,

"You will be the first lady I brought here, it is a place of calm for me and I have something for you to listen to"

He started to play and gave a lopsided grin,

"I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
Walks along the Seine, laughing in the rain
Our last summer
Memories that remain

We made our way along the river
And we sat down in the grass
By the Eiffel tower
I was so happy we had met
It was the age of no regret

Oh yes

Those crazy years, that was the time
Of the flower-power
But underneath we had a fear of flying
Of growing old, a fear of slowly dying
We took the chance
Like we were dancing our last dance

I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
In the tourist jam, round the Notre Dame
Our last summer
Walking hand in hand

Paris restaurants
Our last summer
Morning croissants
Living for the day, worries far away
Our last summer
We could laugh and play

And now you're working in a bank
The family woman, a football mom
And your name´s Suzy
How dull it seems
Are you the heroine of my dreams

I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
In the tourist jam, round the Notre Dame
Our last summer
Walking hand in hand
I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
Walks along the Seine, laughing in the rain
Our last summer
Memories that remain"
 
Back
Top