What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always tell how deep a hole Dizzybooby has dug for himself by the number of consecutive posts made in a single thread in an attempt o shout down "the opposition".

Today it's turned up to eleven!

:cool:

After reading the backstory on Hostess, I'm convinced the company could not survive, period. Both the executives and the unions hold equal blame here. The Teamsters contract was a gold-plated 1960s era albatross (full pensions for life, zero employee contribution) and the executives promoted "shared sacrifice" while giving themselves 80% raises, golden parachutes, and hiring their relatives as consultants.

The twinkie twins chime in, very amusing. :D

Man, I really wish Romney had won the election. Yesterday's jobs report would have been soooooooooooo much better.

:eek:

Have you thought about taking personal responsibility for it?

Of course, but in the span of one month, I had 3 people bidding on a house I am selling....and all 3 have withdrawn bids. I don't really see how that is my personal responsibility when all three of the reasons were the election and fear of their own financial future.

(and in bidding, I mean, made offers).

Of course, but in the span of one month, I had 3 people bidding on a house I am selling....and all 3 have withdrawn bids. I don't really see how that is my personal responsibility when all three of the reasons were the election and fear of their own financial future.

Maybe your house is a dump?

(and in bidding, I mean, made offers).

Maybe your house is a dump?

Seriously. All my friends that started in real estate during the housing boom are not selling real estate anymore. My friends that started selling real estate 2 years ago are doing quite well.

That has nothing to do with the economic outlook.

So the binary decision here was:

1) If Romney wins, I can buy julybaby's house;

2) If Obama wins, I can't buy julybaby's house.

I would suggest you stop showing your house to members of Romney's election campaign. They're all now unemployed and can no longer afford to buy houses.

I would suggest you stop showing your house to members of Romney's election campaign. They're all now unemployed and can no longer afford to buy houses.

And considering the quality of the campaign they ran, deservedly so.:D

That is very funny. Perhaps they have an indication of how much/or how little money they would have depending on the result of the election.

Someone's voting preference was never discussed. Could it be that there are people who just don't feel comfortable spending money because Obama was elected...no matter who they voted for?

Before....actually the day after the election. One withdrew and my realtor called the other two....both withdrew.

You can't be a serious poster. Really. It's hard to believe you and the crap you type. Not a single offer was withdrawn on your house because of the outcome of the election.

That is very funny. Perhaps they have an indication of how much/or how little money they would have depending on the result of the election.

Someone's voting preference was never discussed. Could it be that there are people who just don't feel comfortable spending money because Obama was elected...no matter who they voted for?

That last sentence makes you sound like the female version of garbage_can.

Suggest you stop blaming and find yourself a broker who doesn't bring you prospective buyers in such precarious financial condition.

Good luck to you.

That last sentence makes you sound like the female version of garbage_can.

Suggest you stop blaming and find yourself a broker who doesn't bring you prospective buyers in such precarious financial condition.

Good luck to you.

There is no one left.....all will be in precarious financial condition, sooner or later.

And perhaps, if I do, as you say, "stop blaming", then perhaps you would be so good as to open your eyes (you can even just squint if that is better) and see that everything is not quite as rosey as Obama promised.

Before....actually the day after the election. One withdrew and my realtor called the other two....both withdrew.

So you had accepted their offers, and then they withdrew them?

You can't be a serious poster. Really. It's hard to believe you and the crap you type. Not a single offer was withdrawn on your house because of the outcome of the election.

She has some amazing things happen to her.

So you had accepted their offers, and then they withdrew them?

My realtor and I were in communication with the one who offered the most. This offer came in on Monday. On Wednesday, they called my realtor and withdrew.

She has some amazing things happen to her.

You have no idea....but the thing is, I learn from them and do not look for other's to handle them for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back