Vasectomy info needed...

You made me look it up regarding my area.


Since sterilization is considered irreversible, and has a rather nasty history, it is legally regulated.

- anybody over the age of 25 has the right to the procedure.

- if you are under 25, there has to be very good reasons, such as serious mental or physical disease, to justify the procedure. The request must be reviewed by a board*.

- if you are under 18, the same rules apply, but a judge will also be put on the board.


*this board also handles requests for abortion after the 12th week and "fetal reduction" in case of a dangerously high number simultaneous fetuses after infertility treatment.

Same rules apply here.
Spouses aren't asked or even informed.
 
It really isn't that big a deal! I've had two! Yep after 3 with my starter wife decided to get fix (or should be "broken"). Got divorced and then re-married. Keeper wife wanted babies so I got the plumbing "fixed"! Took about 5 hours with my junk on the table. Two monkeys later time for another disconnection. All good with the plumbing!
 
It's not really old school to consider the wife's opinion prior to performing elective sterilization on men. It is considered good medical practice in multiple countries and many urologists still include a spouse in the informed consent meeting. What has always struck me as odd is that a man is not as often encouraged to provide consent if his wife is seeking a similar procedure. It's a little sexist and a not-so-subtle shift of power in the baby-making world of healthcare.
I'll be honest and admit that this is based totally on anecdata, but I've actually heard that the opposite is true, or at least it was in the not-so-distant past in some parts of the US. I have friends and relatives whose husbands had to sign off on tubal ligations.

That said, I had a tubal in 2003, and if my husband signed anything, it was related to insurance, not consent for the procedure.
 
Last edited:
I have friends and relatives whose husbands had to sign off on tubal ligations.

When I was in my early teens, my mom needed a hysterectomy for medical reasons. The surgeon refused to perform the operation until my dad signed a consent form. So. fucked. up.

In our sue happy society, I can see why some docs would want to cover their asses, but once the patient has made their decision, then that should be that, IMO. Yes, ideally, spouses/SO's should be informed/consulted regarding voluntary changes to their partner's fertility. But the onus for that should lie with the other partner, and not with the physician.

ETA: When my husband had his V eight years ago, I wasn't asked to sign anything. Although I drove him to the appointment, the only time I talked to his urologist was when he was giving aftercare instructions.

Last year, when I was contemplating a hysterectomy, my doc was ready to schedule it without hearing verbal consent from my husband. I told her we were through having kids, and she took me at my word. As she should have.
 
Last edited:
Ditto the decision to terminate a pregnancy. Ultimately, of course, that is between woman and her doctor, but it seems like the sperm donor should have at least some input.

Agreed. It's incomprehensible to me that this is the case.

I had my vasectomy at a young age. Maybe 26 or 27. I have no kids either. The doctor sort of asked if I was sure and if my wife was on board, but she didn't have to sign anything. I was kind of surprised I didn't get more grief about it, because I was so young and I didn't have kids. I got more grief about demanding to be put to sleep for the procedure. He finally agreed though.
 
You Will Be Just Fine

Well, we now have three kids which is definitely enough!

I'm going to do the decent thing and have a vasectomy, but I've been wondering... will I still produce plenty of spunk (meaning not sperm, obviously, but thick white stuff from my cock)? I like to splash plenty of it on Mel's tits and newly-shaven 'front bottom,' so the last thing I want is a tepid trickle of lukewarm dishwater...

Any pain or discomfort is of minor consideration, I can live with that, but I love producing lots of cum!

It's not until your prostate starts to give you some trouble that the volume decreases. Oh how I wish that I could cum like I used to. Then I started taking "FloMax" and it dried up completely! Talk about shooting blanks. Didn't help my pissing either so I quit taking it.

It is nice to not worry about knocking up your wife or someone else.
 
It's not really old school to consider the wife's opinion prior to performing elective sterilization on men. It is considered good medical practice in multiple countries and many urologists still include a spouse in the informed consent meeting. What has always struck me as odd is that a man is not as often encouraged to provide consent if his wife is seeking a similar procedure. It's a little sexist and a not-so-subtle shift of power in the baby-making world of healthcare.

My first wife and I started young. She wa twenty three when she was pregnant with our second daughter. They knew she would have to be a c-section and she asked if they could tie her tubes during the procedure. They could but because of her age must have asked her a dozen times if she were sure.

They asked me once...
 
Definitely less anxiety knowing you are shooting blanks. With her off BC, her hormones are less wacked too. Had my V 15 years ago. A snip and bag of peas and I was at work next day. No problem, go for it.
 
First of all, follow the rules about boinking after the procedure. There are going to be little buggers there for a period of time. Some docs will just give you a period of time to stay with another method of birth control and some will send you into the room with a cup and dirty photos.
Second, buy yourself a couple of bags of cheap frozen peas. They will be your friend for a few days. Not going to tell you that you won't be sore but walking funny for a few days is worth it.
Hang in there. You can do this.
Oh, and a third point......DO NOT LISTEN TO STORIES FROM COWORKERS OR FRIENDS ABOUT THE AWFUL THINGS TTHAT HAPPENED TO THE COUSIN OF A FRIEND'S BROTHER WHO HEARD ETC ETC ETC.
First rule of any surgery is don't believe the stories.
All this from an OR nurse who has snipped a few.

Had a vasectomy in my forties, Being a smart ass, I went dancing the day after, Holy shit, became elephant man, my balls were so big,that I couldn't wear pants or put my legs together. My wife laughed at me and I deserved it. Wish I had a picture.
 
Had mine 20 years ago after three kids. Took my daughters knee to me poor abused boys as soon as I got home. Then spent the next day crawling under desks and moving an entire buildings worth of computer equipment to another site. The pain was unbearable, and man, elephantiasis of the nuts doesn't even come close to how I looked afterwards!
 
Well, we now have three kids which is definitely enough!

I'm going to do the decent thing and have a vasectomy, but I've been wondering... will I still produce plenty of spunk (meaning not sperm, obviously, but thick white stuff from my cock)? I like to splash plenty of it on Mel's tits and newly-shaven 'front bottom,' so the last thing I want is a tepid trickle of lukewarm dishwater...

Any pain or discomfort is of minor consideration, I can live with that, but I love producing lots of cum!
UK chap here, and to add I had one about seven years ago and no difference in the amount or consistency of cum, I would say go for it, a bit uncomfortable for a week after but then good to go ;)
 
Follow directions

I had a vasectomy 40 years ago. It was no big deal. I followed the doctors orders of no heavy lifting or strenuous activity such as sports for at least 7 - 10 days. The day of the procedure, I put a ice pack on my jewels all day and the next to keep swelling down. I did not have any swelling with the ice pack. I definitely did not have sex until I got an all clear from the doctor. Sex was great after the vasectomy. No more worry that the pill might fail. The amount of cum produced was the same just no swimmers. The only people that have trouble with a vasectomy are those who do not follow the doctors orders.
 
.....The only people that have trouble with a vasectomy are those who do not follow the doctors orders.

I say!


There is no such thing as "surgery without risk".

Some kinds of surgery carries a much smaller risk than others, but blood vessels rupture, blood clots in the wrong places, doctors make mistakes (more often than they admit) and a frightening lot of people get an infection when at hospital.

In the US alone, 722,000 people got an infection at the hospital in 2011.

A vasectomy is not a high risk procedure, but claiming that "do as the doctor tells you, and there is no risk whatsoever" is being rather naive.
 
I had one which went easy peasy. Much better for the male in the relationship to get fixed than the woman.
 
Quick easy and painless , I cum as much as I did before just no active swimmers . Go for it !
 
Had my vasectomy at the start of the year (happy new year to me!)

All the horror stories I read prior had me expecting the worst. Which, perhaps was not a bad thing as it was not bad at all.

Even the needle hardly stung when they numbed my testicles, the only one thing I would say they had to numb me again when I told the doc I could feel him pulling at my tubes ( that is the weirdest sensation I have ever felt)

The bonus was I got to show my cock to two nurses for 40 mins without anyone calling the police.

I had a weeks worth of discomfort (not pain) and no issues since!

I wank just as much, have more sex (wohoo) and shoot just as much as I did prior to the op, but now we don't have to worry about pregnancy or contraceptives not working, I can cum as deep as I like.
 
Vasectomy no bother

I Had mine few years ago. few days of discomfort thats all. no need for condoms so my cock is more sensitive now and i can enjoy the feeling better. still shoot loads of cum, but no consequences. I say snip away.
 
You won't notice any difference at all. In out bing bang done plenty of jism, nothing lost except fear of pregancy, I promise. I had mine in 1984. Best move I ever made.
 
Back
Top