Writing Goal for the Day?

Stuck a third of the way through my final chapter. Stuck on a goddamn sex scene of all things. Over the course of the series these two have gone at it about 50 or more times. I am admittedly out of gas.

Getting to the point I am digging out old writing and trying to find a scene I can "plug in"

If you're having that much trouble -- does there really need to be a sex scene there? Perhaps it'd be better to move the story along and have another one later?

Um, my writing goal is finishing my lecture slides for the classes I teach tomorrow. One set done, another still to go. :eek:

Hmm, I'd like to finish revising the 3rd part of my story today then find the inspiration to write poem #22 for a poetry challenge.

I've actually made some progress on ch 5 of the hockey story. I may even get to the sex soon.

School has started for me so the jumble really begins. Now I'm not complaining but I had a lot of time to write when I was in my loveless marriage. Living with somebody who I love incredibly and loves me doesn't leave me much time to write. I do find time for all the paid gigs but nothing left for the fun stuff. Eh, just need to settle in to the new life. Again, noooooo complaints!

My goal- finish chapter three of Holly tomorrow. Good luck to everybody else.

Didn't do much revising today like I had planned, did homebody stuff on my day off. I did however, did the poem portion of my goal, a senryu. ;)

22 : Scene in a Shower

Oh, there? No, pluck thy
offender! Any more, it's a
dye job downunder.

Well, another night where some writing got done. How about that. Not sure about the next day or two -- in-laws need to bring the Boy back, and the house is a mess. Oh well... guess that's what the basement's for...

If you're having that much trouble -- does there really need to be a sex scene there? Perhaps it'd be better to move the story along and have another one later?

Not an option, unless I rethink the entire outline. The chapter-honestly it's more like a story in itself as it's the finale- is divided into three parts with an epilogue. There is no erotica in parts 2/3 so one needs to end with something steamy.

Hmm, I'd like to finish revising the 3rd part of my story today then find the inspiration to write poem #22 for a poetry challenge.

Same thing, but poem #23. I will get some revising done on my story since I want to get to a different wip before I lose the enthusiasm I have for the idea.

Not an option, unless I rethink the entire outline. The chapter-honestly it's more like a story in itself as it's the finale- is divided into three parts with an epilogue. There is no erotica in parts 2/3 so one needs to end with something steamy.

One might. One of my highest-rated chapters is the last of a long story and it has no sex. However, that's in romance, and your audience requires a different approach, I'm sure. ;)

One might. One of my highest-rated chapters is the last of a long story and it has no sex. However, that's in romance, and your audience requires a different approach, I'm sure. ;)

Precisely! I have, to me anyway, gotten away with a lot of story in this thing but at the end of the day, if there isn't at least a few "my sister's tits" remarks thrown in there I will get heavily trolled.

There is however an author on here who tells me that my story really is a romance. I think they are just fucking with me though.

Just back from a winery crawl. I'll see what I can do on writing chores today. I'm still in review mode on two e-books. Should have a e-book launch later today (habu's "The Handyman"), and chapters of "Death in the Rockies" started posting on Lit. today.

Not a lot of motivation today. Then again, not a lot of sleep last night.

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning. She was in her early 90s, had lived independently for a long time and we were watching her slide into dementia speed up over the summer. While we had our differences, if it wasn't for her, I would not likely have been as interested in world travel.

In happier news, checked out the first chapter of your latest, sr, and I enjoyed it.

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning. She was in her early 90s, had lived independently for a long time and we were watching her slide into dementia speed up over the summer. While we had our differences, if it wasn't for her, I would not likely have been as interested in world travel.

In happier news, checked out the first chapter of your latest, sr, and I enjoyed it.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother--although if she wasn't aware of or enjoying life, she probably would have been the first to say it was time. My mother-in-law is on a slow-boat version of that and makes no bones about being ready to go. Of course, she's 99, within a couple of months of 100. So, it's less sad than going earlier.

Thanks for liking the first chapter of my latest. Chapter two, which I submitted today, is shorter but more of a zinger, I think. The crimes afoot.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

However, far better that she passed quickly after the dementia took over. My wife's grandmother lived until 88 but spent the last 7 years literally not knowing who she or any of her kids were.

Precisely! I have, to me anyway, gotten away with a lot of story in this thing but at the end of the day, if there isn't at least a few "my sister's tits" remarks thrown in there I will get heavily trolled.

There is however an author on here who tells me that my story really is a romance. I think they are just fucking with me though.

Just because, deep down, your story is a romance does not mean that she isn't fucking with you.

Just because, deep down, your story is a romance does not mean that she isn't fucking with you.

Right! I mean.... you know if I wasn't posting from my phone at a bar and already had a few I might be able to figure that last part out.

Goddamn Thursday night pool league.

I am so sorry to hear of this, anna. Please take care.

Back