Runners unite?

So my running last led to a loss of 13 pounds in the last 7 weeks! Today a co-worker who knows I have been running says how much thinner my face looks. While I don't run to get that attention from others it certain helps!

Soo...got out in the driving cold and rain today..

I am aiming to do the HM in 2 hours flat.

5 weeks to go.

Todays run, a two hour grueller, but hit 12.6 miles, so need to find another 0.5 miles in my pace which I hope is doable.

Kept a pace of 9:33 per mile which isn't too bad at this stage.

Felt wiped out when I got home, and I do find if I don't take on some salt pretty soon, I begin to feel sick from the inbalance due to the amount lost through sweat.

How did everyone else get on today?

Nice work Jack! I just got in from a 9 miler. Time was 1:27:49. Anytime I get under a 10 min mile pace I am happy. Great weather here!

Also I decided I am running my first half marathon in June! Can't wait!

I use to absolutely hate running.... ugh! But I've grown to love it and it's a great stress reliever :)
Living in Austin, we have great weather (and trails) for running pretty much year round - but I love to run in the rain...

Saturday's Runs

We both ran yesterday. The wife ran a 5k color run & I ran a 1/2 marathon. Decent finish @ 1:52:30. Had a great morning running! Rewarded ourselves with a night out with friends last night so resting & recovering from both today.

bfcc9cb4c50baef4d852031683718969.jpg

Heading out this morning. First time in about a month. Looking forward to the endorphin rush!

I both run (10Ks and sprint triathlons) and pee, preferably on other runners

since they have very low body fat and very defined muscle mass. Especially I like to see my pee making rivers on my gf's back muscles.
This sounds too distorted. But I love it what can i say!

I'm a runner. I do mostly enter 5k's and 10k's races, but have done 1/2 marathons. I run to stay in shape.

Avid runner here, try to do at least 25 miles a week, avg between 30-35. Big fan of 10ks, ran the Army Ten Miler back in 2010 and Chicago marathon in 2009. Always a great feeling coming back from a solid run.

Hit 13 miles in 2 hours today.....delighted!

On track for my target, pace was averaging 9:14 a mile.

Shattered now, but getting there with only three weeks to go.

california runner

I started running 15 years ago. I'm 65 now and feel great. Running keeps me fit and gives me lots of stamina (heh, heh, heh). I'd love to hear from other mature runners that also enjoy erotic pleasures in life.

Nobody ran in March? About to go to the track and log some speedwork......yuck!

I'm more of a walker/runner; brisk walking with some running in the middle. Does that count? lol Anyway, I do it to keep in shape, as I've gotten a bit meaty already. I promised myself to exercise more in the next few weeks/months. I'm a morning runner too - it gets me in a better mood, and I'm too tired in the evening to exercise. Good luck to all runners out there! :)

Not much of a distance runner, up to 2009 I ran 400s but after an accident its been a real bitch to get back in the frame of mind to train and compete. Just cant find the drive to push myself, so much so I dont even attend track meets anymore.

Fernie, nothing wrong with walking, at least you're out there. When I started running I would run for 2 minutes and walk for a minute, and I worked my way up from there. Morning is a great time to run. It's nice to know you've accomplished more by 6 AM than most people will do all day.

Smurf, I had a similar experience, had a major surgery, and haven't raced consistently since then.

Back