Anything, dearie? (OUAT Roleplay - Seeking Rumplestiltskin) ~OPEN~

nimthiriel

Virgin
Joined
Aug 3, 2014
Posts
9
Lightning flashed across the moor followed by thunder, this time nearby. When her horse reared skyward, she had not anticipated it.

“Osiris, stand firm!” she gasped, gripping her thighs tighter while she fought for balance. Osiris jerked back before righting himself.

“Easy now,” she soothed.

With the threat of a storm imminent now, she was growing desperate. The moon was nowhere near the horizon but it could very well be twilight. Their only cover was the Enchanted Forest closing in ahead and her horse, normally so headstrong, even bordering reckless, seemed reluctant to enter. Gaining on a web of lifeless trees, Osiris snorted, uneasy.

Jennica hesitated too. It took only a glance to turn the blood in her veins to ice. The trees were so dense that the ground had darkened to black. And inside, all was still and silent.

Before she could even consider abandoning the plan, she risked a look behind her. The sight was far worse. Dark, angry clouds rolled over the horizon. In the distance, a dozen knights was hell bent on riding her down, King George's insignia on their banners a sore sight to her eyes. Blast. She thought she had more time.

Then the most incredible thing happened.

As she watched, a couple yards nearer into the thick of the forest, the lead horse of her pursuers stumbled and screamed. The rider fell and didn't recover, so did the three others who lost their momentum and crashed bodily into each other. Jennica gaped, disbelieving her luck. She would have laughed in relief if the feeling of triumph didn't coincide with a particularly harsh clap of thunder.

Only Osiris' terrified neigh served as her warning, but it wasn't enough. The black steed thrashed in panic far too aggressively and soon Jennica was sprawled flat on her back. A deliberate rustling of leaves to the left didn't give her the luxury of a groan.

"Who's there?!" she demanded, scrambling to her knees, her left hand groping for her dagger no matter how painfully her arm protested.
 
Back
Top