What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bath and Body Works There's the Rub salt scrub.... oh my goodness my skin feels like silk now! Using it felt like being on the beach, too. Highly recommend it! :D
 
Spoke to Mistress today about my plumbing woes. She was so sweet and supportive, and hearing her voice made me feel so much calmer. She even put me in my place a bit, and made me come back to where my head belongs. I so miss being by her side.
 
DitchWitch

That was the name of the company digging a ditch on the side of the road. I had to giggle so hard at that!
 
DitchWitch

That was the name of the company digging a ditch on the side of the road. I had to giggle so hard at that!
At a beach somewhere (damned if I can remember where, now :rolleyes: ), the little snack shop was called "The Sandwitch Shop." The first time I saw the sign, my Spock-mind thought, "OMG - if they can't spell it, I don't wanna eat it." Then the human part of me kicked in and caught the pun. It's hard having green blood sometimes.
 
Timing is everything

A line from Livy's The Early History of Rome:

One Poetilius tried to stir up trouble, but without success...He then threatened to obstruct recruiting, which amused people considerably as there was no prospect of war and no call for mobilization.
 
My friend getting approved for her US Visa after a year of waiting! She can FINALLY move over to the US to live with her fiance!
 
My friend getting approved for her US Visa after a year of waiting! She can FINALLY move over to the US to live with her fiance!
Why didn't she just swap identities with VelvetBubbles? Would have made life a lot easier for them both!
 
Hot guys wanting to flirt to see if it'll get them ahead. Sure it will, it just means I'll flirt right back!:D
 
What this girl said about me on the local board. She didn't live too far away.

You used to come over to MBH's. I can still "see" this. There you were - in their driveway - completely naked!!!!!!!!!!!! You used to eat dirt, too.

I told her I haven't changed much.
 
My mum and me in the kitchen this afternoon. My dad had his hernia fixed last tuesday and had been suffering with constipation since the op (I warned him he would) so he had been drinking fresh OJ and eating fruit to no avail. On tuesday he got laxatives from teh local chemist and they've finally worked.

He told my mum today "My bum is on fire!"

And me and mum chuckled at it. We were taking the mickey out of him in the kitchen earlier.

Sounds cruel I know, but the fact you need to know is that my dad is a miserable bastard and will take the mickey out of you if he gets chance.

*snigger*
 
there was a plant sale at the school today for mothers day. some of my students chipped in and bought me two small flowers :)
 
Awwww MIS that's lovely!

I've been on teaching placements and been given a plethora of gifts from the kids at the end. Flowers, chocolates, class made piece of art and a mug that said "great helper!".
 
Awwww MIS that's lovely!

I've been on teaching placements and been given a plethora of gifts from the kids at the end. Flowers, chocolates, class made piece of art and a mug that said "great helper!".

my basement is wallpapered with drawing that my students have made me
 
Yeah I've got a framed picture up on my wall that the kids from my last placement drew me. It's copied from an xmas card they found but its a fantastic drawing.
 
Way back in the day, my newspaper journalism students came to me on the Friday before Mother's Day and gave me a card and box of chocolates. (This was, in the Florida school calendar, about two weeks before the end of school.) I looked at them a little confused and said in my favorite "you're in trouble now" voice, "I'm not anyone's mother."
.
.
.
The ringleader (editor) looked at me with her innocent blue eyes and said, "Yeah, we know. But school's out when Father's Day comes." It took a lot to keep a straight face and just say, "Thank you." Or maybe my face didn't quite stay straight. :eek:
 
This is the only board I go to where the "happy" thread has more posts than the "sad/angry" thread. Interesting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top