The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Mr. cookie had an "episode" yesterday - super scary. After a tough weekend and a busy, chaotic Monday morning, he had a panic attack once everyone left. We signed up for hospice and it started yesterday.

{snip}

This morning, he's perky, alert. Feeling focused. Chapping my ass that I have clothes on - so clearly, his attitude is much better.

Fuck. Fuckity fuck. Fuck ALS. Fuck cancer. Fuck the things out of our control.

Even when he arrives slowly, stealthily, and quietly, Death shakes us to the core. When He collides with us in the feverish night we lose all reason. With good reason.

Be good to yourself, friend. :rose:

Mr. cookie had an "episode" yesterday - super scary. After a tough weekend and a busy, chaotic Monday morning, he had a panic attack once everyone left. We signed up for hospice and it started yesterday.

I took him outside, thought the sun and air would calm him down. Instead, he started hyperventilating. His eyes rolled back in his head but eyelids didn't close, his head flopped to side and his mouth was just slack.

WTF? Holy cats. At scary times in the past, I've become superwoman - like one of those moms you hear about who can lift a car of their trapped kid. This was not the case. I shook him, screamed at him, I actually slapped him twice - hard. He didn't wake up. I ran down the patio to the driveway - our home health aide had walked out the door with us. I was hoping he was still in his car but that wasn't the case.

When I ran back, Mr. cookie was awake but unfocused. He didn't realize I was hysterically crying until I grabbed his shirt and shook him. He looked at me and asked what was wrong. He didn't remember the episode.

This whole thing only last a minute.

It made me realize I'm just not ready for anything. We've planned everything - we've had the tough discussions. And yet, when this moment happened, I wasn't quite sure what to do.

This morning, he's perky, alert. Feeling focused. Chapping my ass that I have clothes on - so clearly, his attitude is much better.

Thoughts are with you, be strong :rose:

I took him outside, thought the sun and air would calm him down. Instead, he started hyperventilating. His eyes rolled back in his head but eyelids didn't close, his head flopped to side and his mouth was just slack.

WTF? Holy cats. At scary times in the past, I've become superwoman - like one of those moms you hear about who can lift a car of their trapped kid. This was not the case. I shook him, screamed at him, I actually slapped him twice - hard. He didn't wake up. I ran down the patio to the driveway - our home health aide had walked out the door with us. I was hoping he was still in his car but that wasn't the case.

When I ran back, Mr. cookie was awake but unfocused. He didn't realize I was hysterically crying until I grabbed his shirt and shook him. He looked at me and asked what was wrong. He didn't remember the episode.

This whole thing only last a minute.

It made me realize I'm just not ready for anything. We've planned everything - we've had the tough discussions. And yet, when this moment happened, I wasn't quite sure what to do.

Wow...so intense...so scary. I am sorry you have to deal with this Cookiecat. I fear the next phase for both of you as he continues to deteriorate and you have more scary moments...

Praying for you still and offering hugs whenever you need one...

saw a friend this morning, a former coworker, a man I've know for over a decade. He has terminal liver cancer. The docs give him a year, at best. To see this man, that I thought would out live us all, frail, weakened, and scared....

it just breaks my heart......:(

It is heartbreaking to watch...so sorry to hear this.

Sending you prayers and well wishes for yourself and your friend...

saw a friend this morning, a former coworker, a man I've know for over a decade. He has terminal liver cancer. The docs give him a year, at best. To see this man, that I thought would out live us all, frail, weakened, and scared....

it just breaks my heart......:(

It is tough to see those we care for and respect be victimized by this fucking cell sucker!! Sorry for his path and sorry for your pain! FUCK YOU CANCER!

Both my parents have had cancer, and so many friends and family have gone thru (and sometimes lost) this battle. I know eventually, I will have to face this too.

Edited because once again, I've offended someone

Last edited:
God I suck at keeping in touch.

I don't know where else to go. The board seems so empty without him. I feel a kinship here.

It's been nearly two years. I've reverted back to the way things were when I was in South Dakota and he was in Tennessee. I'll read something and think "I need to send it to Sir W" and then remember all over again. It just feels like he's so close, like I could sign in and he'd be there. Nevermind that we spent five years in the same house. He's not gone, he's just logged off.

I'm good, I really am. I just miss the old man. I think I'll go read some of his old posts...

YK

I don't know where else to go. The board seems so empty without him. I feel a kinship here.

It's been nearly two years. I've reverted back to the way things were when I was in South Dakota and he was in Tennessee. I'll read something and think "I need to send it to Sir W" and then remember all over again. It just feels like he's so close, like I could sign in and he'd be there. Nevermind that we spent five years in the same house. He's not gone, he's just logged off.

I'm good, I really am. I just miss the old man. I think I'll go read some of his old posts...

YK

YK...Sir W is the reason I am a LIT member instead of continuing to "lurk". His posts were always so welcoming and I have thought of you often and wondered how you were doing. I am hoping the grief gets easier for you and I am sending you hugs...

This thread can be very depressing at times.
I think it's long overdue for an uncomfortably relevant joke.

CjCjhztXEAABu3P.jpg

YK
I miss BOTH of you. :rose:

<snip>

YK

I was here briefly when you were together. I remember thinking how special it was you found each other.

Many blessings as you find your way. :rose:

One in the win column

OK Damn it...time for the first of many (me)to win one and send this cellfucker on his way...

Today I was told I am in remission...cancer-free...

After damaging my heart, enlarging my liver, and killing my pancreas (I am now a diabetic) the tests show NO evidence of cancer.

The kind of cancer I had has a strong chance of recurring but for now I am celebrating!!!

Oh and for all my friends out there struggling do not think I forgot how hard the battle is and I am still praying for so many of you...BIG HUGS

Fuck you cancer...

OK Damn it...time for the first of many (me)to win one and send this cellfucker on his way...

After damaging my heart, enlarging my liver, and killing my pancreas (I am now a diabetic) the tests show NO evidence of cancer.

The kind of cancer I had has a strong chance of recurring but for now I am celebrating!!!

Oh and for all my friends out there struggling do not think I forgot how hard the battle is and I am still praying for so many of you...BIG HUGS

Fuck you cancer...
latest

Fuck you cancer...

Cancer free! :heart:

Fuck you cancer...

Woohoo!! Congratulations :D :rose:

Fuck you cancer...

That is GREAT NEWS!!!! *Huge bear hug* :rose::rose:
FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

Fuck you cancer...

Sweet!

I'm not sure why I'm here other than it's easier to tell far away faces and friends than it is in real life.

I somehow believe my sheer force of love will keep my husband alive. How can it not? I've only had him 5 years. I sit here, watching him sleep, afraid to let him sleep.

The hospice doctor was here. Said husband is in active dying phase. He thought two days. My husband said no way! :heart: Two days. A week? I'll take every moment I can get.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

I'm not sure why I'm here other than it's easier to tell far away faces and friends than it is in real life.

I somehow believe my sheer force of love will keep my husband alive. How can it not? I've only had him 5 years. I sit here, watching him sleep, afraid to let him sleep.

The hospice doctor was here. Said husband is in active dying phase. He thought two days. My husband said no way! :heart: Two days. A week? I'll take every moment I can get.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

Because you do tell people here, we are privileged to be let inside a little, and are trusted with a piece of your pain, unvarnished. Thank you for sharing yourself and your husband, as painful as it is.

May you both be happy and free of suffering.

:rose:

Fuck ALS.

Fuck you cancer...

Cellfucker walks off the field head down.

cmslt pumps fist toward stands of cheering litsters.

FYC.

Back