Plagiarism on Amazon

Sent Amazon a very long, detailed, and polite email with URLs for 40+ Ron Mexico stories. They did take the time to answer, but their response made it clear that they'll ignore everything except official complaints from the actual authors:

This has been our experience with them as well the many times we've contacted them about plagiarism - which is what prompted us to researched the issue and make this post:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1055555

Well I've just noticed that most of Ron Mexico's creations have now disappeared from Amazon apart from just nine books.

Last edited:
Well I've just noticed that all of Ron Mexico's creations have disappeared from Amazon UK and there's only nine books left on Amazon US.

Noticed that yesterday when I went to add more reviews. I guess Amazon cares a little, though I don't understand why any titles remain.

Noticed that yesterday when I went to add more reviews. I guess Amazon cares a little, though I don't understand why any titles remain.

Gives him something rebuild his Amazon holdings on, as he's done before.

This has recently happened to me now. An author on Amazon UK is publishing my stories from here (which all contain celebrities) and selling them under the name Beatrix Randall.

I've never had to report anything to Amazon before, so this is a first time experience for me.

This has recently happened to me now. An author on Amazon UK is publishing my stories from here (which all contain celebrities) and selling them under the name Beatrix Randall.

I've never had to report anything to Amazon before, so this is a first time experience for me.

Look for the "report a cheaper price" option and point out that the books are available for free on Literotica. Whether or not you can prove ownership, Amazon doesn't allow people to charge a higher price for self-published Amazon stories than is being charged elsewhere.

Look for the "report a cheaper price" option and point out that the books are available for free on Literotica. Whether or not you can prove ownership, Amazon doesn't allow people to charge a higher price for self-published Amazon stories than is being charged elsewhere.

Hi, thanks for the help. I truly appreciate it.

So far, Amazon has been reluctant to help me as they want to speak to the copyright owner (Literotica).

I have 3 of my stories that have been published on there. The person kept the names for all of them except one. They're celebrity based stories, which really surprised me. Another celebrity author was also plagiarized, along with possible other authors from the site.

I looked on here and couldn't find the option to 'report a cheaper price' but I am still trying to get this removed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KIM-KARDAS...?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1521077951&sr=1-4

That's one of them. I sent Amazon links to Literotica proving that these stories were lifted and published on their site, but they wanted to speak to Literotica about the copyright.

YOU have the copyright. All you do when you post a story here is grant Literotica a non-exclusive permission to display it.

At the bottom of the page, you should find several things listed under "feedback". I can't remember exactly which one it is you want, but I believe it's the one for the work being "inappropriate". Once you've clicked through that link, there should be an option to say it is available for a cheaper price ( free ) elsewhere. Link to the Lit pages.

As often as not, they immediately drop the work from their site like a chunk of hot slag when they find it available for free here, because it completely devalues the product, making it all but worthless to them.

Honestly surprised you're getting any kind of runaround. It may be that you reported it for copyright, and they're following some protocols that the associates dealing with reports for inappropriate work don't have to follow.

Hi, thanks for the help. I truly appreciate it.

So far, Amazon has been reluctant to help me as they want to speak to the copyright owner (Literotica).

I have 3 of my stories that have been published on there. The person kept the names for all of them except one. They're celebrity based stories, which really surprised me. Another celebrity author was also plagiarized, along with possible other authors from the site.

I looked on here and couldn't find the option to 'report a cheaper price' but I am still trying to get this removed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KIM-KARDAS...?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1521077951&sr=1-4

That's one of them. I sent Amazon links to Literotica proving that these stories were lifted and published on their site, but they wanted to speak to Literotica about the copyright.

Thank you to both of you. I reported all 3 "books" as faulty products under the feedback option where it was possible to report them. Just waiting on Amazon to do something now.

While waiting, I did some searches on Beatrix Randall's other books and found that this person had also stolen a story from another author in the Celebrity section on the site. I notified the person, but they haven't posted anything in years and haven't touched their profile since 2016, so they may not be aware (the story that was stolen goes all the way back to 2004).

I was unable to match any of the other ones the person is selling on Amazon but I have no doubt they were stories lifted from this site. If I ever match them, I'll be sure to notify the authors and let them know that this thief is selling their work. Hopefully if my 3 plagiarized "books" are removed, the whole account will go for this thief.

Success!! Managed to get 2 removed, just one more to go. Thank you for the help, folks. I truly appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Thank you to both of you. I reported all 3 "books" as faulty products under the feedback option where it was possible to report them. Just waiting on Amazon to do something now.

While waiting, I did some searches on Beatrix Randall's other books and found that this person had also stolen a story from another author in the Celebrity section on the site. I notified the person, but they haven't posted anything in years and haven't touched their profile since 2016, so they may not be aware (the story that was stolen goes all the way back to 2004).

I was unable to match any of the other ones the person is selling on Amazon but I have no doubt they were stories lifted from this site. If I ever match them, I'll be sure to notify the authors and let them know that this thief is selling their work. Hopefully if my 3 plagiarized "books" are removed, the whole account will go for this thief.

Thanks for letting me know Power Games was up there. I posted this in the thread above|:

A lovely Lit author messaged me to tell me I have joined the dubious club of having my work stolen.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0796WJCNB/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

I've filled in the contact form, but is there anything else I need to be doing please?

I've done the 'cheaper price' option too.

The last 'book' of mine that was stolen from Beatrix Randall is finally gone.

Thank you Redzinger. When I noticed the other books, I was sure that they also were stolen like mine so I spent the weekend trying to match the titles or lines from a google search. Luckily I found yours and was able to match it. It was only the right thing to do for me to notify you. I'm so sorry this happened to you as well.

The rest of the 'books' being sold are written by the same author (TheDarkCloud). I contacted him as well and he did manage to get the Beyonce book taken down, but he's had a hard time getting the rest down. I've passed down this information to him regarding the "report a cheaper price". When I reported it through that and Kindle's services, they immediately dropped the products.

Thank you Gentleman_G and RejectReality for your help, I truly appreciate it. When I was first made aware of this, I panicked since I had never experienced something like this. It still shocks me that someone would go through the Celebrity/Fan Fiction section and steal work from there and publish it with the names of famous people. On the other hand, I'm a bit flattered that someone would think my work is good enough for stealing and publishing.

Amazon must have reached tipping point on 'Beatrix Randall' as all the other novels are gone too.
Wonder if they made anything?

Back