Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Tucket's clog dance is damned good (although I cannot translate it).
Gennady Yanin at the Bolshoi danced the same Ashton routine.

Igor Glushkov did another with the Croatian company.

But how many different choreographers have done it ?

What's a bigger faux pas at a party or family gathering...getting caught snooping in the medicine cabinet or clogging the toilet? :eek:

I'll take your word for that. . .

It's not just his word, HP; the Senator was caught in a loo-based sting operation. According to the Senator, he was simply hoping to get some toilet paper from the policeman in the neighboring stall; the policeman thought otherwise.

It's not just his word, HP; the Senator was caught in a loo-based sting operation. According to the Senator, he was simply hoping to get some toilet paper from the policeman in the neighboring stall; the policeman thought otherwise.

what did he get at the trial ?

I don't remember if it went that far or if it stopped at the embarrassment; JK might remember more.

He pretty much created a giant clusterfuck by first denying everything, then pleading guilty and paying a fine for disorderly conduct. Afterwards he announced he was resigning from the Senate to only reverse his decision and refuse to quit. Then he tried to get the already settled case reversed by appealing the charges which got him nothing but even more bad publicity as more than a half dozen other men said he had solicited them for sex also.

Even with pressure from his fellow Senators to follow through with his announced resignation, he continued to serve for another year but didn't run for re-election.

Adding insult to self-inflicted injury, he got burned more than three years later by the Federal Election Commission for improperly using campaign funds for his legal defenses and had to pay back almost a quarter million dollars from his own pocket.

Definitely not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig_scandal

Whatever brings those tourist dollars through the door. ;)

There are many destinations that are, I think, figments of the tourists' imaginations.

(By the way, I've really enjoyed Key West, including the six-toed cats. Most of the bars and restaurants I've been in are honestly friendly and comfortable. The only frightening experience was the sight of a line of possibly thousands of tourists creeping at a snail's pace to reboard their cruise ship).

There are many destinations that are, I think, figments of the tourists' imaginations.

(By the way, I've really enjoyed Key West, including the six-toed cats. Most of the bars and restaurants I've been in are honestly friendly and comfortable. The only frightening experience was the sight of a line of possibly thousands of tourists creeping at a snail's pace to reboard their cruise ship).

That's the problem with getting off at a port of call...you tend to forget just how long it took to get ON the cruise ship in the first place as if somehow it would be magically easier the next time. :rolleyes:

That's the problem with getting off at a port of call...you tend to forget just how long it took to get ON the cruise ship in the first place as if somehow it would be magically easier the next time. :rolleyes:

That's one of the reasons I never cruise (on a floating hotel, anyway).

That's one of the reasons I never cruise (on a floating hotel, anyway).

I stayed on a botel that was moored on the Danube in Budapest. That's what I call a "floating hotel."

Cruise ships have turned into a combination of mobile mall food courts and miniature Disneylands. I saw a video the other day of one that even had a go cart track on the top deck that extended out over the sea. :eek:

I stayed on a botel that was moored on the Danube in Budapest. That's what I call a "floating hotel."

Cruise ships have turned into a combination of mobile mall food courts and miniature Disneylands. I saw a video the other day of one that even had a go cart track on the top deck that extended out over the sea. :eek:

Psalm 107:
'They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters'

(We accept Mastercard, Visa, and American Express :D)

Totally jumping in the conversation here. Sleep is elusive tonight. :(

And the others have plaques proclaiming "Hemingway got drunk here."
In Savannah, the plaques say, "Ghosts get drunk here."

Actually, there are no plaques saying ghosts drink at the bars. Just a lot of talk about the ghosts that live upstairs above the bar. Makes for a great walking tour, trying to hit every bar that proclaims to have ghosts. :)

I saw a video the other day of one that even had a go cart track on the top deck that extended out over the sea. :eek:
No, no, no, no, no! That image! I'll never get to sleep now, and if I do, the nightmare that awaits. :eek:

And the others have plaques proclaiming "Hemingway got drunk here."

If you believe English tourist boards' propaganda, Queen Elizabeth the First spent her whole life bedhopping from town to town so that places can have 'Queen Elizabeth's Bedroom' as a tourist sight.

Charles Dickens seems to have written (or based) a novel in every town in SE England.

Ghosts? Every city, town and many villages have multiple ghosts so that canny operators can charge for the 'ghost tour'. My own town is supposed to have six or more different manifestations dated from Roman times to just before the First World War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back