New Michigan Roll Call!

It is so cold....everyone in Michigan go to bed with your windows open and heat on high. Maybe we can bring summer back!!
 
It is so cold....everyone in Michigan go to bed with your windows open and heat on high. Maybe we can bring summer back!!

Some one told me because we started so mild, we might see spring by the end of February. I am calling bull shit right now.
 
Michigan

Glad to see some active users here in the Mitten. Now that some of us have posted where we are, how bout we get some convo's rocking? What is everybody into/doing? I'm an artist in 313/734 area. Working on new paintings. I work a lot with the figure.
 
any ladies in the 810 area or saint clair county. looking for some fun.
 
Working on new paintings. I work a lot with the figure.


What type of paint do you use? I am partial to water color myself, and my sister likes acrylics, but I do not have much knowledge about the various styles. Care to educate me?
 
What type of paint do you use? I am partial to water color myself, and my sister likes acrylics, but I do not have much knowledge about the various styles. Care to educate me?

I started with acrylics, worked up to oil, and now I dabble in all three. My BFA is in painting and I will use any medium I can. Some characterize my work as mixed media. One of these days I'll post in the artists board.

Acrylics are a good place to start as you can use them to mimic oil (with the right gel mediums), or can be diluted with water to mimic watercolor without the problematic bleeding...
 
I'm from the 989 area! Anyone have anything fun planned for the super bowl? I will unfortunately be working :(.
 
I'm from the 989 area! Anyone have anything fun planned for the super bowl? I will unfortunately be working :(.

No major plans here Giggles, just watched it on my couch in 734 with a few friends. I had driven through 989 earlier in the day though. Hope work went okay for you.
 
Back
Top