Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my (Vauxhall) alternator packed up, I found I could - just - manage steering the beast. A replacement cost me an arm and a leg - and that was part-exchange !

More on car...

My mechanic has looked at the car. It could have any of five different alternators, none of which are in stock.

The alternator will have to be taken off so that the serial and part numbers can be read. Then a new one can be ordered. Delivery 24 hours - from Sweden!

So I've tried whatever I can. I've finally reached the conclusion I'm not the mechanic I thought I was. Oh sure. I've done so many little things that need my attention. But now, It's back to the mechanic who can succeed where I've failed.

But the truck? That's an entirely different matter. That's my chore and mine alone.

Also, it needs a bath.

Car Part 3

I disconnected and removed the battery to put it on the bench in my garage to charge.

The battery charger died!

I have had it for at least 40 years so I shouldn't have been surprised. New battery charger - not the smallest because Volvo batteries are large - cost £22.

The battery is now charging. Even with the more powerful charger I'm expecting 36 to 48 hours.

I looked closer at the ancient charger. Apart from external rust, there were many dead spiders inside the casing and in the plug. The fuze was rusty. I changed it before buying the new charger but that still didn't work.

Now my mechanic can remove the alternator, check serial/part numbers and I need to find where I put the radio code...

I looked closer at the ancient charger. Apart from external rust, there were many dead spiders inside the casing and in the plug. The fuze was rusty. I changed it before buying the new charger but that still didn't work.

Now my mechanic can remove the alternator, check serial/part numbers and I need to find where I put the radio code...[/QUOTE]

Wish we were closer; I'd love to get inside the case and see.
As to the radio code. . . . Ah, now that's problem. :)

From the kitchen table to this little room. I'm finally doing it. This spot is where I spend most of my time. Doing what I love most. And so today, this big ole desk I've repaired, will sit until it's ready to move again. And I will be busy for a bit. Reorganizing this itty bitty room. Cluttering it I suppose. The wall in front of me? It will remain untouched and blank - that's where my mind roams and does all those incredible things. :cool:

From the kitchen table to this little room. I'm finally doing it. This spot is where I spend most of my time. Doing what I love most. And so today, this big ole desk I've repaired, will sit until it's ready to move again. And I will be busy for a bit. Reorganizing this itty bitty room. Cluttering it I suppose. The wall in front of me? It will remain untouched and blank - that's where my mind roams and does all those incredible things. :cool:

You should NEVER call it "Clutter".
Projects in production (or 'Work in Progress'), perhaps, but never Cluttered
:)

You should NEVER call it "Clutter".
Projects in production (or 'Work in Progress'), perhaps, but never Cluttered
:)

Good point. I didn't think about that when I posted. Now I'm bringing all this 'stuff' in here. There's no room for whatever I wanted to hang on the other walls.

And the book cases? Those are NOT leaving the room. Nope. I will not compromise on that. If my old 70s radio can't leave the room, then neither will the books.;)

Good point. I didn't think about that when I posted. Now I'm bringing all this 'stuff' in here. There's no room for whatever I wanted to hang on the other walls.

And the book cases? Those are NOT leaving the room. Nope. I will not compromise on that. If my old 70s radio can't leave the room, then neither will the books.;)

I had to erect a new bookshelf . . . :)

I had to erect a new bookshelf . . . :)

And then there's my slithering dragon made of clay. Looks like it's coming in/out along the wall. It appeals to my dark side. Can't decide what to do about it. In, out, or at the entrance to the room above the door? It's so troublesome to mount it's parts as intended - I don't want to break it again - oh no. Took too long waiting for it to dry last time that happened.

Just wasted my whole afternoon spinning my wheels on a computer problem that made no sense. Tried one thing after another, baby-stepping through the whole process. It turned out there was a typo in my email address.

It's a good thing I'm pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back