Story Editor Wanted. Not my first rodeo but I fall off a lot.

rjordan

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Posts
1,276
I'm looking for a story editor, not so much a copy editor. I'm hoping to find one or two editors with whom I can eventually have an ongoing writer-editor relationship. I'd also like an editor whose first language is American English, despite the fact that several of my favorite authors here are from the UK and Australia.

I've been on Lit for 13 years and posted around 20 stories. I only keep my own 10 favorite stories on my profile page. What I want to do now is step up my game, so to speak. I want an editor who can help me accomplish that. I've had enough comments to see some patterns develop where my stories are deficient, and I want to remedy that.

I was a non-fiction writer for 30 years in the automotive and motorcycle industry, writing technical materials and marketing pieces. It's a very different kind of writing for a very different kind of audience. It gave me the basic tools, and it gave me something else. I have skin like a rhino and virtually no ego when it comes to receiving writing criticism. I've dealt with every kind of client you can name, and ultimately, I did what needed to be done to get paid and get referrals.

You can view my currently posted stories at the link in my signature.

Most of my stories are Erotic Coupling or Loving Wives. They rarely run over about 7,000 words (2 Lit pages). I would prefer an editor who also favored those categories, but I'm looking for someone who can help me primarily with story structure so maybe the category isn't all the important.

I have a couple stories that I once posted here, then pulled them after a year or two for various reasons. I'd like to rewrite a few of those and repost them. Working on those should give us both an idea of whether we can work together so that's where I want to start.

If you're interested, PM me and we can go from there. I write in Open Office 4, but I can provide virtually any format.

rj
 
I can give it a go and see how it is. I read one of your stories - "Say My Name." It had a nice premise, and the point was developed well, but it sort of fell flat for me. It had such dramatic shifts in the characters without developing them, showing the change in perception and thinking each had. It was like they just accepted every action without complaint and moved on. No internal conflict where there would be.

You can PM me and we can exchange from there if you still need the help.
 
Back
Top