Speaking of Time Travel... (I've never told anyone this)

Desiremakesmeweak

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Posts
2,060
Years ago, back in the Eighties, I had this 12 inch EP record 'Valerie' by Steve Winwood.

Anyway, one day after work I went home and played it over and over and then fell asleep while it was still on.

After I woke up I tried to find this AMAZING track I had been listening to and hunted through the sleeve and on the floor and everywhere to find the insert that had these AMAZING looking women in leotards on a pic on it...

The fucking thing ended up just giving me no end of annoyance because although I played the whole record through back and front I never could find either the track I had been listening to OR the insert. I listened to 'Valerie' over and over and kept thinking WTF this is 'kind of' like what I'd heard, but not...

But even at the time I was conscious that what I had been listening to was fairly technically advanced music, the sounds, the filtering - it just was really 'futuristic.' Anyway of course I never found the track.

Years passed.

Then one day Eric Prydz comes out with 'Call On Me' that thing with all the gym-bunnies and the hot dude doing sex Pilates... Worst part about it I clearly remember it was the extended remix techno-trance version of that track that I'd originally heard - what was it - ten/twenty(?) years earlier.

This is an absolute fact and I'm pretty deep into music and have played professionally for a few years as well and I have friends in the current professional 'Big Room' DJ business - so I have a good sense of what I'd heard and I am completely satisfied this WAS the thing I heard before it was even made...(!) Which I couldn't have, or shouldn't have been able to, if 'time travel' doesn't exist; but I think it does.

In fact I'm sure it does because I've done this kind of thing many times. The thing is though, if you ask me, okay how about 'finding out' what the Stock Market will do or that kind of thing, I have a very peculiar (I even find it peculiar myself) way of holding those 'future' ideas or 'views/visions' in my mind - I'll just have them there, not really worry about them (unless, like in the case of the song I wanted to hear it again), and just take it for granted 'the thing is true' or is 'a fact that is already in existence' - and will almost assume EVERYONE ELSE already also knows it, so I won't mention it to anyone.

It's not the sort of thing that occupies my attention or much space in my mind on a daily basis. I would say it constitutes about, um, 2% at most, of my conscious brain-space.

It's just that someone recently hereabouts posted a thread about who would you think 'might' be a candidate for being a genuine time traveler if you looked at notable people in history. And it got me to thinking about my own personal experiences. But as I say, less than 2%, of my conscious memory of anything 'experienced.'

I'm starting to think I should maybe pay more attention to it! I mean it even surprises me that I could have been so sanguine about the Eric Prydz thing. I saw the 'images,' absolutely heard the whole track... Never had happened yet, though. (And it's not the only 'instance' with me).
 
Lucid dreams. Vivid, hallucinogenic, very "real", but still dreams. I have them regularly, and at one time actively cultivated dream states, but that's all they were. Dreams. Minds are extraordinary things, but I think they only go in one direction, time-wise. Dream on.
 
Nah. I got the techniques off a guy called 'Stan Deyo,' who is a well-known, I dunno, 'UFO-ologist' maybe? These days he's that kind of thing but back then he was a US Navy engineer and research scientist.

Just lettin' yer know...

: ))
 
Back
Top