The Raven (closed)

"A month... Maybe five weeks," he murmured, suddenly feeling panicked. "Y'don't really think... No' already...?" He knew the danger well, having seen Kitty have troubles when she'd carried Ashien and Kayla and Valentina when she was still fighting for her life.
 
Valentina placed a calm hand on her brother's arm, looking him in the eye as he suddenly turned so panicked about the idea that his wife might be with child.

"It's a possibility. She looks so tired all the time but it might just be from the stress of what she went through. She won't let us examine her, telling us she doesn't need it." Valentina said softly. "Boar, if she is, we will make sure that this little one comes into the world healthy. Emma will be just fine."
 
"She's already scared out o' her mind, Val. What th'hell are we gonna do if she is 'avin' another?" He asked quickly. Not that expanding their family wasn't welcome, just not so soon and definitely not after what they'd gone through.
 
"You'll love her and you'll love that baby." Valentina said simply, looking at her brother as if he were thickheaded. "I know that you're frightened after what happened last time, but you simply have to love them both."
 
"An' what if she doesn' make it this time?" Boar growled, recognizing the look in Valentina's face as one his family always gave him when they believed he was being irrational. He hated that look more than anything
 
"Then you let us love you." Valentina said as Boar gave her the look that he always did when he felt like he were being treated like a child. "We'll help you care for the boys and the new baby and we support you until you can stand on your own again."
 
"I won' be standing at all if I lose 'er... Be it t'complications 'r what she's goin' through now." Boar rose to leave her. "I'll ask 'er t'see you... But gods I 'ope it's no' true..."
 
Emma was in a secluded courtyard with the twins, watching as they playing in the sunlight. Their Uncle Durban had given them wooden swords and the two boys seemed to have the best time playing like they were their uncles. She smiled as Eli whacked Leon hard on the hand and immediately wrapped his twin up in a hug of apology.
 
Boar came walking slowly out of the keep and took a seat beside Emma. He watched the twins for a long while before reaching out to take Emma's hand in silence. He didn't want to put more worry on her mind, and he didn't want to distract her from the boys.
 
Emma smiled towards the boys as Boar sat down and took her hand. She glanced his direction momentarily, squeezing his hand before she turned back towards the twins.

"They've been playing with their swords for hours." She said softly. "I think they might take after you and your brothers after all."
 
"Em..." Boar murmured, finally turning his gaze to her. "Would you... do me a favor, love?" He really didn't know how else to go about it.
 
Emma glanced towards Boar as he spoke to her so quietly and in such a serious tone. She was afraid that he might ask something of her that she didn't want to hear. He looked nervous, agitated, slightly excited, and she wondered what had happened.

"What's that, love?" Emma asked him softly.
 
"Would y'go see Val 'r Vincenzo? Jus' fer my sake." He pressed a kiss to her hand and admitted quietly, "Val thinks y'might be pregnant..."
 
Emma took that little announcement in stride, looking at her husband as he seemed so unsure. She let out a long sigh, bringing her other hand to take his and squeezed them both tightly. Her lips were soon pressed against his, kissing him gently before she leaned her head on his broad shoulder.

"And you're worried about it." Emma said. "Lynndon, there are other things to worry about. Like where we're going to build our new home. How we're going to get enough wood before winter. If the boys are happy."
 
"Please, love. Jus' fer my own peace o' mind an' Val's." He wrapped an arm around her and let his head rest against her own. "I'm takin' care o' the house an' the lumber camp'll help us. The boys have th'whole family t'look after them."
 
Emma was silent for a long time after that, simply enjoying her husband being so near.

"Would you be upset if it were true?" She asked softly, wanting to gauge what his thoughts were on the matter.
 
"No' upset, jus'... worried," he murmured. "Worried about you most of all, after everythin' tha's happened."
 
"We can't know what will happen in the future, Lynndon." She murmured softly. "If I have a difficult pregnancy, we will just have to trust that our family will keep myself and the baby safe. You have Eli and Leon to care for. You just leave it all to me."
 
"Tha's not what marriage is about. We're partners, love. We do this together. I want you t'see Val so we know exactly what's goin' on an' we can plan for it properly."
 
"I'll go see her, Lynn." Emma said softly as the twins continued to play. "Tomorrow. Right now is time for our family. Go play with the boys. They've been waiting for you to come out for hours now."
 
"Alrigh', love," he murmured, kissing her before joining his boys. He soon had them playing in some semblance of a proper toy sword fight, teaching them how to hold the swords and stand properly even on their still-unsure legs.
 
Emma smiled as Boar tried to teach their sons how to sword fight. They paid attention for a time before they dissolved into chasing one another around the garden. Eli giggled as Leon tried to get him, hiding behind Boar for protection when Leon got too close.
 
The boys eventually got a smile out of their troubled father, especially when they teamed up and he let them knock him over. The boys were soon tuckered out and fell asleep against Boar's chest, and Boar was all to happy to let them rest there.
 
Emma smiled at the scene in front of her. Their boys were their life. They brought happiness that she never could have imagined when she was younger and she gave them back happiness in spades. She stood from the bench and pressed a kiss to Boar's cheek.

"Let's leave them with your Ma. I want to walk the loch." Emma murmured softly as she brushed back Eli's shaggy hair.
 
"As y'say, milady," Boar smiled to her and brought the boys inside. Kitty was all too glad to take them. She loved to simply sit and rock with them in her chair. Once they were settled, Boar took Emma's hand and followed her out the keep's main gate.
 
Back
Top