looking to chat

1. Have you ever met a lit-ster?
YES
If you did, how did it go?
It was interesting but did not work as we both hoped.
If you havent, would you?
Would try again
2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
I usually send PM's only when I am really interested and if she asks for PM. I do not send unsolicited ones. I still don not expect the response (been here too long to know better), but still feel disappointed...
3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?
I do not know, I do not lie...
4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.
Mostly positive. Found here long term RP relationship that unfortunately ended and I miss it...
5. Since I'm from South East Asia, have you been to this region?
YES
Yes? Please share where you've been and what you liked/disliked about it.
Been to Bangkok and Singapore. Its too hot and humid for me there, but generally, I liked the taste of different culture.
No? Well, if you could, where would you go? Why that destination?
6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.
Too many to list :)
7. tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about.
Why don't you look at my profile? I would love to chat about anything and everything. Nothing excluded, no taboos...
8. have you ever been to a lit gathering?
NO

Well for those people who don't want to deal with some of the more vocal people in group chats you look for people who have profiles that kind of match up with what your looking for. I've had far more success starting chats, not even RP, by lying and saying i'm used to chatting here. That really does make people feel more comfortable talking to you.

Makes perfect sense to be looking for people (profiles) that match up with what one is looking for.

Personally, I wouldn't have any issues chatting with someone who is new here, but once again, it depends on what one is looking for. I'm perfectly happy chatting to know the guy, so it really doesn't matter whether he's been here 1 week or 1 year. After all, its the 1st time he'll be chatting with me. At times, it's better if he is a newbie. :)

Last edited:
YES
It was interesting but did not work as we both hoped.
Would try again

Why don't you look at my profile? I would love to chat about anything and everything. Nothing excluded, no taboos...

Welcome to the thread.
Its really great that you have an open mind. Would you tell us what happened, that it did not work out?
I'll have a look at your profile soon. :)

Makes perfect sense to be looking for people (profiles) that match up with what one is looking for.

Personally, I wouldn't have any issues chatting with someone who is new here, but once again, it depends on what one is looking for. I'm perfectly happy chatting to know the guy, so it really doesn't matter whether he's been here 1 week or 1 year. After all, its the 1st time he'll be chatting with me. At times, it's better if he is a newbie. :)

I've found it interesting to chat with people on this site and not actually have an idea of what exactly i'm looking for. I find that it's just that initial greeting that is a problem sometimes. Profiles can only do so much to describe how people actually react in chat. I'm assuming you just get better at introducing yourself to someone in this environment overtime.

I've found it interesting to chat with people on this site and not actually have an idea of what exactly i'm looking for. I find that it's just that initial greeting that is a problem sometimes. Profiles can only do so much to describe how people actually react in chat. I'm assuming you just get better at introducing yourself to someone in this environment overtime.

True but a profile that has even something simple in it is better than totally no info at all. However, a few messages into it (at times, even the first one itself) is already enough to know which head is "talking".

Anyway, I'm sure you will have better chats as time goes by.

Happy 2017!

Sending happy 2017 wishes to you!

I have been away for a while but should be able to pop by here more now.

How has everyone been doing?

What I'm looking for on Lit

I've found it interesting to chat with people on this site and not actually have an idea of what exactly i'm looking for. ...

For me it's pretty clear what I'm looking for...it's conversation...getting to know other litsters...and, in particular, being able to have very intimate conversations about things in our lives that it would be very hard to discuss in real life. Total anonymity permits striking honesty and intimacy.

For what it's worth...
1. Have you ever met a lit-ster? No, not yet, but I am new here. I am not against the idea, though.
Yes. Many years ago, when I first started online chatting, I met a few ladies with whom I had chatted. Some were very enjoyable experiences, although I recall a couple that were absolute disasters.
2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
i always hope for a reply, because I only send a PM to someone who sounds interesting. But I am a guy in his mid-60s, and I recognise that there are more interesting fish in this particular sea
3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online? I tend to tell the truth - if I don't want to reply to a particular question I say so - but I suspect the two reasons for lying are that the truth is less interesting or too revealing
4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.I've very little experience thus far, so nothing much to share. However, I do find it odd that so many people have profiles with absolutely nothing on them. OK, I'm not expecting a home address and phone number, but a couple of answers might be helpful
5. Since I'm from South East Asia, have you been to this region?Sadly no, but it is on the "must do" list. I did however meet a lady from Malaysia to whom I had chatted, when she visited London. And that was lovely.
6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.I'm having a lot of fun at the moment writing a couple of stories. It's very challenging, but highly enjoyable
7. tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about.67yo English man, reasonably intelligent and well read, and I like to chat about almost anything.
8. have you ever been to a lit gathering?No

Not forgetting: do you have any thoughts/questions to ask and share?

ProngS

For me it's pretty clear what I'm looking for...it's conversation...getting to know other litsters...and, in particular, being able to have very intimate conversations about things in our lives that it would be very hard to discuss in real life. Total anonymity permits striking honesty and intimacy.

Hello there. Welcome to the thread. Are you really new to lit, or is this a new account?
Why do you find some conversations very hard to discuss in real life? What sort of conversations would those be?

ChrisLondonMan

For what it's worth...
1. Have you ever met a lit-ster? No, not yet, but I am new here. I am not against the idea, though.
Yes. Many years ago, when I first started online chatting, I met a few ladies with whom I had chatted. Some were very enjoyable experiences, although I recall a couple that were absolute disasters.
i always hope for a reply, because I only send a PM to someone who sounds interesting. But I am a guy in his mid-60s, and I recognise that there are more interesting fish in this particular sea
3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online? I tend to tell the truth - if I don't want to reply to a particular question I say so - but I suspect the two reasons for lying are that the truth is less interesting or too revealing
4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.I've very little experience thus far, so nothing much to share. However, I do find it odd that so many people have profiles with absolutely nothing on them. OK, I'm not expecting a home address and phone number, but a couple of answers might be helpful
5. Since I'm from South East Asia, have you been to this region?Sadly no, but it is on the "must do" list. I did however meet a lady from Malaysia to whom I had chatted, when she visited London. And that was lovely.
6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.I'm having a lot of fun at the moment writing a couple of stories. It's very challenging, but highly enjoyable
7. tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about.67yo English man, reasonably intelligent and well read, and I like to chat about almost anything.
8. have you ever been to a lit gathering?No

Not forgetting: do you have any thoughts/questions to ask and share?

Thank you for posting, and Welcome to the thread!

I'll pick Q1 to ask further...would you share about those experiences, both lovely and the total disasters too? Feel free to PM, if you'd rather not post.

I havent actually met in real life but we got very close. I met someone on here and we became quite close and were talking about meeting, then just before it happened he confessed to me that she was actually married and couldnt do it. So that put an end to that story.

Answering all the questions!!

For this answer, youll have to see above.

When i PM a girl, its usually someone whos profile has caught my attention for one reason or another, so it is someone i would like to chat to. So when i dont hear back (which is a lot of the time lol) its not the worst thing in the world but its more than "no biggie"

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?
Im gonna need more info hehe lol. what exactly are guys lying about? Maybe its just cuz they dont think youll ever see the real them so they can instantly become the fantasy man you always dreamed of? lol

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.
My experinece must be pretty good cuz i keep coming back haha. But some days are better than others. some chats are better than others. i like getting to know someone rather than just a one off chat and never see them again. Which can happen just due to scheduling lol. but its not very often that i get to meet someone again and a gain in here, but when i do i really enjoy it.

5. Since I'm from South East Asia, have you been to this region?
I have travelled through China. I went with a friend of mine up to Bejing and we travelled through the east coast down to HK. I liked a lot of things about it. Its very different to where i grew up. Lots of things I would never experience at home. a really rich sense of history (some of which is being destroyed by the americas. thats probably what i didnt like the most. We went to a small town in or near guilin and on the lake was a mcdonalds. the only building with really flashy lights. kind of killed the mood of the town. best view i have ever had from within a mcdonalds though lol).

6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.
Well other than the friends i meet I guess its lerninbg about myself. Im not sure im ready to post all the gory details but it encorages me to keep an open mind and try things that maybe i would be too scared to try otherwise. both online and in real life. I dont think i would have made it to a nudist beach in real life if it werent for this place.

I am a pretty simple, pretty open often goofy person. I know this is a sex site but its not usually my first port of call which can anger some people on here, they seem to think im wasting their time. But i like to chat about anything and get to know someone and see if we click. sorry if thats a little cheesy.

8. have you ever been to a lit gathering?
I have not. Honestly i didnt even know they were a thing. That would be pretty out of my comfort zone if im honest, but thats not to say i couldnt be persuaded.

I havent actually met in real life but we got very close. I met someone on here and we became quite close and were talking about meeting, then just before it happened he confessed to me that she was actually married and couldnt do it. So that put an end to that story.

Jake, welcome to the thread, and thank you for your subsequent post too. How does it feel to have done something for the first time? :D

so where was this nudist beach that you went to?

and oh...I am pretty sure that you could easily attend a lit gathering (another first?) :)

I went to a beach called Gunnison. Its close to nyc, so i could just take a ferry there and walk. I just went on my own but it was still very fun.

And tell me more about these gatherings? Have you been to one?

I went to a beach called Gunnison. Its close to nyc, so i could just take a ferry there and walk. I just went on my own but it was still very fun.

And tell me more about these gatherings? Have you been to one?

haha no, I have not been to any of such gatherings. I've heard that they used to have it previously (like a long time ago)...not sure whether thats true. I have however met a few guys from lit, usually when I traveled. I have also met a few others from another site, most recently last Christmas. Coincidentally, we both had business in another country, so we decided to meet up. It was an interesting time.

so what happened after you arrived at Gunnison? share the details! :)

Oh wow, that does sound interesting! i would certainly like to know more! lol

So when you get to the beach you have to pass through another beach, that was pretty nerve wracking to be honest. and when i finally got there and sat down. It then took me like another 10 minutes to actually follow through with it! haha but i did and it was fun. After i relexed. I went back again actually. it was a very interesting experience. lol

Oh wow, that does sound interesting! i would certainly like to know more! lol

So when you get to the beach you have to pass through another beach, that was pretty nerve wracking to be honest. and when i finally got there and sat down. It then took me like another 10 minutes to actually follow through with it! haha but i did and it was fun. After i relexed. I went back again actually. it was a very interesting experience. lol

I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience! :)

Back