What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles V Payne ‏@cvpayne 24m
Dropout Nation. 312,000 leave labor force- at the heart of America's problem -success vilified & punished while failure encouraged rewarded

The flip side, of course, is the Republican notion that the poor must be A) Shamed and B ) Punished.
 
It isn't factually accurate to suggest the poor are shamed/punished.

U-6 slightly improved for August, but that's less important than where it stands (13.7 percent).
 
Oh sweetie, i think its so cute how you and the other left wing communist mentally drfective tools think that money grows on ferry trees and obama doesnt have to worry about the laws of cash flow management

I also love the fact how you defective people feel the potus isnt the same as a CEO






And Saint Ronnie started the program because he correctly realized that phones weren't a luxury item in the 80's. Employers were going to call you at home to get in touch with you, not send you a letter, not knock on your door and not tell you to come back in a week to check in. It was a necessity.

Bush realized that cell phones were if not in the same position, they were damn close. We want the people without jobs to be out looking for jobs not sitting on their asses at home waiting for the phone to ring unable to go out and do day labor or search for jobs because that would take them away from their phones.

It was a good idea and a shame that Republicans won't take credit for their good work. This isn't a handout, it's a hand up in the truest sense of the word.
 
Dont worry about hollywood as Barbra Striesland had duel citizensship and is able to hide millions from obama taxes




Apparently, there's a price to pay for producing all of those fucking loser movies::rolleyes:

22,000 Jobs Lost in Hollywood
9:06 AM, SEP 6, 2013 • BY DANIEL HALPER

One industry badly hit last month was "the motion picture and sound recording industry," according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. From the jobs report released this morning:

Within information, the motion picture and sound recording industry lost 22,000 jobs in August, following a gain of 8,000 in July.

Other industries ("including mining and logging, construction, transportation and warehousing, financial activities, and government") were largely unchanged, according to the survey.

And while the overall employment rate dropped a fraction to 7.3 percent, the participation rate reached a low not seen in 35 years. "The participation rate, which indicates the share of working-age people in the labor force, declined to 63.2 percent, the lowest since August 1978, from 63.4 percent,"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/22000-jobs-lost-hollywood_752819.html
 
Charles V Payne ‏@cvpayne 24m
Dropout Nation. 312,000 leave labor force- at the heart of America's problem -success vilified & punished while failure encouraged rewarded


Your U-6 dropped -.3% which you think is a good thing. But you chose to ignore it.

It's probably time you accepted the labor force participation rate as a feature of our greying population. 11,000 baby boomers retiring every day times 30 days = 330,000 retirees during the month. Then when the labor force shrinks by almost that much you're outraged.

If only we'd elected President Romney then those old geezers like Vette would still have to work.
 
Last edited:
Oh and the number of Americans working part-time for economic reasons plummets -334,000 to its lowest level in over a year. Republicans pretend it didn't happen.

Discouraged workers dropped -120,000. Republicans pretend that it didn't happen.



http://bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm
 
The number of FT jobs increased +118,000.
The number of PT jobs decreased -34,000.


I thought Obamacare was supposed to be flooding us with PT job creation. How come the exact opposite happened and where are conservatives on this? They're completely silent like they never said anything at all...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top