The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT- I'm thankful that the storms passed us with nothing more than heavy rain and minor hail. Two more days of it to go then maybe a break for a while.
 
I'm just thinking about this story I read. Not sure how scientific this study was, but after examining some 200 year old human remains, they basically decided that average IQs are on the decline. This is attributed to the fact that educated people are having fewer children than educated people.

Not sure how to counteract this. Do smart people need to go out and get laid more often?
 
LT- I'm thankful that the storms passed us with nothing more than heavy rain and minor hail. Two more days of it to go then maybe a break for a while.

*scoops her up and steals her away to give his girl some tender lovings and tuck her into his bed*
 
LT~

I wish it was next Thursday already. I'll admit to being just a bit tired of driving people around at differing times of the day.

That may come back to haunt me in a couple of months from now.
 
LT - Highlander SRP?

Snickers/ Me and Asa have beat you to that one, Vail.:p:D

But seriously I'd suggest avoiding writing Duncan or Connor Macleod, given your tastes you'd probably choose that route anyway, but the fact is there's lots of Immortals out there and they don't have to be from Scotland or have crossed paths with the Macleod boys, and they all have as much a deep and rich life story as either of those two did in the movies or tv show.
 
Law of conservation of detail, blah...okay, so sometimes I ramble because I like to give the setting a bit of color, and I don't intend for it to go somewhere. I like to get things to have the right "feel."

But ya know, it's not important. I think anyone reading along is going to get the point without these little sidebars that shoot off into nowhere.

Hey, I never know what details I might like to bring up later. This is a composition as I go-there's not a detailed editing process. It's probably better to have too much information, that way if I want to include something later, I've already laid the groundwork for it in my story! Better to not start pulling stuff out of my ass later when I want those details included.

Your problem is that you also like to keep things streamlined. If it stretches out too long, you start to get the feeling that you're using quantity rather than quality. You read Robert Jordan, so you know that it's important to actually keep things moving, instead of constantly wanting to reinforce the setting and provide extraneous details. Talk about reader fatigue!

Shut up, voice in my head. Just shut up. Let me just write it and then figure out what sticks.

You're too lazy to edit that thoroughly.

Shut up.
 
And lo and behold, if you write enough, sometimes you stumble onto a justification for including it. Take THAT, annoying internal second-guesser!
 
There are not enough orgasms to alleviate this frustration level.

Thankfully though, I'll eventually fall asleep and not give a shit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top