"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincere thanks to neo, 1201, HH, Ange, tod and all who read and commented on Visiting Hour . I just want to reassure anyone who's wondering, this was not a personal poem, only sown from the experience of others. Thank you all for such kind words. :heart:

Thank you to Neonurotic, HarryHill, twelveoone, Angeline and Tristesse2, for your comments on Planted.
Often weeds, like people, are viewed as having lack of value until one chooses to look for their purpose or beauty and let them be!

Good to "see" you all again.:)

I want to thank everyone who has been making recommendations in the new poems thread. We're getting a recommendation or two most days and that is no doubt partly because so many good poems are being submitted these days, but thanks to all for making the new system work. And now no one feels forced to do it on a given day--in my book, a very good thing!

:rose:

Thanks to Angeline, 1201, erectus, tristess2 and Tazz for your comments on my poem Jam session, duality was a side effect one I considered and just left be I thought the fingering was enough to cover it especially if you consider what I was referring to with the chords I wrote. I appreciate the recommend of 1201 for the line metronome waggling, cocking the beat I had almost written that exact line before changing it. I guess I am Still as subtle as a sledge hammer at times.

Iambic Pentameter
byAshesh9©

Da dum da dum da dum da dum
Da dum da dum da dum ..........!

( for Prof 1201 , satisfied dear ???!!)
winston churchill --- if you stop to throw a stone @ every dog who barks you'll never reach your destination
My rejoinder --- the pleasure of hitting the self-pompous cur where it hurts the most makes the most tiresome delay welcome , refreshing & sweetly bearable ,!!

three in one day, at first thought it was just hash, hassa, you doin' crack, the nerve of quoting churchill from a desai, to a gandhi like soul like I, fuck the tax we go to the sea, get it for free

my response, I get the feeling you dropped the rock on your foot, because you were stoned.

Oh, yawn.

Unfortunately, GM, the typos were not intended. I compose on Word Pad; it has no spell checker. Usually the subs page catches anything I missed. thanks for reading.

An online spell checker such as spellcheckplus or jspell are free to use, so just select and copy your text from wordpad and then paste it into the spell checker. You can bookmark the page on your phone's browser app or onto your tablet, whatever you use and voila! You do have a spell check after all. :cattail:

An online spell checker such as spellcheckplus or jspell are free to use, so just select and copy your text from wordpad and then paste it into the spell checker. You can bookmark the page on your phone's browser app or onto your tablet, whatever you use and voila! You do have a spell check after all. :cattail:
just lazy and in a hurry, champers, I usually catch all the big words with bing, for spelling and intent (making sure the word I use is saying what I want to.) thanks for the info. I Do have a spell checker in word, not word pad.

To those kind enough to inquire about Ron's health it has now been established he does not have DVT! We've still to find out just what it is but at least he doesn't have to do those dreadful injections any more!

To those kind enough to inquire about Ron's health it has now been established he does not have DVT! We've still to find out just what it is but at least he doesn't have to do those dreadful injections any more!

Big hugs for you Annie! That is very good news. :kiss:

I was wondering but felt reluctant to ask. after all, you've been in such a good mood lately. glad for you and Ron. :rose:

I'm sending healing thoughts and wishes for an uncomplicated recovery for your darling. Make sure he takes his anticoagulants and follows his doctors' orders. :rose:

I had meant to just drop by and send a billet-doux to 1201 who I admire so much, but you have all been so kind as to comment on a poor POP (Pissed-Off Poem) ;)

1201--you have always seen what I have tried to do with poetry: thank you, this was my little tribute, and I am glad it pleased you.

And you too, Desejo :)

Angeline, I will always be glad to stop by your place for tea and sympathy--and maybe some jazz ;) And your little poem was a delight :)

Tess, thank you: it was lovely to have you like it so much :)

I'm surprised no-one has picked up on the ending though, but I worried it was too dense an allusion?

My humble thanks to you all x

I had meant to just drop by and send a billet-doux to 1201 who I admire so much, but you have all been so kind as to comment on a poor POP (Pissed-Off Poem) ;)

1201--you have always seen what I have tried to do with poetry: thank you, this was my little tribute, and I am glad it pleased you.

And you too, Desejo :)

Angeline, I will always be glad to stop by your place for tea and sympathy--and maybe some jazz ;) And your little poem was a delight :)

Tess, thank you: it was lovely to have you like it so much :)

I'm surprised no-one has picked up on the ending though, but I worried it was too dense an allusion?

I caught the ending and thought it was very clever. I'm a fan of the double meanings as you know! And thank you for the muse. :)

You sir, are a challenge, and if poetry does not challenge, I question if it is poetry. As what was once known as poetry can be templated and spewed from a machine.
My humble thanks to you, who I learned from.

1201, it was rather a vision of men in flash cars preying on their wives, and preying on their minds ;)

I was trying to avoid Pete Seeger's arrogant and unpleasant "Ticky-tacky", so Toy-Town became Troy-Town, where myths can still be alive and well.

Last edited:
Dear Angeline, as a Director I was described as clever once, and was never sure if it was a compliment or not ;)

Can we be muse to one another? Will our Muses get confused, pissed off, start fighting with one another and take lawyers? ;)

As a Director I was described as clever once, and was never sure if it was a compliment or not ;)

Can we be muse to one another? Will our Muses get confused, pissed off, start fighting with one another and take lawyers? ;)

I meant it as a compliment. :)

Our muses are likely one and the same--at least I think it all sorta comes from the same place. So I am guessing we would just write more poems.

You sir, are a challenge, and if poetry does not challenge, I question if it is poetry. As what was once known as poetry can be templated and spewed from a machine.
My humble thanks to you, who I learned from.

That is too much praise, but I will go on challenging if I may ;)

I meant it as a compliment. :)

Our muses are likely one and the same--at least I think it all sorta comes from the same place. So I am guessing we would just write more poems.

My muse amused yours but
came away bemused by your
evident amusement.

;) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back