New Zealand has a new government and a new prime minister

Mazel tov. Just a pity you have to rely on some nationalist yahoo for kingmaker. But maybe they're not as bad as the ones in Europe?

Winston is a gnarled older gentleman who runs rings around the media reporters (he never gives them a straight answer and enjoys poking them for sport.) :D

He's been in politics for a long time and can be incorrigible in some ways but he's no puppet and will tell you exactly what he thinks (and is verbose doing so) but for the most part he is a man of his word and has integrity.

So it's going to be an interesting few months as things sort themselves out and wait and see. :)

Winston is a gnarled older gentleman who runs rings around the media reporters (he never gives them a straight answer and enjoys poking them for sport.) :D

He's been in politics for a long time and can be incorrigible in some ways but he's no puppet and will tell you exactly what he thinks (and is verbose doing so) but for the most part he is a man of his word and has integrity.

So it's going to be an interesting few months as things sort themselves out and wait and see. :)

Couldn't agree more about Winny. I've never voted NZ First because I think he does his best work in opposition but I'm really optimistic about this new government.
Jacinda is amazing. So much grace and dignity. I think Winston and Jacinda will make a great team because if I had to list the politicians who I thought were most honest they would both be near the top.

XXOOXX

Uggg

So glad labour got in, been here 10 years, 9 years of national is enough, the government might start looking after the less well off now

Couldn't agree more about Winny. I've never voted NZ First because I think he does his best work in opposition but I'm really optimistic about this new government.
Jacinda is amazing. So much grace and dignity. I think Winston and Jacinda will make a great team because if I had to list the politicians who I thought were most honest they would both be near the top.

XXOOXX

Uggg

Welcome to the gb. :)

Jacinda is smart, articulate and has 9 years under her belt in the political arena so it will be very interesting to see how she leads. :)

So glad labour got in, been here 10 years, 9 years of national is enough, the government might start looking after the less well off now

Welcome sciwi :)

The proof will be in the pudding.

In my wife's home town, everyone has to take a turn at being mayor.

They found that it cuts down on the complaining...

Then again, it was a three dog town with one stop sign on its one somewhat paved road.

In my wife's home town, everyone has to take a turn at being mayor.

They found that it cuts down on the complaining...

Then again, it was a three dog town with one stop sign on its one somewhat paved road.
Several small USA towns solve political problems by electing dogs (sometimes horses) as their mayors. Such is a neighboring Gold Rush town, Mokelumne Hill. Their mayor may sleep and shit wherever he wishes, growl at outsiders, dig up flower gardens, and steal garbage, same as any human official. Warning: don't pet the mayor.

Back