The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be lovely, thanks!

How's your chapter coming?

Progress is slow, but slow progress is better than no progress. Got to get my characters out of the cottage and on their journey. Have you had a chance to check out my prior chapters? ;)

Feeling better?

Rolf: A large drink please; and whatever everyone else wants.
I managed to catch two large Bream this afternoon.
They were the size of dinner plates.

The new novel is complete! Holy frijolis, batman. We started that sucker in July of 2010. That's one long book.

Progress is slow, but slow progress is better than no progress. Got to get my characters out of the cottage and on their journey. Have you had a chance to check out my prior chapters? ;)

Feeling better?

The new novel is complete! Holy frijolis, batman. We started that sucker in July of 2010. That's one long book.

John, slow progress is definitely a good thing! I have not had a chance to read your prior chapters but that is high on my list of things to do. ;)

Molly, that's awesome! What an accomplishment! Congratulations!

I am feeling a teensy bit better. I did nothing all day, but the lymph nodes are still bothering me.

I'm charting my projects so I can get focused and get some serious writing done. I just got a cool idea today (though admittedly based on ideas in one of my favorite book series) that could be a really big project, if I manage to do it right.

I am feeling a teensy bit better. I did nothing all day, but the lymph nodes are still bothering me.

I'm charting my projects so I can get focused and get some serious writing done. I just got a cool idea today (though admittedly based on ideas in one of my favorite book series) that could be a really big project, if I manage to do it right.

Keep the recovery going. We're rootin' for ya. :)

Inspiration is always good, no matter where it comes from. ;)

Hey Molly, that is fantastic!
:rose::nana::rose:

Shea, it takes a few days rest to get over a viral infection, not just one. And even if the kids are quiet in the house, you're still responsible for them so you're not getting complete rest. (Like, who fed them?) Try to get some sleep and drink plenty of fluids.

Hullo Bear, John, Willie, HP.
:heart:

I am a bit :( today as Piglet and I have had to give up our trip to the Isle of Mull, so don't pay attention if I don't come and post in here as much as usual. At least I will be around for the FAWCking fun! JackLuis has tried very hard to get me to cough to which story it is I wrote, LOL. Maybe I should give him a clue; he is hopeless at guessing since he thinks two of the stories were written by people who didn't enter the competition at all!

Congrats Molly! You deserve a little celebration. :D

Hey Molly, that is fantastic!
:rose::nana::rose:

Shea, it takes a few days rest to get over a viral infection, not just one. And even if the kids are quiet in the house, you're still responsible for them so you're not getting complete rest. (Like, who fed them?) Try to get some sleep and drink plenty of fluids.

I am a bit :( today as Piglet and I have had to give up our trip to the Isle of Mull, so don't pay attention if I don't come and post in here as much as usual. At least I will be around for the FAWCking fun! JackLuis has tried very hard to get me to cough to which story it is I wrote, LOL. Maybe I should give him a clue; he is hopeless at guessing since he thinks two of the stories were written by people who didn't enter the competition at all!

Naoko, I'm sorry to hear that you had to give up your trip. :( Did something come up? *hugs*

Shea, I'm glad you are at least feeling a little better. :rose:

Hiya, Naoko. :heart:

Sorry to hear about the canceled trip. I'm sure you can find some way to make it up to piglet.

The bit about Jack is priceless! :D We'll have to remind him of this in the future. ;)

Naoko, I'm sorry to hear that you had to give up your trip. :( Did something come up? *hugs*

Well, my line manager gave me a 60 degree kicking, it's not personal, she did it to the whole team, but it was so extreme that we probably have to finally address her as a problem instead of continuing to work round her. It's quite hard as we all work from home, we can't get in a cluster round the water cooler, LOL.

And my family kept changing the travel arrangements for the trip, then my Dad appeared from Cambodia where he lives (as is his wont), and attached himself to the trip so it became less like a holiday and more like, Oh Jeez, I am going to have to deal with his stuff. (One of his more entertaining escapades was when he told my sis-in-law maybe she should've lost a bit of weight after it came out that my brother had had an affair with the nanny :eek:. And he once came back from Cambodia with two dolly birds for Christmas; I guess he thought a partridge in a pear tree was a bit old-fashioned. :rolleyes:)

Hiya, Naoko. :heart:

Sorry to hear about the canceled trip. I'm sure you can find some way to make it up to piglet.

The bit about Jack is priceless! :D We'll have to remind him of this in the future. ;)

Yeah, we will use the money I saved for the train going to the cinema and eating at MacDonalds and having anything Piglet wants. Except Powerade :rolleyes:. (I have no idea what is in that drink except that it's the kind of blue colour that should be banned under the Geneva Convention.)

I know, we must make him post his thoughts in the thread! I keep having to say, No, that person is not in the competition, while he makes wild guesses about who wrote what.

hello all!

I jus wanted to pop on and say Naoko, I am so sorry about your trip! I know you were looking forward to it. And you're right, I do need more rest, as even after lying about for a day I still don't feel that much better. I did have to feed the Kidlets multiple times! WTH!

I'm going to try to get some sleep early (for me) for once, now that the pressure of the blogpost is lifted. For now. :rolleyes:

G'night, all!

hello all!

I jus wanted to pop on and say Naoko, I am so sorry about your trip! I know you were looking forward to it. And you're right, I do need more rest, as even after lying about for a day I still don't feel that much better. I did have to feed the Kidlets multiple times! WTH!

I'm going to try to get some sleep early (for me) for once, now that the pressure of the blogpost is lifted. For now. :rolleyes:

G'night, all!

G'night, sweet pea! Get real rest. Get someone in to take the kidlets for TWO days and don't write in those days, SLEEP!
:rose:

Hey, I am going to make pancakes! Anyone up for a pancake? (I will do the low fat ones for HP.)

Yeah, we will use the money I saved for the train going to the cinema and eating at MacDonalds and having anything Piglet wants. Except Powerade :rolleyes:. (I have no idea what is in that drink except that it's the kind of blue colour that should be banned under the Geneva Convention.)

I know, we must make him post his thoughts in the thread! I keep having to say, No, that person is not in the competition, while he makes wild guesses about who wrote what.

Oh my God.

You go to MacDonalds. Has the evil bastard son of American capitalism become so widespread?

:p

Of course it has. *sigh*

Anyway, Powerade isn't all that bad, but there's no substitute for filtered water or fresh fruit juice.

G'night, all!

Rest yourself. Come back when you're ready. ;)

Hey, I am going to make pancakes! Anyone up for a pancake? (I will do the low fat ones for HP.)

I'll take mine extra thick and cooked in pure bacon grease, thank you. :p

According to my doctor, my blood pressure and cholesterol levels are well within the norm. Not only that, but apparently, I'm actually only about thirty-one years old! :p

(how they figure biological age, frankly, is beyond me, but it seems to be the fad amongst doctors around here)

Oh my God.

You go to MacDonalds. Has the evil bastard son of American capitalism become so widespread?

Of course it has. *sigh*

Anyway, Powerade isn't all that bad, but there's no substitute for filtered water or fresh fruit juice.

Rest yourself. Come back when you're ready. ;)

I'll take mine extra thick and cooked in pure bacon grease, thank you. :p

According to my doctor, my blood pressure and cholesterol levels are well within the norm. Not only that, but apparently, I'm actually only about thirty-one years old! :p

(how they figure biological age, frankly, is beyond me, but it seems to be the fad amongst doctors around here)

I told Piglet there was lots healthier food in Japan the other day, and even she said, "What, do they not have Macdonalds?" I was obliged to admit that everywhere has Macdonalds. There's probably one being planned for the South Pole.

Hey, only thirty-one! Actually, the way you carry on and the stamina you'd need for it, I'd assumed you were a lot younger. ;) All that exercise must be doing you good *whistles innocently*.

I told Piglet there was lots healthier food in Japan the other day, and even she said, "What, do they not have Macdonalds?" I was obliged to admit that everywhere has Macdonalds. There's probably one being planned for the South Pole.

Hey, only thirty-one! Actually, the way you carry on and the stamina you'd need for it, I'd assumed you were a lot younger. ;) All that exercise must be doing you good *whistles innocently*.

It'll catch up to me, I'm sure. I'm going to age gracefully as long as I can, even if it means plucking the stray grey hair from my chest and, uh . . . other places :p

As far as MacDonald's and other fast-food chains . . . I remember going on vacation to Hawaii. The MacDonald's there feature grilled mahi-mahi sandwiches as opposed to the Big Mac (which, of course, is always available).

That reminds me of a recent eye-opening experience I had in one of the business classes I took. Apparently, Domino's Pizza, while languishing amid lackluster approval here in the states, is a big seller in Hong Kong. Their most popular pizza? Squid and mayonnaise. :eek:

Yes please.
I got weighed the other day and discovered I have GAINED a pound since last week (< Booh - Chizz chizz>). I wouldn't mind much if I'd 'enjoyed something special'. :(

Willie: check this out for biological age (No - I'm not convinced, either).

And now for a coffee. . . .

Yes please.
I got weighed the other day and discovered I have GAINED a pound since last week (< Booh - Chizz chizz>). I wouldn't mind much if I'd 'enjoyed something special'. :(

Willie: check this out for biological age (No - I'm not convinced, either).

And now for a coffee. . . .

Interesting set of questions, but it did not ask what my chronological age was and told me, in glowing terms, that I've knocked of 14 years. So, by that measure, I would be 27. :p

Hmm. Yeah, nice to consider, but hardly likely. I'll stick with my doc's assessment. I'm 41 in a 31-year-old's body. Sounds good to me. ;)

Interesting set of questions, but it did not ask what my chronological age was and told me, in glowing terms, that I've knocked of 14 years. So, by that measure, I would be 27. :p

Hmm. Yeah, nice to consider, but hardly likely. I'll stick with my doc's assessment. I'm 41 in a 31-year-old's body. Sounds good to me. ;)

Somewhat to my surprise, I've knocked off 5 years.

I see that Vajazzling is now passée. The very latest thing is the 'Twatoo'
See here: http://gawker.com/5588325/meet-your-new-vagina-decorating-trend-twattoos

Last edited:
Gah! Overslept again. Guess that's what I get for the extra drinks last night. Rolf, a big pot of coffee if you wouldn't mind.

I've had that problem. I couldn't get two characters out of their hotel room, no matter how I tried, so I just let them spend time playing in bed and the shower.

Oh my God.

Of course it has. *sigh*
Oh, it's even worse. I was exploring the beaches of Normandy with the fella when we came across a particular advertisement. He pointed to it and said, "That's the real invasion."

It was for "Club Mickey."

Oh, seconded!

I've had that problem. I couldn't get two characters out of their hotel room, no matter how I tried, so I just let them spend time playing in bed and the shower.

Oh, it's even worse. I was exploring the beaches of Normandy with the fella when we came across a particular advertisement. He pointed to it and said, "That's the real invasion."

It was for "Club Mickey."

Oh, seconded!

Had to stay playing in bed? Those poor characters. :devil:

I know! Poor things, having to stay in bed. I'd had plans for them, but they just wouldn't leave the hotel.

Fortunately, I did get them to leave, though I had to compromise with them by writing an extra chapter. ;)

I know! Poor things, having to stay in bed. I'd had plans for them, but they just wouldn't leave the hotel.

Fortunately, I did get them to leave, though I had to compromise with them by writing an extra chapter. ;)

Gosh, I really feel with, er, for them. :p

Ugh, my hayfever has finally kicked in. I always hope I'm going to get over it, so I put off getting my nasal spray but I guess I'll have to go down the doc's tomorrow and pick up the prescription. Strange how it coincided, not with a rise in pollen levels, but with my family being weird : ooooerweirdnessemoticon:.

Piglet has remembered that she wanted to go to cub camp this weekend! :nana: and they have a spare place :nana::nana:. This is doubly good as otherwise I would have had to explain to the alcoholic mum of her friend why I would not be allowing her to go to the friend's house for her birthday party. (Mum got rocketed last year, kid locked herself in the wardrobe and Piglet and another piglet had to spend the party trying to persuade her to come out :eek: - but I only found this out recently, as I am too 'nice' for the other mums to dare tell me these things :rolleyes:.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back