Catch a Woman's Attention

I find those words to be sad. How many women really are not comfortable in their own skin? How many women don't feel empowered? I have no clue.

I am who I am and I am damned proud of it. :D

I'm glad you are! That's great!

I'm also super glad you had photos taken with your cat, it sounds like fun. We all have our own reasons for getting portraits done. I hope more people continue to do so. In our age of technology, we will only be remembered by our selfies. (I personally, don't take any of myself...)

It's not about finding women who are "stuck on themselves" but rather women who are PROUD of who they are. Why do you have to be "STUCK ON YOURSELF" if you pose for pretty pictures in lingerie (or less?). To spend money on killer shoes or on acting out a part of who you are in a safe environment...?

But you're right. You probably wouldn't be the ideal client for me Jada and that's totally ok! Not everyone is, and I'm completely comfortable with that. What I'm trying to do is figure out how to reach out to the women who ARE. Who DO need that safe space to explore who they are after all the changes of life... The women who need to find strength in their own nature. Because whether you like to believe it or not, there STILL is a fairly strong current of "you should always act like a lady" in our culture. Think of recent issues with breast feeding (my kids are JUST getting out of that phase and it's been a BITCH on my wife). Sitting in a restaurant, my youngest very politely asks for a "boodle" and the people across from us get up to leave. WTF?! My wife didn't whip her breast out. She slipped up her shirt just enough to allow for my baby to feed.

There are SO many messages in our culture that suggest women are victims and weak. And that's the FURTHEST from the truth! Hell, turn on the news and how many crime tv shows suggest women are to blame for rapes because of how they dressed or acted or... whatever! It's all bullshit. And I for one am sick of it. I decided I could fight by either going after men with a bat OR work on strengthening the women in my community. I've always been one to fault on the side of love rather than violence.

But I have to ask, why the animosity? I've felt it from a great many people so far. Is it SO far fetched that maybe, just MAYBE I truly am trying to have a positive influence on the world around me??
 
And before anyone keeps thinking I'm talking about shooting porn or whatever... here is a shot from my last session. A woman who had been viciously attacked by a dog and had always felt "less than" because of her scars. It was an amazing experience to be able to give her this. And I'm incredibly honored by the fact that she was willing to let me share these images!
 

Attachments

  • Miss N-1.jpg
    Miss N-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 0
Marketing and Sales

I worked as Marketing and Sales manager for up to 8 of the best photographers in their genres' in the SE US for almost 10 years. If I had contacted potential clients using the descriptive terms you have used for yourself, my career would have lasted till lunch on the first day.
 
I worked as Marketing and Sales manager for up to 8 of the best photographers in their genres' in the SE US for almost 10 years. If I had contacted potential clients using the descriptive terms you have used for yourself, my career would have lasted till lunch on the first day.

Wow, you have such an amazing experience! I’d love to pick your brain or get some advice about what to do INSTEAD. That’s my point of this post... tell me WHAT I’m doing wrong and how do I do it better? Sales and marketing is my weakness.
 
STOP. I'm not saying generally, there is a VERY specific question here, please forgive the blanket title to catch you attention. Before I fully ask the question, let me give some information.

I am a boudoir photographer and a part of my job is appealing to women. I offer my services to a very selected demographic. In fact, I can figure out WHO is and who isn't my client with one question. "Why do you want a boudoir session?" If the answer is for anyone BUT herself... I'm not interested.

I have very specific criteria that I want to have met in order to ensure that my services will be most appreciated.

1. I'm NOT going to try to sell her. If she doesn't WANT boudoir photography... I'm not going to peddle it to her.

2. I'm not shooting generic glamour. I shoot a VERY artistic and elegant type of boudoir, I don't hold anything against the McBoudoir shops BUT to me boudoir is an intimate and personal experience. My ideal work has a definite sexual undertone. It IS, afterall, all about finding strength in the feminine sensuality and sexuality... OWNING your nature.

3. It's NOT price based. Yes, I'm expensive. But I'm up front that it costs between $1,000 and $3,000 for everything all included. I don't want to hem and haw about price, I'm not trying to capture the value shoppers.

Ok so... I am trying to find the best way to reach the women who will most WANT my photography. I know they exist... I catch one every once and a while. BUT I want to increase the funnel and catch the RIGHT kind of attention.

Knowing MOST of you are NOT in my immediate are, know that this is NOT a sales thing. I'm doing research. Trying to find out more about women overall... you ARE my ideal customers! Yes, I'm married and I know every woman is different BUT I grew up on Lit and know there are quite a few more open sexually women here. I'd LOVE to get your input and a hint on how to better attract women like you so I can knock the boudoir experience OUT OF THE PARK!

Thank you! If you read through this WHOLE thing... you're amazing. I love you forever!!

By the looks of it, Literotica hasn't exactly turned out to be the best place to garner research on your ideal client. Haha!

As someone with a marketing background, I was able to read your initial query without taking offense. However, I think you have discovered that when it comes to women, especial women on a sex site, you run the gamut of getting all the types of responses to your question.

Ironically, neither you or those who have interpreted your intentions as 'creepy' are wrong. Perception is everything in marketing, and if you hope to find the ideal client for your business, it's imperative that your words and message align and resonate with the woman you seek. Therefore, you owe it to yourself to figure out who she is without a shadow of a doubt and hone your message so that it doesn't read as 'creepy' to her.

Being as you have encountered your ideal client before, I'd recommend that you interview her and base your marketing persona on her. PERIOD. If you plan to get feedback here, you'd first need to ascertain if your ideal client would even be an active participant on a sex site. Not all confident women (sexual or otherwise) are on sex sites.

Just because you are (and have been on Lit for years) doesn't mean that your ideal client would be or has been. This is why you are getting so much guff from women here.

You're at cross purposes when you say 'I'm researching ways to attract my ideal client', yet you are on a sex site that you've admittedly used—for years—as a form of personal sexual expression/gratification. Even if your claims of professionalism are legit (which I'm sure they are), making a point to declare your extensive Lit usage invalidates your credibility...and well, comes off as creepy.

I recommend some form of an inbound marketing strategy to achieve your goal. If you consistently provide relevant information and solutions to challenges experienced by your ideal client...she's likely to find you—as was the case with your original 'ideal' customer. Still, you are going to have to be a lot more clear on who that woman is. Sex is not the primary motivation of the woman you described. Yet, for most of the women who are active here, sex is the primary motive for being here. It is a sex site, after all.

Once you know what really motivates your 'ideal client', you'll need to look for her on the sites/forums where she's most likely to be found. From what you've mentioned, that woman isn't likely to be on Lit—as she doesn't equate the need for boudoir pics as an expression of her sexuality.

SHE takes boudoir pics for herself, to commemorate personal power experienced during specific milestones in life common to a wide-range of women. Most of the women on Lit are here specifically for sexual expression/gratification in relation to others, so you aren't likely to find what you are looking for here .

Best of luck in your endeavor.
 
Back
Top