The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listen to music or a podcast while getting ready often, but sometimes I will just be with my thoughts. There have been plenty of times I've worked out issues I've had with a story. I've had some of my best ideas in the shower or bath.

My problem mainly is that I can't really shut my brain off, and I get tired of the flow of random thoughts.

It's also why it bugs me sometimes when people will ask me what I'm thinking, because there's always an answer they're hoping for, and it's rarely going to be what they get from me. I've said before that I'm just as likely to be thinking about elk in Montana as I am about something going on right then.

I don't think it'd ADD or something like that, I can focus when I need to or when there's something specific to focus on, but.. in the shower, washing dishes, cooking, doing yard work, any of those types of things, I often have headphones on or just music playing because I'd rather let my mind be occupied with that than with elk in Montana. It's also why I fall asleep watching something, because my mind will not shut off if I don't. All those things that say your room should be dark and quiet in order to sleep make me laugh. I would take forever to fall asleep that way.

Though I will say that I don't have any real way to listen to anything in the shower here, and it's where I've come up with a lot of the ideas for my Odyssey thread.

*blinks* Apparently I should write a book about this. Other than the one I just did, I mean.

My problem mainly is that I can't really shut my brain off, and I get tired of the flow of random thoughts.

It's also why it bugs me sometimes when people will ask me what I'm thinking, because there's always an answer they're hoping for, and it's rarely going to be what they get from me. I've said before that I'm just as likely to be thinking about elk in Montana as I am about something going on right then.

I don't think it'd ADD or something like that, I can focus when I need to or when there's something specific to focus on, but.. in the shower, washing dishes, cooking, doing yard work, any of those types of things, I often have headphones on or just music playing because I'd rather let my mind be occupied with that than with elk in Montana. It's also why I fall asleep watching something, because my mind will not shut off if I don't. All those things that say your room should be dark and quiet in order to sleep make me laugh. I would take forever to fall asleep that way.

Though I will say that I don't have any real way to listen to anything in the shower here, and it's where I've come up with a lot of the ideas for my Odyssey thread.

*blinks* Apparently I should write a book about this. Other than the one I just did, I mean.

Seeeeeee a quiet shower has helped you too! :)

I do know what you mean. I can very rarely fall asleep in a dark, quiet room. I need a TV or music on otherwise I focus on my thoughts or the noise of the freeway/street outside. I listen to podcasts while I work because sometimes I need to turn off my wandering thoughts by listening to others ramble in order for me to focus on my job. Music helps too. It all depends on my mood. I often need more than one thing going on. And no, I don't have ADD. I can sit still... well, sort of I'm usually wiggling a foot or bouncing a leg.

Seeeeeee a quiet shower has helped you too! :)

I do know what you mean. I can very rarely fall asleep in a dark, quiet room. I need a TV or music on otherwise I focus on my thoughts or the noise of the freeway/street outside. I listen to podcasts while I work because sometimes I need to turn off my wandering thoughts by listening to others ramble in order for me to focus on my job. Music helps too. It all depends on my mood. I often need more than one thing going on. And no, I don't have ADD. I can sit still... well, sort of I'm usually wiggling a foot or bouncing a leg.

Yeah, I definitely do the leg bouncing thing, too.

Maybe if we give them enough time they'll come up with a name for this. We could be the new Restless Leg Syndrome!

Yeah, I definitely do the leg bouncing thing, too.

Maybe if we give them enough time they'll come up with a name for this. We could be the new Restless Leg Syndrome!

Oh man... restless leg syndrome... I get that once in a while usually when I'm super tired. It's a little annoying. Though I have to admit that I laughed the first time I saw a commercial for it.

Oh man... restless leg syndrome... I get that once in a while usually when I'm super tired. It's a little annoying. Though I have to admit that I laughed the first time I saw a commercial for it.

I'm sure there are people that actually suffer with it and it's incredibly annoying... but it does sound like something they just made up. Like Can't-Sit-Still-itis or something. Yawnoplasty.

I'm sure there are people that actually suffer with it and it's incredibly annoying... but it does sound like something they just made up. Like Can't-Sit-Still-itis or something. Yawnoplasty.

Oh no, I'm certain it's a real problem. I feel for those people.

That I could take Daddy and scamper off to some remote deserted island that had all the essential amenities needed for sleep and survival.

Was hoping I'd feel better today, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least I don't have to be at work.

Hello, comfy bed.

Oh sure. Rub it in.

Sorry you're ill. *hugs*

*hugs back with an extra squeeze* Sorry you're not enjoying your usual day off. And hey... at least it's a day I don't have to take off work or be at work feeling like this.

*hugs back with an extra squeeze* Sorry you're not enjoying your usual day off. And hey... at least it's a day I don't have to take off work or be at work feeling like this.

I'll survive. I think I'd rather be sick if it meant I could stay home.

I'll survive. I think I'd rather be sick if it meant I could stay home.

As crazy or silly as that sounds I've wished to be sick just for an excuse to stay home. Of course, whenever that has happened I've regretted the wish. :rolleyes:

Treadmill done.

Bread's baking.

Laundry's in the dryer.

Cookies are going to have to wait until I get some sleep and the recipe doesn't looked blurred when I try to read it.

Think I'll go curl up for a bit.

Maybe get in a nap? Ha. Wishful thinking.

Now if only I could figure out why Tera, when d/ling the patches on brother's computer keeps telling me failure to read or failure to find a reliable source. Talk about headaches. Oy.

Note to self: Beat him anyway. He's been running his comp without virus protection. Thought I taught him better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back