20 Questions: A Confessional Poetry Challenge

My parents chose Richard for me, which I generally go by. Rich in one setting, Richard everywhere else. Never was Rick. My MS advisor used Dick, which I don't care for. Never could get him to change. Other than that, he was fine.

I am feeling ya. I detested being called Shelly and could have cheerfully assassinated all the Beatles for Michelle. I HATE THAT SONG. I gotta say though, the Dick thing has got to get you down. People keep calling me violet instead or vee-o-let, which is how my name is pronounced. I am trying to get it to catch on with my nickname, Vee.

Just be grateful your surname isn't Head :)

Hand to my heart, I had a cousin called Dick Rose (get it?).

I am feeling ya. I detested being called Shelly and could have cheerfully assassinated all the Beatles for Michelle. I HATE THAT SONG. I gotta say though, the Dick thing has got to get you down. People keep calling me violet instead or vee-o-let, which is how my name is pronounced. I am trying to get it to catch on with my nickname, Vee.

Hand to my heart, I had a cousin called Dick Rose (get it?).

Well I used to work with a guy called Bll Shitler one name I would have changed pretty quick! and I once knew a lady whose name couldnt be in the telephone directory because it was of german origin I think and was the F word with two 'U's but with two dots over the 'U's

Question #17: Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?

avian avoidance
birds suddenly appear
only to crap on me

that's supposed to be lucky not quite sure why though lol

Fuck lucky. I think it's a challenge. I think they might be out to get me! Or at least start a fight :) I was having a crap day yesterday and the day things crapped on my pushbike seat and they the local magpies tried to have a go. (In Aussie, in spring, male magpies get agressive and try to prove their manhood by swooping, dive bombing and pecking passersby.) Only thing I got out of it was a funny haiku.

Question #18 Tell me, why did you lie?

raw wound
a bandage
to sooth the pain

Question #16: What happened to 16?

lovers!
by moonlight, gasp,
and loving flowers sing,
we collapse in joyous moments,
lovers...

Question #19: If you could have dinner with any 1-3 people (living or not) who would you invite?

perplexing question
so many to choose
why so few to pick?

Question #20:What is your worst fear? Phobia? Nighmare?

empty
empty bed empty house
empty life

Even though I just noticed this, ^ you stole my phobia. Now comes the challenge of putting it in different words

Back