ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big damn fun?

So I am thinking of a few ideas. I would love to get some rp going again after a horribly long hiatus.

So if you are interested in any of the following please let me know.

Firefly (Pre-Serenity) - I can play Inara or Zoe or both if need be. Prefer full group rp.

Castle - I can play Beckett, open to a one on one with Rick or a group thread with other police and characters.


Select Comic Characters and settings -
Original Teen Titans (Updated or classic time frame) Usually play Donna Troy
X-Men - circa 80's-90's early 2000's Rogue, Mystique, Emma Frost
Spider-Man - PRE-brand new day Mary Jane Watson.
WildC.A.T.S. - Zealot
Sin City revisited- Wendy
Superman/JLA - Lois Lane, Dinah Lance(Queen)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Existing Mina Murray or new generation dependent on time frame.

Other genres/themes of interest: period pieces(Jane Austen and the like), mystery(Thin Man), horror, sci-fi (Doctor Who, Middleman)

If any of these strike your fancy please send me a message.

Thank you!
 
Just to share I figure I would.

In 2011 a spin off of Avatar the Last Air Bender is scheduled to come out. It is to focus on the avatar after Aang.
 
A StarCraft RP would be fun. Don't want to run it, but it would be amusing.
 
Alright, had this idea in my head for quite some time, so I would like to give it another shot.

A hero and heroine, both famous for their individual acts, are called upon by a church to combat an ancient evil that has emerged once more.

I would naturally play the hero, and the looks of the heroine are completely up to whomever rp's her. As for what form the ancient evil takes, and what is necessary to defeat it, I am more than willing to go back and forth with my partner, to decide how we want to go about it.

I am looking for a creative female writer to role-play the heroine, we can discuss mannerisms of each, and how they feel/react to each other.

Pm me please, and we'll go from there.
 
Jedi ORP

I'm thinking of starting a story about a young woman who has been hidden from everyone but suddenly, her mentor dies. So now she's alone and being hunted by the Sith and the Jedi. Both are trying to get to her before the other so they can teach her good (Jedi) or turn her (Sith).

Let me know via PM.

Thanks.
 
To those of you that know me or TumbleUpStiars. Yesterday I proposed. She said yes. I am very much happy. :cattail:
 
I'm looking to start some RP based on a World of Darkness setting, possibly Werewolf: the Forsaken. Either one other person (male, preferrably) involved, or if I get enough PMs then we could try a pack.

Anyone interested? PM if you want.
 
Holy crap vix, I thought I thanked you already. I am sorry.

Thank you for the happy wishes. :cattail:
 
Holy crap vix, I thought I thanked you already. I am sorry.

Thank you for the happy wishes. :cattail:

No problem.

If you could make the cold and rain go away we'd be square... okay, that's kind of difficult. We're cool anyway.
 
Congrats AB, were just engaged and it seems like finances may keep us that way longer then we like.

As for you vix, I'll try hooking a clapper onto the rain cloud. In a couple hours try clapping.
 
Congrats AB!

Cats- it didn't work. In fact, it got colder and rainier.

At least I'm up to date on my active threads though.
 
wedding the 11th

christmas (which we did early since the midgets are at their other parents)
close on the house we are buying the 28th
move the 29th


me & my wife are insane.
 
Looking for a good writer

I'm looking for someone to play Supergirl in my game. PM me if you're interested.
 
New Group Thread--Victorian Steampunk

I've been working on an idea for a Victorian Steampunk thread. It takes place in London at the time of the White Chapel murders. I am imagining a world like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the recent Sherlock Holmes movie, and the flashbacks in the TV show Sanctuary... Wikipedia is your friend for researching aspects of the Victorian era. I don't expect people to be perfect, but please make an effort. If someone other than a transplanted Cowboy from America says, 'dude,' I shall be forced to smack them hard with my reticule.

Characters can be literary figures, historical figures or someone you have made up or adapted (ie, the Invisible Man doesn't have to follow the plot of the book, just use it as a jumping off point).

I have a plot in mind that involves vampires, and they won't be coming into the plot until later.

Magic works in this world, but it's the kind of magic that takes much study, lots of magical components and time to cast, like drawing circles and writing scrolls in arcane languages. There are some creatures who are inherently magical, and also some humans have 'wild magic' which isn't strong, but they can cast little spells quickly, or have abilities like speaking with ghosts or having visions.

The basic plot: The human inhabitants of London have no idea of the supernatural goings on around them. The powers that be are working hard to keep that hush-hush. To that end, a secret organization (that needs a name) has sprung up to protect the blissfully ignorant. The thread will start with the organization being brought in to hep with the recent (Jack the Ripper) murders in White Chapel.

So...let me know if you are interested in joining something like this. I'm posting this here because I am sure that while sex may happen between some (many?) of the chars, that will be secondary to the plot. Some chars will not have to post that often, so if you want to join but have time constraints, I can work with that. I also expect we'll need a discussion thread so we don't clutter the plot with too many asides, but we'll see.

I will begin the actual thread once I get some players. I am so excited about this. My main char and leader of the group is itching to save London from this latest horror and to meet the many handsome and talented gentlemen who will be joining her. I'm a seasoned RPer and SRPer. I have also run a few multiplayer threads (although not on Lit).
 
Might be a bit late in posting, but Congrats Cats, and Tumble!

and Congrats AB!
 
I'd really like to play in a superhero ORP. ANyone else? I do prefer to play with girls (which, really, if there's sex, its a requirement given who I am), but if its a group, I'm happy with mixed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, I'm looking to do a Shadowrun 4th Edition ORP. Its not SRP because too much sex would get in the way of plot, not to mention runs, but this is literotica after all, and so sex should be expected. Its just not the central thrust (ahem) of the RP. I'm looking for at least three and as many as eight players, to form a runner team based out of Seattle, though other locations are likely. This is Shadowrun, where Bad Things Happen, so I'm not too set in stone about the plot. I have a series of plot arcs in my head, but I fully anticipate that the players will probably wreck them with gleeful abandon, and create their own story, and I am 100% ok with that.

As this is an ORP, I'm not expecting full dice rolls, but the 4E chargen system offers a good basis from which to write, even if the numbers become somewhat irrelevant. In the same vein, players won't have to worry about a bad roll killing their players. That's not fun for anyone. If I have any takers, please, shoot me a PM. If I get any interest, I'll put the OOC thread up soonest. Anyone who wants to get in on this but lacks books or familiarity with 4th Ed, feel free to PM me anyway, I can help you out and if you have interest, we won't let a little thing like rulebooking get in the way.

I'm new to the boards, so you're going to have to take whether I can adequately facilitate this on trust.

Vail_Indigo, I'm up for a superhero ORP. I'd suggest white wolf's Aberrant as the base system if you can find it, because its easier to understand than most, and its pretty free-form.
 
Hey everyone, I'm looking to do a Shadowrun 4th Edition ORP. Its not SRP because too much sex would get in the way of plot, not to mention runs, but this is literotica after all, and so sex should be expected. Its just not the central thrust (ahem) of the RP. I'm looking for at least three and as many as eight players, to form a runner team based out of Seattle, though other locations are likely. This is Shadowrun, where Bad Things Happen, so I'm not too set in stone about the plot. I have a series of plot arcs in my head, but I fully anticipate that the players will probably wreck them with gleeful abandon, and create their own story, and I am 100% ok with that.

As this is an ORP, I'm not expecting full dice rolls, but the 4E chargen system offers a good basis from which to write, even if the numbers become somewhat irrelevant. In the same vein, players won't have to worry about a bad roll killing their players. That's not fun for anyone. If I have any takers, please, shoot me a PM. If I get any interest, I'll put the OOC thread up soonest. Anyone who wants to get in on this but lacks books or familiarity with 4th Ed, feel free to PM me anyway, I can help you out and if you have interest, we won't let a little thing like rulebooking get in the way.

I'm new to the boards, so you're going to have to take whether I can adequately facilitate this on trust.

Vail_Indigo, I'm up for a superhero ORP. I'd suggest white wolf's Aberrant as the base system if you can find it, because its easier to understand than most, and its pretty free-form.


Hey Renata, I wasn't going to use a rule system. I don't tend towards RPs in that way, its more of a collaborative writing (or, as Ahren accurately puts it, improv theater)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top