The Order of the Glaive

milkmaiden38

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Posts
4,766
The Order of the Glaive​
OOC:

“The Order of the Glaive” is a prestigeous adventurer’s guild in the city state of Cartha. While not the highest tier of guilds in the city, it is still however very respectable and well known through the lands.

The guild is filled with all types of adventurers: Fighters, Mages, Clerics, Rogues … all looking for coin … The guild is looking to fill a few empty slots with a new recruiting class. Is your character ready to past the entrance tests?

IC:

The smell of unwashed bodies permeates the air and invades her nose but it was the floor that really bothered her, unclean, dirty and dusty. It was not like the rugs and polished marble she was use to back in the castle she had lived in. Even the wizard’s school which had stone floors had been cleaned daily. This place had not been cleaned in days more likely weeks! She looked up from the floor and around the room. Eyes stared at her assessing her. Some were bright with the hot blooded male lust. Some were full of greed looking at her expensive, fancy clothing. She could see it written across their faces as they sat and polished their weapons or enjoyed a smoke.

Behind the table was a stocky dwarf, his broad shoulders covered in the Guild’s colored olive green tunic. A large, paunchy gut hung over his belt, but his arms were huge and powerful. His face, pockmarked and there was a scare along one cheek. The dwarf continued to smoke … waiting. He did slightly raise an eyebrow when he looked at her. She thought his face was saying “expensive … nice gem … and finally …a bit overdressed don’t you think?”

The beautiful young mage glanced down at her outfit. She was obviously overdressed. But how was she to know how to dress for such an occasion, like applying for a guild job. This was the first time she had needed to apply for a job. In the castle everyone took care of her and at the wizard’s school her parents had paid for everything. Well, until she had made a terrible mistake. But she was not going to think about that. She pushed back her long brunette hair exposing her friendly and almost prefect face. She had been called statuesque by her friends. The thought gave her self-confidence and she held her shoulders back, proudly. This action made her green and gold mage’s robe stretch across her massive chest, the large green emerald of her necklace hanging just above her startling deep cleavage. The black with gold threads tie on the robes showed her slender waist and her womanly hips. Her long legs were covered by the robe, but her ankle high slippers with the gold trim could be seen by the greedy creatures watching her.

http://galleries.adult-empire.com/99/9961//013h/1.jpg

Then the door to the room opened again and a centaur trotted in. This made the room seem even smaller. The creature had a bow and quiver of arrows on his human back and storage bags on his horse back. The way he needed to position himself in the small room, it just so happened, his horse’s rump was right in front of her face.

This was the check-in room for the guild. Where the people applying to the guild came and waited.
 
Glenias Silverleaf

Glenias Silverleaf an Elf from the Larkspur region of the great Forest realm, only 200 years of age a young man according to Elven standards. He stood a rangy 6'4'' with lean well defined musculature, his countenance almost feminine except for a noble nose and jaw. Fair complexion, ice blue eyes, platinum blonde hair that flowed well past his shoulders. clad in the green of a Ranger with hooded cloak, armed with an Elven Longbow and willow leaf long sword, traveling bag of dun leather with elven runes over his shoulder.

Banished by the elders for not being able to save his twin sister Glenora, from a dark Mage of great power he nor his twins combined abilities were not enough. With the words better you should have perished than your sister ringing in his ears the rest of his days. It would not have broken his heart if it had been anyone other than his beloved mother. A human Ranger Anis who was his only friend outside the Elven children he grew up with, knew of his plight and took Glenias in to be trained as a Ranger.

Rising quickly through the ranks to reach that of the elite Rangers, Randor wanted this position resented him so much he drugged the young elf. Killing Anis with Glenias very own sword, Randor later swearing on his life he saw the murder. Regaining consciousness overhearing the false claims against him, managed to slip away unnoticed eluding those he surpassed in evasion tactics.

After months of traveling he reaches the City of Cartha, upon entering the gates he heads in a round about way to the Order of the Glaive. Slipping silently into the Tavern so he can speak to someone of joining the Guild, after he steps forward seeing a voluptuous woman speaking with a powerfully built Dwarf.
 
Last edited:
Adnil

Adnil studied the people waiting. 3 humans, a lionman, a centaur and herself. The humans looked to be fighters or maybe thieves, or assassins. But from the way they were looking at her, she thought they were also rapists. The lionman was looking down picking at his clawed hands, almost like he was cleaning out dried blood. He was a fighter no doubt about that. He seemed to like her clothing as much as her appearance. She had no idea what the Centaur was all about … except he had an annoying tail that kept flicking into her face.

Then the door opened again and an elf walked in. He was cleaner than the others, Fair complexion, ice blue eyes, platinum blonde hair clad in a green cloak.

“Ranger” she thought. She had never interacted with the other races too much. So the centaur, lionman, and elf were fascinating to her. The elf looked down at her with his bright blue eyes. He was nice looking with a handsome face. She could be interested in him, but that was how she got in this mess in the first place. She looked away and turned up her nose. She hoped her body language gave him the right message. “Not interested!”

The dwarf began to talk.

“Welcome all to The Order of the Glaive guild, the finest guild in the city!” The dwarf stated proudly.

Adnil had to say something “Pradon me … Master Dwarf … but technically … this is a mid-level guild … it is clearly not the finest” She stated confidently.

The dwarf face had a look on it as if to say “who brought this idiot into my waiting room!”

He cleared his voice … and said back to Adnil “Thank you for your opinion … now keep the rest of them to yourself!” the dwarf grumbled getting pissed off. “Please call out when I say your name.”

“Merserr” He said “Here” the lionman answered looking up from his clawed hand.

“Grag Trannyth” He said “Here” said one of the humans

“Nero Forgedawn” He said “Here” said the other human

“Taramalar” He said, “Here” said the centaur as he flipped his tail. Unfortunately, his tail slapped the young mage in the face.

“Adnil Hollythyran” He said. Adnil was a bit mad about “Thank you for your opinion … now keep the rest of them to yourself" comment and now a tail slap so she answered the dwarf but also corrected him.

“Here … but it is Lady Adnil Hollythyran” She said proudly, using her more formal title.

The dwarf grunted and peeked around the centaur so he could see the female that was making so much trouble. He made an ugly face, his eyes lingering on her large breasts. He laughed with a menacing grin. "Why… of coarse … LADYYYY Adnil Holllythyran" he said, but everyone knew she was in for it later.

The dwarf also spotted the ranger elf. He glanced down at his sign-up sheet and did not see any more names.

“Elf … are you a walk in? … I have no name listed for you” He said “Please state and spell you name” He ask the elf.
 
Order of the Glaive

Stepping forward to the Dwarf with a respectful nod as was the Elven way, but his eyes twinkled with mirth from the exchange between the Lady and Dwarf. ''Walk in Sir Dwarf...my name Wlynias Larkspur...spelled W l y n i a s...L a r k s p u r.'' With this said in a soft lilting yet clearly masculine voice he'd nod once more, stepping back in line into his place.

Having done this he'd greet the other Order of the Glaide initiates, with the same nod of respect he gave the Master Dwarf. Ice blue eyes measuring up each individual, in a way none ever noticed him doing this. Being one of the innumerable abilities gained by Elven training, as well as the training of Ranger Service, as only the best were chosen.

Mentally clicking off qualities each being possessed. Meserr...Loyal, Ferocity, Territorial, Aloof, Virile.

Grag Trannyth and Nero Forgedawn...Stubborn, Temperamental, Determined, Adaptable, Capable.

Tramalar... Powerful, Arrogant, Boastful, Honest, Brave, Virile, Versatile.

Adnil Hollythyran...Highborn, Spoiled, Snobbish, Self Centered, Egotistical, Magical.

Mental barriers always up Glenias Goldenleaf AKA Wlynias Larkspur kept everything close to the vest, his assessment over within seconds, he filed it all away so that it was second nature, their personality will reveal itself he mused.
 
Last edited:
Adnil gets a kick out of the Centaur!

The dwarf muttered under his breath “Great, an elf ranger … know it all … UGH”

“Allright ya bastards and derelicts, listen up, you’re all here because you want to be part of the Order of the Glaive guild. Whatever dire reasons or tragic causes that drove you here, I could care less. The fact of the matter is you are not special and the guild does not need you. So, you’re going to have to prove you belong if you are to accepted as a full fledge member. While you have the status of apprentices, you will report to me, don’t think I asked for such the shitty responsibility, but they put me in charge of ya and that’s how its going to be. Things around here work pretty simple, job requests come in, if they are below the skills of full members, they get handed down to the apprentices and you get assigned as I see fit. I pick the jobs and who goes, there will be no arguments, bitches, or gripes. In between jobs you are can move about the guild, there are some places off limits to apprentices, and I suggest you avoid them or members will…’kindly’ remind you to leave. Those places are the upper pub, the training areas outside in the back on the left hand side, you can use the ones on the right, they’re kind of shitty just to let you know, the grand hall, and member’s chambers. While apprentices you’ll stay in the recruit barracks, there are 10 bunks to a room, which should accommodate the lot of ya.” His gaze turned to Adnil. “Sorry sweety, its co-ed here.” Hackgarth resumed walking about the room and his speech, “While you’re here some quick rules, no fighting amongst yourselves or with members outside of training, be in this room every morning at sunrise for taskings, and while apprentices you cannot take any side jobs, you work exclusively for the guild until you’ve reached full membership. I’ll show you to the barracks, I’ll give you some time to settle in, and then I’ll fill you in on your first mission, and step towards membership.”

“EXCUSE ME … One small correction Master Hackgarth” Adnil said as she stood up and rising her hand like she was back in school … the centaur’s tail still flicking but was no longer in her face. “You called us all bastards and derelicts … I don’t think that is strictly true … I’m certainly not either. I was raise in the estate of the Hollythyran’s, a proud family south of here …”

The dwarf was getting really mad at this point and everyone knew it. The centaur, Taramalar, decided he needed to save this silly female before everyone got in trouble. So in the middle of her little speech he lifted his back left hoof and kicked her right in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her as she double over gasping for air.

“GOOD!!” the dwarf said nodding at the centaur … “now follow me” he strode off towards the barracks. The centaur turned around and grabbed the gasping female and carried her along … as she struggled to regain her breath. By the time they were in the barracks, she was breathing again and the centaur placed her back on the ground.

The place was filthy, dimly lit and smelled of uncleaned bedding and beer …. and what she thought was puck, but she was not sure of that odor. The dwarf had assigned all the bunks except for hers. “And for you Lady Adnil … our finest bunk …” he pointed to a broken bottom bunk with ripped sheets and yellow strains. “The last apprentice was a wererat … that wet the bed all the time” Hackgarth laughed when he saw the look on her face. She was pretty much in shock.

“Don’t worry milady …” Nero, the human thief/assassin with the rapist looking eyes said “You can sleep with me … in exchange for certain services!” He laughed.

“QUIET” Master Hackgarth shouted. "Stow your gear" He ordered

And people placed their bags and packs on their beds.

“Here are your first assignments.” He read off a few assignments for Nero, Grag, Merserr, Taramalar and then he got to Adnil a big smile broke across his face.

“And for you Lady Adnil … A noble woman named Lady Fodson has lost a valuable ring … she dropped it in her stables, it got muck out with all the horse shit and piss … so you’ll need to find it in the large pile in their fields … I’ve been told, the pile is one of the biggest in the city. Happy hunting!” he grinned.

“Wlynias … you get to go with Lady Adnil … The family as also reported seeing a mountain troll lurking in their forest. Get rid of the beast … you don’t need to kill it … just chase it off … a mountain troll is not something you want to fight by yourself.”
 
Ravi Munich

Ravi zunich stepped through the door timidly unsure if he was in the right place. he stood 5'11" shoulder length hair but shaved down on the sides and pulled back into a ponytail. His dark brown eyes looked around fascinated at the group laid before him and thought back to why he was here in the first place.

Ravi had no choice but to come, his best friend and greatest love lay sick and dying and only a great amount of gold and a long trip to the mountains of Glenhi could save her.

"do, do I have the right place?"
 
One of Hackgarth's underlings leads a young woman by the hand through a door and into the room in the barracks where Hackgarth is just in the middle of giving assignments to the new recruits.

When Hackgarth has finished giving his orders to Adnil and Wlynias, the dwarf underling yanks the young woman by the hand and leads her over to Hackgarth. “A straggler here for ya, Master”, the underling snorts, “don' know if she'd be much use though. But if she's no good to ya Master, I can bring her to Burga's Brothel and see if they put any value in her”, he makes a grunting laugh. “She calls herself Ellyn, Master”.

Ellyn is just twenty two. She is 5f 5, buxom, with long blonde hair. She wears a simple white cotton dress that goes down to her ankles. She is barefoot. She carries a leather satchel.

She has spent the last fifteen years of her life in a convent devoted to the goddess Nadia. There she has been educated as a healer. Her training is practical. She can using her simple healing magic and remedies for physical injuries and poisons. But she is not a sophisticated mage.

She has had a sheltered life in the convent. She is naïve and devoutly religious.

She curtseys to Hackgarth and smiles. “Very please to meet you, sir”
 
The Barracks

“Ah, more fresh meat!” Hackgarth grunted “I’m Hackgarth. This is the barracks you’ll both be sleeping here. Since you are both late … you two get those bottom bunks over there” He pointed “… not as nice as Lady Adnil's …but you’ll survive. Ask the others about the rules, they will fill you in.”

Nero, the human thief/assassin/rapist smiled at the innocent looking girl “You can sleep with me … We can make it a threesome … Lady Adnil, you and me!” He laughed his creepy sick laugh.

The dwarf looked over to him “I don’t care what you newbies … do on your free time … just complete these assignments … or else your OUT of the guild.”

“Now as far as assignments … for the two new people … there are not many remaining …” He said looking down at his list “Oh here is one … rescue mission. Turns out the Hollkin family south of the city … their daughter has been missing for a couple days; they think she might be kidnapped. Your job is to go rescue the girl. Now everyone get to work!” He said.

Adnil

It was hard to say whose face contained the most shock …. Adnil for the sheer disgust of what she was being asked to do, (dig through animal feces ... the very thought almost brought tears to her eyes), or Wlynias for having to tagalong with such an insufferable, correcting, individual. The two looked at each other ... and then Adnil quickly tried to composed herself. She was not going to let this elf's atitude get to her.

“Shall we proceed with the task?” She ask Wlynias.

Wlynias nodded in agreemnt. Then Adnil glanced down at her sleeping spot … her face was again filled with shock and disgust, which stopped her progress out of the barracks. Wlynias nudged her with his shoulder, which broke her momentary freeze and also signaled her to follow.

As the two went to exit, but Nero stepped in front of the elf and whispered to him, “Looks like you got the lucky draw, getting paired up with that pair of giant boobs … But make no mistake, that sexy slut belongs to me and I plan on taking it, so don’t get in my fucking way ... elf boy!” Then he stepped aside to let Wlynias pass.
 
The barracks

Wlynias knew starting out at the bottom was the way of the Guilds, any insult just rolled of his back as he didn't let it bother him. Holding back a grin when Taramalar silenced Adnil, and carries her into the Barracks. Hopefully the young woman would eventually learn to stop correcting others the hard way or the hard way.

As the one names Nero steps in front of him to whisper something, his breath smelled of rotten eggs. ''Actually it looks like Adnil got the lucky draw...but make no mistake in imagining you own the Lady.'' ''You don't want to try owning a Mage...she just might magically rot off what little manhood you have Sir.'' All this Wylnias said softly in a way only Nero and Adnil could hear his voice, as he walked ahead of adnil on the way to the reeking pile of mucked out hay and horse manure.

His long purposeful strides would have Adnil at a fast walk to catch up with him, glance over at her not looking anywhere but in the eyes, wondering how she could keep her over abundant mammaries from escaping her clothing. ''You'll use your Mage abilities to find this bauble I assume?'' His ice blue eyes showing no sign of what he so casually wondered about her and shrugged off as unimportant.
 
Last edited:
Adnil and Wlynias bonding? How kinky!

Adnil followed her partner for the day out the door and into the city streets. Wlynias seem lost or at least distant in his own thoughts … maybe he was thinking about how he would scare off the mountain troll … but he did walk really fast … she really needed to move to keep up … and some of the people on the street were staring at her as they couldn’t help but notice how her breasts bounced in her dress.

She wondered what the exchange between him and Nero had been about. Instead of coming right out and asking, she thought she should try to answer his question about the ring … Adnil thought about his question … most people just did not understand magic.

“No … I don’t have a find “ring” spell if that is what you are asking … I'm not really sure how I’m going to find it … I’m not going to dig through animal waste, that would be gross!”

Adnil decided to change subjects a bit … she wanted to know more about this elf. “Ah … I have to say … this is not what I expected when I joined the guild … I have been studying magic at the 5 elements magic school … and wanted to have some adventures, get some field experience … So the Order of the Glaive seem like a good place to get experience … but I don’t need experience with animal poo ” She said as they passed the Eastern gate of the city, the guard saw the two walking together winked at Wlynias and his good fortune of having such a lovely companion. Wlynias rolled his eyes, "if you only knew buddy" he thought.

“So what is your story … why did you join the guild?” She asked him … “And can we walk a little bit slower?” She asked.
 
Wylnias walks mammories follow

He had hoped this Female didn't think he was digging through shit for her, it was time she realized she was going to have to get her hands dirty. "I know that you don't have a ''Find ring spell'' but surely a divining one? it's an apprentice level spell.'' These beings and their affinity for women with over sized mammaries, well this was just beyond his understanding, Elven girls were in proportion.

Rolling his eyes at the wink he'd received, hearing Adnil ask that he slow down was surprised it wasn't a demand. ''Aye...I'm quite certain you are not in a rush to do any manual labor.'' Slowing the pace to one Adnil could keep up with him, they smell their destination before it was reached. Turning right quickly before Adnil could notice Wlynias steps into an armorers shop, picking out a deep green painted shield placing a fair price into the shop keepers hand he kept whining for more, exiting the shop falling back in step with Adnil looking for him. He says ''Boo!'' before she saw he's beside her once more.
 
Last edited:
Things are starting to get HOT between these two!!!

Adnil was walking next to the elf… and then suddenly he was gone. Amongst a series of merchant tents and store fronts.

“Hey … where did you go …” She said looking around for him. Just as quickly as he had disappeared he reappeared, now carrying a shield. He was “nice” enough to say “Boo” upon his reappearance.

Adnil jumped a bit.

“Oh there you are … for your information a divination spell can provide useful advice in reply to a question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity that is to occur within one week. The advice usually takes the form of a cryptic rhyme or omen. Since the ring was lost over a week ago … I can’t ask where the ring is. So why don’t you stick to being a ranger … and I’ll do the magic stuff. OK!” She said to him. But his suggestion had given her an idea, but she did not want to reward his arrogant attitude by telling him this.

Adnil was also a bit annoyed, about his sarcastic and mocking tone about manual labor. “And another thing … maybe, to a miscreant like you rolling around in muck. Is a desired task … but not me. You know being the man of this party; you might offer to do the task for me?” She suggested.

And finally she ended with “And don’t think I missed the fact you did not tell me why you are trying to join the order of the glaive!”
 
Last edited:
The insult

"An Elf a miscreant?...and I do not appreciate you implying I wallow in filth.'' His face remained impassive as he kept walking, it was time this young lady learned when not to wag her tongue. ''You Lady Adnil, do not know my race very well...so I suggest you learn of my people before you haphazardly toss insults at me.''

He lengthened his strides out pacing her once again, looking over his shoulder he said one more thing. ''I have my task to perform and that's the Mountain Troll...you have yours...I do suggest you get to it as shitty as it is.'' With that said he strode with purpose, out across the open field and into the forest.
 
Last edited:
"Can't we just all get along?"

Adnil had to run after him… he was moving so fast. Adnil was pissed. Some of that anger was directed at this stupid … but handsome elf ranger …but as she thought about it more and more some of it was directed at herself. She had used the wrong words. She did not think he was a “miscreant”. He was just worried about the wrong thing. Scaring off a mountain troll was easy. They were very dumb and didn’t like bright lights. Magic freaked them out. She had learned all this back at the wizard’s school. In fact she had been told they are so dumb you can tell them almost any story at all and they would believe it. There was even this cute story she remember about a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins and three trolls …

Anyhow, she was not sure what to do now and she was running out of time. The Fodson’s estate was just at the end of this forest path. She guessed she needed to say sorry. She grabbed Wlynias arm, it was strong and powerful ... if the rest of him was as powerful as his arm … he was quite a fighter! Her grabbing his arm stopped him and he turn to her.

Their eyes locked, she could tell he was still a bit angry. But she had a different feeling wash over her, her anger was gone replaced by a giddy feeling in her stomach tell her he was special … very special … or was that the after effect of being kicked by a centaur?

“Look” She said, “Wlynias … I’m sorry … I said a few things back there I did not mean. I’m not sure I know what came over me. Maybe I’m still recovering from that centaur kick. But I’m sorry. I’ll help you get rid of the troll.”

She decided to confide in him a little “I need to do well at this guild and this task. I'm kind of homeless right now …” she admitted. Then she straightened up. “In front of the Fodson family … we should not let our difference show. Ok?” She asked.

Wlynias said nothing. So she continued “Finally, anything you want to tell me about elves … or advice you have … to help me succeed at the guild I would appreciate.” She finished and anxiously awaited his answer.
 
Correcting the Corrector doth he.

Crossing his arms he gave her a look with a raised right brow, as she confided in him telling her sad story. ''First I'll give you some very helpful advice.

Holding up a single gloved finger. ''One...stop correcting people it's not your place to.''

Holding up a second gloved finger. ''Two...watch out for Nero he warned me off by saying that sexy slut belongs to him. And he planned on taking it...so don't get my way he said.'' Holding up a third gloved finger...

''Three...I'm a Elven Ranger I know Mountain Trolls are stupid creatures.'' Holding up a fourth gloved finger...''You should trust me Lady Adnil...to do the right thing.''

Turning away from her he took a knee, touching a big crooked toed footprint, standing rising to his feet and followed the tracks. ''This way come''...
 
Last edited:
Trolling for love ... in all the wrong places!

Adnil thought for a few seconds … Wlynias had made a few good points. But the remark about correcting people was not right. She only corrected them when they were wrong about something … Perhaps she should correct Wlynias now …

“SHOOT” She thought "I’m doing it again" … Wlynias was not right about correcting … but he was right about her irritating people. So she needed to try a new approach. She needed to work on keeping her mouth shut.

He had mentioned Nero. Nero was creepy … no question about that. But Wlynias was wrong about him. No man would force himself on a lady such as herself. It just was not done. All she needed to do was tell him, she was not interested and that should take care of it. That was the proper code of honor between men and women.

She looked up. Wlynias was gone … following the troll tracks

“Coming” she said hurrying after him.

Forest grew denser and darker as the thick trees blocked out a lot of the light. It was almost like the sun was setting … giving an eerie dim twilight illumination. Wlynias was quiet and speedy in the forest. But in a bit of a surprise … so was Adnil. Wlynias noticed how focused Adnil could be. She was stepping carefully and she was actually almost as good as him … of coarse she was in a robe and slippers … he was carrying a weapon and a shield.

In a few minutes they saw a cave ahead. That must be the troll’s lair.

The Troll rested, about thirty feet away from his cave, his back against the trunk of a very large tree. Neither Wlynias nor Adnil could see him and he was down wind … so they could not smell him either. He stretched his arms, waking up from his small nap. As was typical for his species, he was 12 ft tall, with big arms. His torso was well muscled, but his did have a big belly. He wore only a crude loin cloth around his waist. His head was misshapen … and ugly, but looking past that … there was no missing the cruelty and evil behind his eyes.

He stood up, grabbed his massive club and listened. He heard nothing. But something was not right. He was not smart … it was not an attribute of trolls, but nature had equipped him with certain hunting instincts. So he remained still for a moment, then his nose detected a scent. “ELF and HUMAN!” he thought. “and they are coming this way” He smiled to himself, a really horrible thing to see; luckily no one was there to see it! He would set up an ambush for the silly little two legged things!
 
Back at the Barracks ...Taramalar

Taramalar had been assigned what sounded like a pretty easy task. All he had to do was drop off a letter to a “more well to do” house. And do whatever the house owners requested afterwards. It did not sound too hard. As he prepared to leave … he noticed that both of the new comers seemed a bit lost.

He thought he should help them out. He trotted over to them. Some description of Taramalar is in order … Taramalar was huge and powerful built. He was all brawn and muscle; He wore some leather armor on his human half … and of course there was a bow and arrow quiver on his back. Around his waist was a thick belt to hold his Calvary sword. His face was bearded and the color matched his blonde hair. His equine half was all Clydesdale. The thick coat was the color of honey and his tail color was blonde the same color as his beard and hair. He wore saddle packs to carry his supplies. A closer look at his skin revealed scars and wounds from the many battles he had fought in.

“Hi I’m Taramalar … can I give you two a lift … the Hollkin family are pretty close to where I need to go.” He said to the two new comers.

Both Ravi Zunich and the pretty girl named Ellyn nodded yes. Taramalar plucked them both off the ground and placed them on his back. “Hang on” he said as he took them out of the guild building. They entered the busy streets of Cartha. The three traveler's senses were hit with all sorts of people, noises, foods, and smells. The Carthains seemed to love to mix brightly colored fabrics and hang it all over the place. It made the whole city seem festive.

The shops fronts they passed along the road, were selling all manner of goods and services, including clothing, household items, fresh and dried foodstuffs, ale, footwear and shoe repair, weaving, and more. Other vendors and street performers work alongside the road as well.

The ride gave the three of them a chance to talk. Taramalar started by telling his story “I recently retired from the centaur army … needed a job … saw the guild as a place to find one. So what is your story Ravi?” He asked.
 
to talamar

Ravi looks off in the distance at the bright shops enjoying the sights and sounds. "they don't have these back home. festivals I mean. I live in a very small village off the coast by the name of Monucha. I don't really know much of the world but I'm rather eager to. we steal a lot from the neighboring villages but never more than we need. But as of late my village became sick with a skin rotting disease. most have passed away. Only a few of us remain to take care of the sick. my love, Elizabeth was taking care of her sick grandmother when she was stricken with the disease. if any lose her."
he wipes a tear from his eye as he looks down at the symbol stitched into his sleeve. it was round with a cross through the center that was shaped like a dagger. his resolve hardened and he straightened his face.
"so I came here and sought out work so I can find a healer that can get her better"
 
Trickery tricks the Troll

Wylnias stopped in his tracks holding up his hand for Adnil to halt, also motioning for her to be quiet and go left. A line of boulders leads of the path with a line of brush at the end, leaping with ease silently onto the boulders. Stepping nimbly from one boulder to another he reaches the last one, stepping quietly onto the ground crouching stealthily reaching the end.

Peering through a gap in the brush as he's down wind being he's flanked the Troll. Still unseen Wylnias could not be scented by the beast now, he deftly climbs a great oak it's limbs reaching the tree the Troll sat beneath. With unheard footsteps the distance along the limb, he looked down down upon the ugly sneering Troll.

Reaching into his pouch draws out a vial, within it is flash powder when broken produced a load bang. Wylnias drew back his arm casts the vial, that broke on contact with the Trolls bulbous nose. A bright flash with a loud band was heard, it momentarily blinded and made the beasts ears ring. With a roaring bellow staggers about swinging his massive club around, Wylnias throwing his voice to sound like wings of a Dragon.

Yelling into a deep hollow of the great oak, his voice sounding exactly like an hungry Drake. ''Mmm a nice juicy Troll to satisfy my hunger.'' Hearing this was all that it took to send the Troll into crazed panic, he lets out a high pitched squeal very much like a frightened little girl. Wlynias rumbles evil laughter as the Troll tore off crashing through the trees at breakneck speed to escape, the bass rumbling laughter turns into an Elven cackle from the tree. Knowing Adnil would always have something to correct someone about, his tactics Wylnias waits in the great oak with an amused half smile..
 
Last edited:
Trickery tricks the Troll, but The Tart Takes the Treasure!

Adnil did not correct him at all. She was pretty astounded and she said so “WOW … that was amazing … from where the troll was standing I think he was going to ambush us!” She said. She could not figure out how Wylnias knew they were going to be ambushed. Must have been an elf or ranger thing. She looked at the cave, then back up to Wylnias.

“I’ll check out the cave …” She said bravely. She wanted to help him somehow. A ball of glowing light appeared in one of her hands to allow her to see as she entered the troll’s lair. She caught the overpowering odor of troll waste and dead rotting things inside the cave.

“It does not smell good in here!” she yelled back at Wylnias. “Putrid, is the right word …I’d better be able to get the smell out of my cloth!” She complained.

She looked around and there were bones of dead animal everywhere. Luckily she did not see any human bones, but under the bones of what looked like a deer, she saw a gleaming sword. She picked it up and it was not too heavy. It felt good in her hands. She swung it around a bit with ease.

She was joined by Wylnias. Who looked at her with surprise at how strong she was to weld a sword like that. She handed him the sword “I think it is magical…” He nodded not wanting to take too deep a breath with the overpowering smell in this place. He saw a small chest and a few more weapons (2 daggers and a small mace).
 
Needful things

"You handle that sword well Lady Adnil'' Leaping from the great oak he tucks and rolls to his feet within inches from her. His expression back to impassive impossible to read, stepping to the small chest gets it by the handle in his right hand. Gathering the daggers along with the mace in his left hand, and out onto dappled sunlit ground for a closer inspection.

''Ten to one Odds Lady Fodson's rings in this chest Adnil''....Taking a knee Whylias draws a pick from his breeches pocket, picking a lock was child's play for him the chest was quickly unlocked and open. Looking up at his unlikely companion to see what her opinion was, he handed her the open chest as his eyes met hers.
 
Last edited:
Trickery Tricks the Troll, The Tart Takes the Treasure, But The Troll Trips the Trap which means Trouble!!!

The chest was full of gold. “WOW … I’m starting to like this job!” Adnil said “What are the guild rules about finding treasure? Do we get to keep it?” She asked, and then her eyes returned to the treasure “I don’t see the ring in here … oh well.” She said added.

She reached down and picked up the two daggers. “I’ll take these …” She said looking at their design … “I think they are made of silver … good for fight undead. I’ll need to clean them … and sharpen them … but they are well crafted and would look good on my adventuring outfit!” she said excited. Wylnias just shook his head … Adnil was more concerned about her appearance than how functional the weapons were. Women! Adnil placed the dagger in her robe belt.

Sudden and out of nowhere a large club came swing down aimed right at Adnil’s head! She drew in a sharp breath and stumbled backwards to get out of the way … falling backwards as she stumbled into Wylnias … She grabbed his arm, pulling him back as well. This mistake probably saved his life …as the club came back around to crush him … but missed as he was now lying on top off Adnil!

"TROLL ….” Is all she said could say … as the huge club was brought back around.

Meanwhile Wylnias got back up with a speed and grace … that was amazing … he even had a second to yank Adnil back on her feet …

“CRUSH YOU HUMANS!!!” came a grunt from the dump but evil troll as the massive club was swung at them again. Wylnias and Adnil ran off in different directions …as the club barely missing them again.

"Hey … could you work on your personal hygiene … you smell bad!!" Adnil snapped, the troll charged at her.

“Humans good to eat!” the troll said …as Adnil paled trying to think up a quick spell to slow him down. She had meant to distract the troll to buy Wylnias some time to kill the thing… But things were happening too fast … she ducked and tried to run between the Troll’s legs. But the brute just grabbed one of her feet and held her upside down …”Caught you! Now I eat you!” He said …
 
Sadness to resolve

''That was the moment Wylnias needed as he darted in quickly as a mountain cat, with only two blurring swings of his willow leaf Elven blade Hamstrung the Troll. With a painful roar it hit the ground with a loud thud, the foul breath knocked from it lungs momentarily stunning the beast. Just long enough for Adnil to draw her tarnished silver daggers, and stab into the Trolls gnarled hands, this joint effort allowed her free of the beasts grasp saving her life.

The Troll roared curses at us as he drug himself after her, grabbing for Adnil wildly with the distraction Adnil provided. Wynias leaps into the air to come down with all his weight to drive his sword into the beasts neck to sever the Trolls spinal cord. His mismatched eyes glazed over as a gurgling death rattle was heard as the Troll breathed it's last, Whynias knelt on the creatures broad back placing his hand on it's misshapen head bowing his head in prayer.

Withdrawing his blade with a saddened sigh he gazes into Adnil's eyes, the first real deep emotion revealed to her as yet from him. He didn't wish to kill the Troll but it was to save their lives, but a deep sorrow had surfaced in his ice blue eyes. He began to walk very slowly back toward the Cartha gate, Adnil could keep the chest of gold and the mace he did not want them.

She caught up with the silent Wylnias and without conversation they went on toward the gate, stopping abruptly Adnil would almost run right into his shoulder. ''We can't go back without that damned ring...you'll get drummed out of the Order of the Glaive.'' A resolve lit Wylnias eyes driving away any sorrow within them ''I can't let that happen to a Lady...it is dishonorable and beneath me.''
 
Last edited:
Riding Taramalar Hard

Taramalar was moved by Ravi's story. He had seen something similar in his travels from what he discribed.

“Near the tomb of Reva the undying ... I saw something like what you describe … it was not a disease but a curse … really hard to watch as people just rotted away. You might want to check out some of the local witch doctor shops … they might have a counter to the curse” Taramalar explained. Before he had a chance to ask Ellyn her story …

They had arrived at the gate to leave the city. A rough Dwarf Captain was standing at the gate with a peg leg. He was the leader of the City Watch. Taramalar had met him before … He was bitter over the fact that in his younger years he had a promising career in the king's army but he lost his left leg in a goblin raid and was dismissed. Now he is Captain of the Watch for Cartha.

“Halt” He said looking at Taramalar. “Where are you off too … Horsie! And who are your friends”

Taramalar did not want a fight with the captain of the guard … that could only end up badly for him and the other two. But he really hated to be called “horsie”

“Captain … I don’t call you monkey … so please don’t call me horsie!” Taramalar stated.

“Well at least I dress myself … and don’t walk around with my thing hanging out! Now answer my questions … Horsie!” The dwarf stated firmly.

“At least I have a thing you can see …yours is so small I think you’d need a find small object spell to locate it!” Taramalar said. Ellyn spoke up quickly

“My name is Ellyn … good sir” She said defusing the situation with her friendly smile.

The dwarf liked the pretty girl and smiled back “Finally, someone with manners!”

Taramalar jumped in to finish “And this is Riva … we are all apprentices for the order of the glaive guild. We are headed for the Hollkin family house. Good sir!”

The dwarf grunted … having no reason to hold them longer “Be on your way … horsie” He said … then to Ellyn he smiled and said “Nice to meet you …”
 
Ellyn smiled and waved cheerfully to the dwarf as Taramalar proceeded through the gate. “Was lovely to meet you too, Sir!”

Ellyn had been feeling cheerful and excited since the three of them had left the barracks. She had never ridden on a horse before, never mind a centaur. And it was the first time since coming to the city that she felt safe. Now she could relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the busy markets.

As they headed beyond the city walls into greener scenery, she sympathised with Ravi on his tragic circumstances. She told Ravi and Taramalar all about how her convent had been abandoned due to an outbreak of the same plague in that part of the country. Many of the sisters in the convent had fallen victim to the disease and in the end it was decided to burn and destroy the building.

But even these terrible events couldn't completely dampen her mood of optimism and she looked over the lush scenery.
 
Back
Top