The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I don't know whether it would sell to an outdoors mag, a culinary mag (unlikely) or something else. First I have to get it written . . .

I think the second step would be to locate a willing agent and let him/her peddle it to a likely round of purchasers.

It started to rain last night and is predicted to continue through the day. Not being willing to alternate fishing and bailing we will stay in today. Jim is reading and I will write, drink coffee and practice my hibernation skills. Vacation at its best.

I think the second step would be to locate a willing agent and let him/her peddle it to a likely round of purchasers.

It started to rain last night and is predicted to continue through the day. Not being willing to alternate fishing and bailing we will stay in today. Jim is reading and I will write, drink coffee and practice my hibernation skills. Vacation at its best.

Seems a pity that fishing can only be done from a boat.
All you need is a good waterproof and a convenient dock from which to fish.

That depends on so much. Various species have different preferred habitat. Walleye are school fish given to hanging out over underwater pinnacles. Pike are solitary ambush artists and they lurk in weed beds. You have to go to where the fish are to catch them and for that you need a boat. The lake is large and the various habitats separated.

It's been gorgeous up here. I love The North, mosquitoes and all, in the late spring summer and autumn. Then winter hits and it's time for the California bear to retreat to the the relative heat. Fishing yesterday was some of the best I've ever had.

It's been gorgeous up here. I love The North, mosquitoes and all, in the late spring summer and autumn. Then winter hits and it's time for the California bear to retreat to the the relative heat. Fishing yesterday was some of the best I've ever had.

What did you catch?

All the fish round here just laugh at me & my mate when we go fishing.
We do it in between rain showers. . . .

And the Consultant has put my periodic inspection from two to three months; he looked and found nothing to worry about.

Whoopee
!

And the Consultant has put my periodic inspection from two to three months; he looked and found nothing to worry about.

Whoopee
!

This is wonderful news, HP! :nana:

:rose::rose:

What did you catch?

Whoopee
!

Though there are perch in the lake (Jim caught one) the main species are walleye and northern pike. Ulchi seems to have a goodly number of pike but they aren't huge. Mostly people come here to catch-and-release volume. Today was slow. It's gotten hot again so two Californians are retiring for that long-neglected Californiano tradition, the siesta. We'll go out again after dinner when it's cooler.

Whoopee
!

You're fabulous!

Though there are perch in the lake (Jim caught one) the main species are walleye and northern pike. Ulchi seems to have a goodly number of pike but they aren't huge. Mostly people come here to catch-and-release volume. Today was slow. It's gotten hot again so two Californians are retiring for that long-neglected Californiano tradition, the siesta. We'll go out again after dinner when it's cooler.

I do so miss fishing. One day...

Well, the wind has kicked up and the chop on the lake is higher than I like to be out in a 14 boat. We have thunderstorms due tonight. I hope they're over before the plane comes in to pick us up. This has been a great trip and if anyone wants to do a walleye and pike trip in Canada, I strongly recommend Uchi Lake Lodge. Good on yer, Canada.

For those who so kindly praised my SF story "Midsummerfest", I'm working on a second chapter with backstory and further adventures on Nya Hem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back