the "ask crazychemgirl a question" thread

because I'm not feeling well, I'm going to just leave this up to chembook.. and trust that Sb IS less dense as a solid than a liquid at the phase change temperature.

Fixed your post. I did not mean to diss your knowledge of chemistry with the earlier discourse. I just wanted folk to know that water isn't the only thing that expands upon turning solid.

I suppose I SHOULD ask a question.

Fixed your post. I did not mean to diss your knowledge of chemistry with the earlier discourse. I just wanted folk to know that water isn't the only thing that expands upon turning solid.

I suppose I SHOULD ask a question.

you did... and it was a good one. :)

Dinner tonight. For me, not you! It's too hot to cook inside. Chicken or brats on the grille? And what side?

Dear chemgirljaime,

What is a latus rectum and is it painful?

latusrectum2.jpg

I don't know about your pain threshold, so that I can't say.. but I wouldn't imagine so.

Ok, boring question....
Why is water the only substance that expands as it cools and changes to ice?

Note: I have asked this question many times but have yet to receive an answer that makes sense.

2nd note: I have no wish to make out.

because only water changes to ice.

if you had one year and unlimited funds, what would you do?

no fryer?

you could go with a cold side like pasta salad.

Fryer? Those are hard on the waistline.

It's getting closer to the end of the day and I'm thinking I might enjoy a beer and a sandwich since I have to go out, anyway.

Fryer? Those are hard on the waistline.

It's getting closer to the end of the day and I'm thinking I might enjoy a beer and a sandwich since I have to go out, anyway.

well FINE then. I'm having meatloaf.

Back