Adultery in the "Loving Wives" category

I get the feeling that, as a practical matter, the "dispute" in this thread is more a matter of misunderstanding or miscommunication than anything. What you wrote in this post seems perfectly reasonable to me. I might disagree with your story tastes, but I believe a reader has a right to reflect his/her tastes in the story score so long as the reader isn't being unreasonably punitive or obnoxious, and it doesn't sound like you are that sort of reader. So we don't disagree.

I wonder if creating a separate category would reduce the problem. I have a feeling that the trolls would find the adulterous wife/willing husband stories wherever they are and troll them regardless.
Thank you, I basically agree with you, though I don't think that the anti-cuck crowd would bother cuckold stories if they were in Fetish, but you never know with Trolls!

I, for one, wouldn't mind moving to a "Cheating and Consequences" category and leave LW to the Swingers and Swappers, and if they wanted to welcome the cuckolds, more power to them.

But for now, LW is the only place for us, and I have no problem with Swingers and Swappers. I personally don't think that cuckold stories belong there, but I just ignore them. I just think that they are deluding themselves by posting in a category where they aren't wanted, then crying when they're not made to feel welcome.

So as a new author to this site, category placement for wife stories can be a challenge. Having skimmed the titles in fetish, wife sharing stories do not exactly fit their cup of tea. Under Group Sex, their stuff seems to be gangbangs & orgies. The category explanations under LW include swingers and sharing as suggested story types. Obviously the "sharing" aspect will get the "Fag Cuck Shit" hammer, but it seems posting stories in this genre to LW is not a breach of etiquette. My first story to LW got quite a few favorites, but plenty of bile piled on as well. Having a specific Swinging / Hotwife area would be nice, but for now it seems LW is where the most reads will be, but future stories will certainly bear a more prominent content / trigger warning.

So as a new author to this site, category placement for wife stories can be a challenge. Having skimmed the titles in fetish, wife sharing stories do not exactly fit their cup of tea. Under Group Sex, their stuff seems to be gangbangs & orgies. The category explanations under LW include swingers and sharing as suggested story types. Obviously the "sharing" aspect will get the "Fag Cuck Shit" hammer, but it seems posting stories in this genre to LW is not a breach of etiquette. My first story to LW got quite a few favorites, but plenty of bile piled on as well. Having a specific Swinging / Hotwife area would be nice, but for now it seems LW is where the most reads will be, but future stories will certainly bear a more prominent content / trigger warning.
I'm afraid you're right, and given the category description it's unfair. I think the problem is the association of wife sharing with cuckold. Yes, I know that strictly speaking wife sharing IS cuckold, but not the kind of cuckold that turns our stomachs, except for the "fag, cuck, shit" guys, but they'll say that for ANY story that's not BTB, so I wouldn't take them too seriously.

The stories that will get you in trouble with the general population are the unwilling cuckolds, especially if there is humiliation, cream pie and bull servicing involved!

Last edited:

For the time being, LW is the right place to post hotwife/swinging wife stories. You will get your share of negative votes and comments, but there are plenty of good stories that get high scores and lots and lots of views when posted in this category. Brace yourself for the troll shitstorm and you'll be fine.

I chose to place my story, https://www.literotica.com/s/old-friends-become-special-friends, in Loving Wives though I knew it would annoy the BTB and anti cuckold readers. I wish it was called Loving Spouses but I chose to take the two literal meanings of Loving Wives as spouses being loved and spouses who love.
Like many others I do not consider adultery is cheating if it has been discussed with the spouse and understood and agreed to before the event. Similarly I don't consider it cuckoldry if the spouse is not being humiliated.
We need to distinguish between two groups of people who rate a story with 1*. Some do it because they don't like the story and are giving critical feedback. I assume from their polite tone that the writers in this thread who give 1's fall into the first category. Others are poor, unhappy people who hate everybody and want to punish anyone who is happier than they are. You can't tell from the rating but you can tell from the comments.
I feel we need to feel a little sorry for some of those last sad people. I guess they have had a very unhappy experience and have been unable to get over it. Judging from the tone of their comments, whether they admit it to themselves or not, they almost certainly contributed to the failure of the relationship(s) that made them the way they are.

Last edited:
Like many others I do not consider adultery is cheating if it has been discussed with the spouse and understood and agreed to before the event.

That's not a definition that's up for a vote. It is a legal definition--the voluntary sexual intercourse by a husband with someone who isn't his wife or by a wife with someone who isn't her husband.

That's not a definition that's up for a vote. It is a legal definition--the voluntary sexual intercourse by a husband with someone who isn't his wife or by a wife with someone who isn't her husband.
You correctly define Adultery. I was defining cheating.

Who are you writing for?

As to the OP, if you want to write about cheating, you are fully allowed to. That there will be people who write nasty comments on such Are you writing in such a way as to NOT attract those comments?
a subject is pretty much a given.

Good luck with that.

There are pea-brains on every site like this that will snipe at your stories for whatever small-minded reason they have. If you're writing to appease those folks, your piece is not being true to itself.

I have one very dark, graphic story here, 'Whore, n' (yes, shameless self-promotion). I realize now that I should have put a warning on it that it's NOT a stroke story, and it's not surprising to me that it's struggling to reach a 4 point average. I wrote it as a flash story, the shorter the better, and it really didn't belong in any category.

If I had cared that much what people would think or comment, it wouldn't have been worth writing.

Write for yourself first, and let the slings and arrows fall where they may.

LW has become a disorganized wilderness of stories involving any sort of extramarital sex. Swinging, cuckold fetish, open marriage, evil cheaters, all in the order they're posted, with no way to tell in advance what a story is about unless the author sees fit to tag it or write an intro that explains what the story will be about. Things are made even more complicated by the fact that stories for which there are already separate categories, such as fetish, BDSM, group sex, etc., are being posted to LW rather than the places they really belong, because their writers know that LW is the most read category and the place where they'll be read by the most people. Even though a lot of those people will despise them and will not hesitate to express their feelings in the comments.

The real solution would be to create a category for stories about cheating, enable readers to report stories that are posted to the wrong category and to act on those reports by moving the stories to the place where they belong so that people can more easily ignore the stories they dislike. But the site owners lack either the resources or the will to do so.. And so there is not likely to be any change in the status quo.

Well said. I have a plethora of cheating wife stories that I will not post to LW because I don't want to feed the idiots who don't seem to understand the difference between fantasy and reality and are hellbent on trolling the category. Hopefully, one day, there will be a Cheating Spouses category I can post to.

I have never seen anything like the amount of hate in loving wives stories. Even the current political climate doesn't spawn as much hate as I see in the comments section there.

I know this is the internet and we don't know for certain what gender someone is, but I think its a fairly safe bet to say 95% of the spew in loving wives is men. Hate filled men who hate women, especially ones who 'cheat'

Of course they can't seem to get their head around the fact that if the husband is a cuck-didn't this used to be wittol back in the day?-its not cheating because he knows about it.

Really a sad group there and quite indicative of the fact that its men, not women who do the crying when they get upset.

I think it's naive to suggest that the morons spewing vitriol in the Loving Wives category are doing so on the grounds morality. Let me clear this one up for you.

Literotica is rife with socially inept losers who find it impossible to establish any meaningful relationship with the female of the species. The only action they get is with filthy old slosh pots who drop their knickers at the bat of an eyelid.

Said losers have sex with said slosh pots and think they've found themselves a girlfriend. Only for said slosh pot to go off and drop her knickers for the next guy she meets, leaving the socially inept loser feeling hard done by and under the false impression that they've been cheated on. Feeling shunned and rejected, the loser then develops a vendetta against anybody daring to write a story glamorizing infidelity in story form.

This leaves the Lit losers in a disgruntled mood and prompts them into spewing vitriol whenever a story featuring cheating is uploaded to Lit.

It's as simple as that.

One issue when writing sanctioned "cheating" stories is that the standard formula is kind of boring. The standard set-up -- husband tells wife he wants her to fuck someone else (with or without him watching/participating), which she eventually does and enjoys his huge cock -- doesn't offer much conflict or story arc. It's much more interesting if she treads along the line of what is allowed, or if the husbands consent is unclear, at least for a while. But that means the wife has to be an instigator and make active choices, and that's too much for some readers. I have two LW stories, and they are unsurprisingly my lowest scored ones. But at least one of them is my most read, commented and favorized story. So at least they are engaging.

What's the difference between kinky and perverted?

Kinky is when you use feathers. Perverted is when you use the whole chicken!

Ok, so the pillow-factory's yearly company picnic and BBQ is perverted? Who knew...

No, no, no... Sensual is using a feather during sex. Kinky is using the whole chicken. Perverted is cooking that chicken afterwards.

WTF is wrong with LW readers?

One of the big debates in LW revolves around what is a fetish, because there IS a "Fetish" category, so theoretically if something is a fetish then it should be there, rather than LW. "

LW is the only category with Category Police. Why didn't you write: "One of the big debates in Fetish revolves around what is a Loving Wife, because there IS a "Loving Wife" category, so theoretically if something has a Loving Wife then it should be there, rather than Fetish"?

Most stories can fairly have more than one label. When a group scene involves a wife, and some MM anal activity, and the group of characters is racially diverse, containing a virgin ... well, you get the point.

Personally, having posted in LW and in other categories, I don't much care about Star-ratings, precisely because of the LW Police. I count favorites instead.

I have never seen anything like the amount of hate in loving wives stories. Even the current political climate doesn't spawn as much hate as I see in the comments section there.

I know this is the internet and we don't know for certain what gender someone is, but I think its a fairly safe bet to say 95% of the spew in loving wives is men. Hate filled men who hate women, especially ones who 'cheat'

Of course they can't seem to get their head around the fact that if the husband is a cuck-didn't this used to be wittol back in the day?-its not cheating because he knows about it.

Really a sad group there and quite indicative of the fact that its men, not women who do the crying when they get upset.
I disagree strongly with the "Hate filled men who hate women, especially ones who 'cheat'" line. I am NOT hate-filled, and I DON'T hate women, but I DO hate cheating, by EITHER sex, it just so happens that in LW that is usually women. I find it curious that you put cheat in quotes, like if a spouse has sex with someone other than their spouse, without the spouse's permission, that cheating isn't the appropriate word to use!

I disagree strongly with the "Hate filled men who hate women, especially ones who 'cheat'" line. I am NOT hate-filled, and I DON'T hate women, but I DO hate cheating, by EITHER sex, it just so happens that in LW that is usually women. I find it curious that you put cheat in quotes, like if a spouse has sex with someone other than their spouse, without the spouse's permission, that cheating isn't the appropriate word to use!

But then you just refrain from reading fantasy fiction that includes this element, right? You don't run around trolling what others, who are leaving you alone, like to write and read. Right?

But then you just refrain from reading fantasy fiction that includes this element, right? You don't run around trolling what others, who are leaving you alone, like to write and read. Right?
I don't know how you're defining trolling in this sense. I DO read stories about cheating, I like to see the cheaters pay the consequence for the cheating. But, yes, I DO refrain from reading stories, that are identified as cuckold. And, yes, I realize that by the dictionary definition, ALL cheating stories are cuckold, but as used here, a husband who refuses to accept his wife's cheating isn't a cuckold.

I don't know how you're defining trolling in this sense. I DO read stories about cheating, I like to see the cheaters pay the consequence for the cheating. But, yes, I DO refrain from reading stories, that are identified as cuckold. And, yes, I realize that by the dictionary definition, ALL cheating stories are cuckold, but as used here, a husband who refuses to accept his wife's cheating isn't a cuckold.

Ah, that was a leading question--and I've afraid you didn't pass, because when given the choice of just keeping your nose out of what others enjoy reading/writing and you don't, you claim to stay out of it but then jump directly on top of it again with both feet with how the world should buckle under to your wants--or you wouldn't even be posting about it here. You don't like how others like to write/read about the subject, fine--just walk away and focus on what you like.

Ah, that was a leading question--and I've afraid you didn't pass, because when given the choice of just keeping your nose out of what others enjoy reading/writing and you don't, you claim to stay out of it but then jump directly on top of it again with both feet with how the world should buckle under to your wants--or you wouldn't even be posting about it here. You don't like how others like to write/read about the subject, fine--just walk away and focus on what you like.
No, you are deliberately twisting my words. I DON'T enjoy stories where wives force their husbands to accept their cuckoldry, or where husbands ENJOY being cuckolded, so I avoid those stories and DON'T troll them, and don't care if people enjoy them.

How does my enjoyment of stories where the wives don't get away with their attempts to cuckold their husbands trying to buckle others to my wants?

No, you are deliberately twisting my words. I DON'T enjoy stories where wives force their husbands to accept their cuckoldry, or where husbands ENJOY being cuckolded, so I avoid those stories and DON'T troll them, and don't care if people enjoy them.

How does my enjoyment of stories where the wives don't get away with their attempts to cuckold their husbands trying to buckle others to my wants?

And yet you keep posting here on what others should write/read. ;)

Here is my original post:

"You can post any variation you like, but you should expect certain reactions.

If you post a story where a cheating wife is simply divorced, you will be castigated by the RAAC (Reconciliation At All Costs) crowd as a misogynistic Neanderthal who wants women chained in the kitchen and beaten through the streets if she strays.

If you post a story where the husband DOESN'T BTB (Burn The Bitch) the BTB crowd will call it fag cuck shit.

My problem with your story wasn't with the story itself, but the general reaction by the commentariat. Generally, if a wife cheats on a husband fighting cancer, and has a happy reconciliation, it will be like waving a red flag in front of a bull, where here he got all sorts of understanding.

The bottom line, write what you like, don't worry about the scores, and try to accept CONSTRUCTIVE criticism in the spirit it is intended. While there ARE thoughtful Anons, you can avoid the Trolls by blocking Anonymous comments."

I simply stated what kinds of reactions he could expect, not my personal feelings about what he SHOULD write.

Back