What did you dream? Tell it in five sentences or fewer.

Well, I did not like it, its new for me. I had just the voice. I was a bit restless but went back to sleep both times. Its quite unusual for me to wake up unless an outside thing happens...cat being sick, dog barking, car crash on our rural roads that kids ( and older men) play silly buggers on.....

I know what you mean. For some reason I can dismiss the voice, but have to check on the doors :rolleyes: I did used to check the house though when I heard the voice. I eventually got used to that. Spiritualist say somebody is trying to contact you ;)
I just say... Are you giving me the lotto numbers? No? Then let me sleep! :p

Master and I were browsing an old antique shop and came upon a narrow but heavy brass bed frame. He leaned close and told me to bend over and hold on to the bed posts, and proceeded to covertly spank me. Each smack made dust fly until I started sneezing. He says I was giggling in my sleep. :)

I baked pulla. Probably have to make some today, it was so good in the dream and it's been a long time since I've baked any. :)

I baked pulla. Probably have to make some today, it was so good in the dream and it's been a long time since I've baked any. :)

Genius! Cooking while you sleep as well :D
I sure hope my brain is filing that one away!!

I rarely remember dreams, and generally when I am able to they are of the nightmare variety. Last night was an exception:

We were with each other again and it was like no time had passed, our bodies against one another's in seconds. With such limited time together, we sucked the life out of every moment.

It had something to do with having demanded a certain kind of, ahem, very personal service on an hourly basis from a lady friend while on vacation. Who knew that the old homes of Colonial Williamsburg had so many nook and crannies? It was a pleasant dream, many times over.

Genius! Cooking while you sleep as well :D
I sure hope my brain is filing that one away!!

Imagine if dreaming about cooking and baking meant that the finished product were waiting for you when you wake up... :)

That happened to me once, though. In my dream I made chocolate milk, and when I woke up there was a glass of (room-temperature) chocolate milk in the kitchen. I had sleepwalked.

I didn't bake pulla, because I went mushroom picking instead. But tomorrow I will! I ran into a tutorial for some pretty pullas and I'm gonna give them a go. :)

Imagine if dreaming about cooking and baking meant that the finished product were waiting for you when you wake up... :)

That happened to me once, though. In my dream I made chocolate milk, and when I woke up there was a glass of (room-temperature) chocolate milk in the kitchen. I had sleepwalked.

I didn't bake pulla, because I went mushroom picking instead. But tomorrow I will! I ran into a tutorial for some pretty pullas and I'm gonna give them a go. :)

Ok, you have said "pulla" enough times now that I am forced to Google it :p

Edit: yum yum yum! So many shapes on Google, though. Which is traditional / which will you bake?

Last edited:
Ok, you have said "pulla" enough times now that I am forced to Google it :p

Edit: yum yum yum! So many shapes on Google, though. Which is traditional / which will you bake?

You mean I haven't rambled about them enough in the past? :eek:

The individual round ones, either with some kind of filling in the middle or just plain, and "korvapuusti" are probably the most traditional. The bilberry buns I posted a while back are also a type of pulla. The long braid type pullas are also very common.

I'm gonna try to make star-ish pullas. (before and after baking) The tutorial is for one large pulla where everybody can break away as much as they want, but I'm gonna try to make a little smaller ones.

My track record with any pulla that isn't round is gloriously bad, so this could go veeeery wrong, but I wanna give it a go anyways. :)

I never knew I'm a pulla missionary, but clearly I am. :)

Types of Dreams

Daydreams - a semi-conscious state where you consciously allow your imagination to run wild. Semi-awake but clearly not asleep.

Standard dreams - a normal dream state where you don't realize you are dreaming until you wake up.

Vivid dreams - a dream state that is very realistic.

False awakenings - a dream state that seems realistic, but you dream that you woke up, drank coffee, drive to the office (or whatever your normal procedure for mornings), only to then wake up... or did you?

Nightmares - Simply, a normal (or vivid) dream state with a scary twist. A dream state where you are unaware you are dreaming and thus the unconscious mind processes it as if it's real.

*Lucid dreaming can occur in any of the above five types of dream states, but is not considered a a dream state as much as your conscious mind taking control of the dream state.

**excerpts from world of lucid dreaming

I was walking an old, familiar trail in the woods, in the rain. The sound of the rain got louder and louder until I realized it wasn't the rain at all. I pushed through some underbrush and discovered rapids leading to a waterfall that isn't there on the real trail. I stood, mesmerized, by the tumbling water and rainbow spray, and couldn't decide whether to jump in or not.

The dream I had was pretty boring, but it did have closing credits. "Director: brain".

I woke up when the credits ended and felt perfectly rested. It was only 4:30, but after I read a little, I managed to fall asleep again.

I was in a trial position for a part time job at a store I wanted to work for for the discount (my outfit looked good and I was making a great impression). Weirdly, the store seemed to melt into a field and so you could shop in a store like setting or the field. o_O;; Then a dragon attacked and I remembered part of the job was dragon slaying, I looked around for a more experienced associate and realized I was alone. Feeling that the job had to be done, I grabbed a pencil and jumped to slay the dragon. Others came to help, we killed the dragon and then posed for pictures.

I sort of felt bad for the dragon. I think it had to do with the dragons only attacking because we were trying to expand the store and they would try to defend their territory..

I was in a trial position for a part time job at a store I wanted to work for for the discount (my outfit looked good and I was making a great impression). Weirdly, the store seemed to melt into a field and so you could shop in a store like setting or the field. o_O;; Then a dragon attacked and I remembered part of the job was dragon slaying, I looked around for a more experienced associate and realized I was alone. Feeling that the job had to be done, I grabbed a pencil and jumped to slay the dragon. Others came to help, we killed the dragon and then posed for pictures.

I sort of felt bad for the dragon. I think it had to do with the dragons only attacking because we were trying to expand the store and they would try to defend their territory..

Uhhhh... Dragon territory? No.
Too much Skyrim? Yes :p

I had weird, mixed up dreams. Flying, but some witch broke my machine so I had to fix it (literally, a witch). Lost briefcases, stolen kisses, institutionalized groups of friends that would disappear. All very strange.

Uhhhh... Dragon territory? No.
Too much Skyrim? Yes :p

I had weird, mixed up dreams. Flying, but some witch broke my machine so I had to fix it (literally, a witch). Lost briefcases, stolen kisses, institutionalized groups of friends that would disappear. All very strange.

Mister commented that I might be playing too much. On the other hand I was part of a group of attractive, well dressed women that sold clothing and battled dragons. :p

Your dream sounds hard to follow. I am always a little weirded out by dreams that sort of make time skips. 0_o;; Like one minute I'm in a room talking the next I'm pouring drinks at a picnic. There was no in between.

Mister commented that I might be playing too much. On the other hand I was part of a group of attractive, well dressed women that sold clothing and battled dragons. :p

Your dream sounds hard to follow. I am always a little weirded out by dreams that sort of make time skips. 0_o;; Like one minute I'm in a room talking the next I'm pouring drinks at a picnic. There was no in between.

Yes, it used to be all rainbows and unicorns and waterfalls made of shooting stars for me. And now...
*le sigh*

In anticipation of imminent sleep, let me just say that I wish I hadn't used the words "eat bugs" together so many times tonight :p

ETA: Happily, I managed, unscathed :D

Last edited:
Why do I dream of cakes so often these days? Need more cake in my life?

It was the second cake dream of the week already and I had a dream about cake last week too.

Last night I was decorating a cake with strawberries and no matter how many strawberries I put there, it never got "full", somehow they slipped inside the cake or something. It was all very relaxing, though.

The last weeks dream was bad, somebody stole my cake.

Back