Developmental Editor?

Dan_Today

Experienced
Joined
Oct 21, 2017
Posts
56
I wrote a short erotic story that's about 1600 words. My SO is an editor IRL and agreed to do a copy edit for me, so I'm not worried about grammar and usage.

I'm hoping that I can get somebody to read it who can give broader feedback--more of a developmental edit, say, than a copy edit. For example, I have some ideas for revisions, but I'm not sure if they'd be right for the story, so I want to bounce those kinds of ideas around.

There's a lot of volunteer editors to choose from, so I thought I'd ask here if anybody can recommend an editor who would be comfortable giving bigger picture feedback instead of proofreading.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
What are the genres?
Good question. I would say it starts out as romance and then, at the end, veers into very light BDSM. That is something I would like feedback on. I could rewrite the ending to make it more romance all the way through, and then work on another story that explores the light BDSM angle. I'm not sure if this story works on its own, though.
 
If the grammar stuff is already handled, i can go ahead and give feedback on the content. my email adress is in my profile.
 
Thanks, HeyAll. I was hoping the copy edit would happen today, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. I will send you the story once that's done. There's no hurry.
 
Back
Top