The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Yes, you are at the only real support thread in the AH and the only real contest presently running on Literotica.

Welcome to The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread
 
Highly doubt we're going to hear anything today.

In addition to the fact that there were still new stories being posted as late as the Tenth, I saw no indication of a sweep in either my score or vote totals so the hoover is still coming.

My guess would be tomorrow at the earliest.
 
I checked but haven't seen anything -- no notice of delay nor of winners.
 
So did I win? Did my A.I.R. Thanksgiving Contest winner double up and win this one? Did the PALACE finally decide to allow the readers votes to decide the winners and not back room machinations?

FYI my final results are below. I was hoping to get to 2000 votes before the contest results were announced but it looks like I’m going to end up just a little short of the target. I should have submitted it a day earlier... All in all though a pretty satisfactory response to the story over here on LITEROTICA. Thanks…


[size=+3]
Just One Night
[/size]


by scouries©

1.jpg


Just One Night Brother tells his jilted sister a Thanksgiving story.
4.67 1972 61626 Incest/Taboo (English) 12/09/12
Public Comments: 44​
 
The number of sweeps seems to have gone up slightly. Today's figures:

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 101 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 196 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 20 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 1,148 votes swept, being an average of 11 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 70. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).
 
oh no not again

who can care about contests or stories or sweeps when little children and their teachers have been shot.

I'll never understand the lack of guts in US politicians in dealing with NRA and all the other gun fanatics. They should just ban semi-automatic and automatic weapons once and for all.

Wonder if we'll see someone arguing that teachers should just be armed and trained to shoot - then this would have been prevented.

Sometimes the madness of humans just makes me want to puke...
 
who can care about contests or stories or sweeps when little children and their teachers have been shot.

I'll never understand the lack of guts in US politicians in dealing with NRA and all the other gun fanatics. They should just ban semi-automatic and automatic weapons once and for all.

Wonder if we'll see someone arguing that teachers should just be armed and trained to shoot - then this would have been prevented.

Sometimes the madness of humans just makes me want to puke...

Sorry you're upset Tim, but this is a contest thread. There is a thread dedicated to this in the GB if you want to go over there and get aggravated.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go clean my AK-47:D

As for banning those weapons?

I would only want to see it happen for one reason, and that is for all the people who want them banned to wake up and see that these crimes will continue.

BECAUSE CRIMINALS AND PSYCHO'S WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO GET THEIR HANDS ON THEM BECAUSE THEY DO NOT OBEY THE LAW IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I just can;t fathom why people don't get that. Cocaine is illegal and plenty of people are buying it. Same thing here, all your doing is taking them from people who for the most part are responsible with them.

But hey, how about those sweeps?
 
Last edited:
This message is hidden because lovecraft68 is on your ignore list.

Speaking of empty-headed gun nuts.
 
back to the top with this thread

Speaking of empty-headed gun nuts.

Hey, you peeked at LC's post, that's cheating :)

Woke up to new layer of pristine white snow, but unfortunately thaw has set in, so we'll lose the 'White Wonderland' look for Christmas.

Anyway, to all you contestants: I hope this is the day the winners get announced. Have a nice holiday.
 
My interracial story just poked through the 4 barrier- please don't tell the trolls. ;)
 
Hey, you peeked at LC's post, that's cheating :)

Woke up to new layer of pristine white snow, but unfortunately thaw has set in, so we'll lose the 'White Wonderland' look for Christmas.

Anyway, to all you contestants: I hope this is the day the winners get announced. Have a nice holiday.

No, he just calls me a gun nut because I own them and support the right for people to won them

so to small minded people like Pilot that must mean I'm a nut who condones killing.

remember if you have any opinions other than his, you're just plain wrong no matter what it is.
 
My interracial story just poked through the 4 barrier- please don't tell the trolls. ;)

Then you should never actually come out and state your score.

Then again if its a contest entry scouries will just post all the scores for target practice so, never mind.
 
[size=+3]
Just One Night
[/size]

by scouries©

I made it! [size=+2]2 0 0 0 !!![/size]. In under a week… And just in time…

So does this mean I won? Where is the winner’s announcement anyway? Weren’t they supposed to be announced yesterday? Manuuuuuuuuuu... Where are youuuuuuuu?


tumblr_m4v4wyxF511r5keleo1_500.jpg

reading a scouries story is like


Just One Night Brother tells his jilted sister a Thanksgiving story.
4.68 [size=+2]2004[/size] 63215 Incest/Taboo (English) 12/09/12
Public Comments: 44​
 
Seeing they were taking entries 3 days past the deadline I wouldn't expect an announcement until tomorrow or possibly Monday.
 
I've checked and am a little surprised there isn't at least a note about the delayed announcement. Laurel's been pretty good at that in the past. But it's a busy time of year.
 
Everything's been a couple of days behind. Wouldn't be surprised if an update didn't show up until this afternoon/evening.

I've been seeing steady, small sweeps for the last few days. A vote here, a vote there -- maybe a dozen total.

Finally rested and coherent enough from my spiking work hours after two days off to get back to "His Christmas Wish". I'd really like to finish it this weekend so I can put it in the queue to post before Christmas.

I hope. No idea how bad the queue is right now.

Also spent a pretty penny on a new computer chair. I've had the same chair ( salvaged from the local elementary school when a tornado blew it down ) for somewhere around 15-17 years. They just built things better back then. No plastic. That baby was made of metal.

It finally reached the point where the spring in the back had nothing left, and no amount of pillows could overcome the dead cushions.
 
somewhere in california...

tumblr_mdpiuw38eR1rnzt9ro1_500.jpg

LAUREL: Christ MANU, get out of the bloody pool and start sweeping the votes

MANU: No rush baby ... why don't you come in here and give the big boy a kiss?

LAUREL: Gawd! Is that all you can think of these days? We have winners to crown!

MANU: Great :rolleyes:. What is it this time? More romance and non-erotica? If this keeps up we're going to have change the name of the site.

LAUREL: Shut up!

MANU: What about lovergirl? How do you want my brooms to handle her story?

"You just leave that to me" the QUEEN answered as she slipped into the pool and started to swim towards the PRINCE....​
 
I've checked and am a little surprised there isn't at least a note about the delayed announcement. Laurel's been pretty good at that in the past. But it's a busy time of year.

I think it's gone a couple of days without anything being announced before. There have been delays across the board since before Thanksgiving. There just seems to be a slowdown for whatever reason.
 
Everything's been a couple of days behind. Wouldn't be surprised if an I hope. No idea how bad the queue is right now.

My most recent noncontest one went up in four days. The one before that in five days.
 
My most recent noncontest one went up in four days. The one before that in five days.

Absolutely want to try to finish it this weekend, then. Really don't want to fall on the weekend or Christmas week.
 
Hey, you peeked at LC's post, that's cheating :)

No, I didn't. I just knew that the nut couldn't resist answering your post with a diatribe on the right to own guns and mow his neighborhood children down with them. I assume I guessed right. ;)
 
Story voting ended yesterday. I know everyone is anxious but give them a day to run their sweeps. It was a fun ride and I was happy to see over 125 entries. Best of luck to everyone.
DG Hear:)
 
Hey, you peeked at LC's post, that's cheating :)

No, I didn't.
I assume I guessed right. ;)

Yeah, I know you didn't - and that you'd enjoy saying so ;)
And yes you were quite right about the gun defense - not that I was surprised about getting this type of response from somebody. Just wish it had stayed over here instead of swamping SINS' Sad River thread.

Also wish Laurel and Manu would hurry up with the contest closure - give us something else to think about and bitch over.
 
Back
Top