Winter Weather 2014

Boston weathermen and weather women, and other weather people, pay intense attention-
the results are that the predictions are not perfect, but they tell us what we need to know
about ice, snow, sleet, rain, and when not to go out on the highway. The idiots who think
that they know better, fuck it up for the rest of the population. That is OK. Plenty of towing.

We have what we were told that we would have- St. Peter style light weight fairy dust snow to start with. Push it away with a kitchen broom.
Second phase- New England snowman snow. Not too weighty, but sticks together just fine. Perfect for restless youngling's to enjoy Snow Day.
Third phase is out there right now- Heavy, thick, wet snow. Perfect for snow forts. Snowballs made of this will not be kind. Take caution and do
not overload your shovel.

Next phase will cause misery. The wettest snow- heavy as wet cement. Sleet is not your friend. Shovel now, or live with what you did not do.
The Arctic Blast will be back, again. It will freeze everything in place. Once, again, I did not wrap my shrubbery. I am sure that I look very silly,
shaking the snow off of them. (ha hahaha ha I look like I am giving the trees a hand job and they are spewing white stuff all over my head. )

I am hoping to the stars and universe that there will not be an ice storm. This storm has set it up, to be a perfect horror if that happens.
 
Wheeee! Black ice, sleet, snow, icy rain for the South. Alabama needs snow plows ?

Watch out for frostbite! If your fingers and toes are numb, that is not good.

All the places that frozen Northerners dream about, with their sunshine and warm days ? Nice big storm, from Texas to Massachusetts, bearing gifts of ice and snow.

Will this storm get a name ? Nice to see that some elected officials are telling the government workers and families to stay home. (from Boston playbook)

http://thenewsstar.weather.gannetto...ZipCode=71201&odyssey=mod|weathermap|umbrella

http://www.wunderground.com/US/LA/030.html
 
Our weatherman tries to make his face as serious as possible, while describing how difficult travel will be. He uses the word serious, while describing the storm.
Poor dear, he really wants people to take this storm seriously.

Why is it, that so many SUVs and trucks end up cluttering the road, when plows and salt trucks are trying to make the roads usable ? The high winds are going
to make the storm difficult for Massholes. Massachusetts drivers will get a late night surprise from this storm. Party close to home, and walk home.
 
Charlotte is getting hit hard. Suppose to have ice later today. I hope that we don't lose power.
 
sorry, gsgs, i just didn't see your thread before starting another. i'll post in this one instead :rose:
 
Typical. We will know what we are getting, when we get it. Massachusetts is just one state, but there will be something different for every region.
 
I shoveled at 5pm and again at 9pm last night

At 7 this morning I still had to shovel four or so inches and of course the two foot packed in drift at the end of my driveway courtesy or Mr Plow.
 
I live in New Brunswick, about 800 km NE of Boston and we have had about 45 centimetres since last night.

Anyone who shovels this much snow is crazy, the best $480/yr I spend here is the guy with the tractor mounted snowblower who does my driveway.
 
The Mid-West storm has found its way to Boston. We will get normal, moderate snow fall, and heavy snow.
Some wind. Whiteout ? Keep track of what will happen during tonight's commute.
 
He goes on to talk about March 1956 which still stands as one of the snowiest Marches on record. That year Boston saw over 31.2 inches of snow, much of it falling from back to back snowstorms on Saint Patrick’s Day and again on the first day of spring. The record stood for many decades until my first March in Boston, back in 1993, when 38.9 inches of snow fell. I clearly remember having to dig out my car which was parked on the streets of Brookline that year.

Today we find another cold day as we close out the month of February and get ready to begin the 3rd month. The high in Boston will likely be around 22°F or 23°F making it one of the coldest February 28th’s on record. The coldest high temperature for the day is 18°F set in 1875, one of the older records on the books.

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/weather_wisdom/2014/02/february_closes_on_a_cold_note.html
 
'Polar vortex' to blast frigid air over much of United States -- including New Orleans area

January 03, 2014

Mardi Gras 2014 weather: Are predictions for a cold, wet Fat Tuesday changing your plans?

March 03, 2014

Waking up to 27F, in Boston, is not unexpected. Unpleasant, but not unusual.

27F, in New Orleans, on Fat Tuesday ? Some areas around Boston woke up to 0F.

http://www.nola.com/mardigras/index.ssf/2014/03/
 
Is it snowing, somewhere? I can catch the scent of snow. I see stray snowflakes. Yet, it is clear and sunny here. *very cold wind*
 
With windchill, 0F in Worcester.( The city that is little sister, to Boston. )
Very cold morning for Boston, cold day for the parade.

meanwhile, in Washington DC-

Federal offices are closed today due to the snow.

Must have been a big overnight snow storm, if I could catch the scent of snow, and see
stray snow flakes over here in Boston.

Those who have been digging out all Winter long, salute you.

They gave it a name. :rolleyes:
 
Got dumped on today! March 16th..............and still coming
 
Back
Top