Bitching about Boston

(apologies, to Shakespeare enthusiasts)

He that has and a little tiny wit--
With hey, ho, the wind and the snow,--
Must make content with his fortunes fit,
For the snow, it snoweth every day.
 
Fun and games in Boston. Younglings everywhere. Parents enjoy avoiding knee deep puddles and 6 foot snowbanks, with children in tow.
Do not swear in front of them, but you can buy them socks that say "sock whore." Or a T-shirt that has Kute Fucking Sucker printed on a
gigantic pic of a kitten.Way above freezing all day. No need for gloves, mittens, hats, scarves, coats, and sweaters. Saturday will be 50F ?
 
Puppy Doe did not survive the severe and extreme abuse that was inflicted upon her.
She will get a bench, dedicated to her. The bench will be placed near a child's playground.

"Puppy Doe is the nickname that was given to the female pit bull that police say was tortured last year in a home on Whitwell Street and then abandoned near the playground on Carrolls Lane. The dog was so severely injured that she had to be euthanized."

QUINCY, Mass. —The city has approved its first-ever memorial for an animal – a park bench for Puppy Doe.

“This bench is from all of us,” said Diane O’Meara of Quincy, who proposed the bench along with Cheryl Wallace and other Puppy Doe supporters.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/quincy-to-pay-tribute-to-puppy-doe-with-memorial-bench/24678896
 
Puppy Doe did not survive the severe and extreme abuse that was inflicted upon her.
She will get a bench, dedicated to her. The bench will be placed near a child's playground.

"Puppy Doe is the nickname that was given to the female pit bull that police say was tortured last year in a home on Whitwell Street and then abandoned near the playground on Carrolls Lane. The dog was so severely injured that she had to be euthanized."

QUINCY, Mass. —The city has approved its first-ever memorial for an animal – a park bench for Puppy Doe.

“This bench is from all of us,” said Diane O’Meara of Quincy, who proposed the bench along with Cheryl Wallace and other Puppy Doe supporters.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/quincy-to-pay-tribute-to-puppy-doe-with-memorial-bench/24678896

My son still lives in Boston and is an animal lover especially dogs. He was devastated about this to the point of inflicting the same harm on the people who did it. Luckily he is past that stage.
 
Green in Boston, before Spring arrives-

The Celtics basketball team is admired by a boy who is losing his eyesight.
The boy and his father, and brother arrived at Logan, this afternoon.
Boston has great eye surgeons, that may be able to help.
In the meantime, I hope they play a good game,
and that he will have good memories.
Nice people donated money to make
this wish come true.

St. Patrick- Was he gay ? Did he have a life partner ? Did his life partner become a bishop, and a saint ?

2014 St. Patrick's Day Parade- American soldiers that are gay, want to march in the parade.
There have been arguments about this, for 20 years. The church will not protect the children
from sexual abuse. But, they will protect them from banners and T-shirts that say that being
gay is not something to be ashamed of.

"The familiar scene of Saint Patrick joyfully giving his blessing to the crowds has, sad to say, come to an end. In the footsteps of Saint Patrick, IHM (Immaculate Heart of Mary catholic school)does not condone and will not appear to condone the homosexual lifestyle," said Principal of St. Mary's, Brother Thomas Dalton.

gsgs comment-
PBS has been airing a documentary that exposes the Vatican-
the men who are having sex with each other, men who are
having sex with male prostitutes, the men who are raping
other men (and children.)

"We must stand firm with the Church which states in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, promulgated by
Pope John Paul II, that 'homosexual acts are acts of grave depravity' and 'are intrinsically disordered ...
Under no circumstances can they be approved,'" Dalton said.

gsgs comment- In that case, the Pope's administrators are enjoying committing depraved acts, on churchgoer's dimes!

http://www.wcvb.com/news/catholic-s...ston-parade-after-gay-group-admitted/24774924
 
Meanwhile, national television stations are happy to report that the Pope dropped the F-Bomb-

Pope Francis Said "Fuck" During His Weekly Blessing

To be fair, the prayer was in Italian, not Francis's native Spanish,
and the Italian word for "Fuck" ("cazzo") is close to the Italian
word "caso" ("example" or "case"), which is what the Pope
was trying to say. He quickly corrected his mistake.

(Someone should check his speeches, for pitfalls!)

The Prayer-

"If each one of us does not amass riches only for oneself, but half for the service of others, in this fuck [pause], in this case the providence of God will become visible through this gesture of solidarity," Francis told followers gathered in St Peter's Square.

Added to report-
"cazzo" technically translates to something like "dick" or "cock," though Italians most often use it to mean "fuck" (Google Translate also defines it as "fuck"). So, for the sake of accuracy: Pope Francis either said "fuck" or "cock" during his weekly blessing on Sunday.

http://gawker.com/pope-francis-said-fuck-during-his-weekly-blessing-1535091265
 
Not this year ?

Organizers of the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day parade have revoked their invitation to a gay rights advocacy group to march with them on March 16.

On Wednesday MassEquality Exec. Director Kara Coredini released a statement:

“We are extremely disappointed with the South Boston Allied War Veterans Council’s decision yesterday to continue their long history of banning LGBT people from marching openly in the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade.”

http://www.whdh.com/story/24896384/lgbt-group-reacts-to-parade-decision

In a statement released Tuesday, the parade organizers, the South Boston Allied War Veterans Council, claimed they were “misled” by the group calling themselves LGBT Veterans of Equality, which is an affiliate of Mass Equality.

“This application was conditionally approved as submitted with the understanding that These 20 Veterans can march but no sexual orientation would be displayed, “ organizers said in their statement.

But the invitation was rejected when, organizers claim, the LGBT group didn’t have 20 veterans ready to march, but simply one veteran and 19 LGBT supporters.

“(It) was made clear to us that the LGBT Veterans for Equality do not have 20 United States Veterans who wish to march. Rather, they presented only one supposed Veteran and a group of others carrying rainbow flags. When asked about a Color Guard, their (lone) Veteran replied that he wasn’t sure he could supply any more Veterans willing to march,” organizers said.

“It is our belief that the application submitted to us by LGBT Veterans for Equality was a ploy by them to enter this parade under false pretenses and is hereby denied.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...ers-take-back-invitation-to-gay-rights-group/

Boston's new mayor is still hopeful?

http://www.edgenewengland.com/news/local/News//156180/boston_parade_organizers_bar_gay_group
 
A horrible creature, that looks like a man- will get another day in court, in 2015
He slaughtered two people in the most horrible and brutal manner.
He killed a young person in a ghastly and heartless manner.

He ran away from his responsibilities in Massachusetts. He led a life of crime.
Break ins and bank robberies. He ran away from the South when he
knew he would be made to pay for all of his crimes.

He ran to the North where compassion and common sense, rule.
He used no common sense or compassion when dealing with his victims.

He ripped two decent men apart with a knife, until they died. He ended a youngling's life in a heartless manner.

Why ? Because he wanted their cars. He did not have to kill these people.

Now we are supposed to weep for him, and indulge him, because he has a non-life threatening health concern.

The Massachusetts court system gave him justice at the expense of his victims.
His crimes were so evil, the death penalty was brought out.
His victim's relatives had to endure his appeals for years.

Massachusetts court systems does things strictly by the numbers.
No screw ups, to undo all the serious work that was done.
No room for reproach.

He wants everything his way.

He will not get his way.

He confessed.

He did it.
 
gsgs comment-

The religious organization, with the highest number of homosexuals, the highest count of sexual abuse, greed and corruption-

Convinces people to discriminate against people who are LBGT.

March 16, 2014

The last offer- LBGT will be allowed to march in the St. Patrick's parade, if they dress plainly, carry no signs or banners.

Negotiations Over Gay Marchers At Standstill On Eve Of Southie Parade

“I am waiting for some phone calls back, but we are close. But like I said, if the parade is not inclusive and people can’t express who they are, then I will not be marching,” Walsh said.

Earlier this week after nearly 10 years of involvement, big-time supporter Boston Beer Co., brewer of Sam Adams beer, pulled its sponsorship for the parade.

Bitter divide over Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade

South End restaurant Club Café had announced it wouldn't serve brews from Boston Beer Company – which manufactures Sam Adams – until the company said on Friday that it would pull sponsorship from the parade, which does not allow marchers to openly identify as gay.

Now a Southie bar is boycotting Sam Adams because they're unhappy with the company's decision to drop its parade sponsorship.

"They're fired, as far as I'm concerned," said Tommy Flaherty, Jr., the co-owner of the Cornerstone Pub. "If they're not going to support the veterans, and they're not going to support South Boston, well, they can sell their beer elsewhere."

Flaherty said he thought it was disingenuous of the Boston Beer Company to pull its sponsorship so late.

"If some silly issue is going to get them to pull support from our neighborhood, I don't see us doing business with them again," he said.

The Boston Beer Company said in a statement that it is disappointed that an agreement could not be reached between the gay rights advocacy group MassEquality and parade organizers that would have allowed a group of gay veterans to march.

Walsh, who said he will march if an agreement is reached, told NewsCenter5 on Saturday that the Boston Beer Company's stand was "courageous."

"I commend Sam Adams," Walsh said. "It's a courageous stand, because they have a lot of business."

A 1995 U.S. Supreme Court decision ruled that the South Boston Allied War Veterans Council could include or exclude whichever groups it wanted. The parade, one of the largest St. Patrick's Day parades in the nation, draws as many as 1 million spectators to South Boston.

MassEquality said in a statement Saturday that the group hopes to march while flying a rainbow flag and a banner identifying marchers as LGBT.

"We appreciate that the Mayor is committed to marching only if the LGBT community can march openly, and that he is still fighting for that," the group said. "We hope that is the case tomorrow."

Walsh said that even if an agreement cannot be reached between parade organizers and LGBT groups, he believes progress has been made.

"I think this year there has been a lot of steps toward that, toward the full inclusion," he said. "It's a question of fairness and I can't understand why in 2014 we're still having this discussion, this debate."

Thank you, The Boston Channel
 


Is there anybody up in New England who believes that this February's temperatures were "near average?"





screen-shot-2014-03-18-at-1-24-26-pm.png



 
ugh

MBTA passengers who are used to getting off at the Government Center subway station in downtown Boston will have to change their routine for the next couple of years.

The station is closing on Saturday for renovations and is not scheduled to reopen until the spring of 2016.

During the shutdown, trains will continue to pass through the station but will not stop.

Passengers who normally transfer from the Green Line to the Blue Line at Government Center will have several other options, but the T recommends that that they continue to Haymarket Station and transfer there to the Orange Line southbound, then transfer to the Blue Line at the State station.

Blue Line riders are advised to transfer to the Orange Line northbound at State, then to the Green Line at Haymarket.

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2014/03/major_boston_subway_stop_to_cl.html
 
The highway to the Far North is clogged with vehicles. Last chance to ski ?
Spring migration to open the summer cabin ? Running away from a house
that still does not have electricity ? Running away from yet another flood,
that will fill the basement/ cellar ? Ah, New England, The Land of Soggy.
 
Emergency Alert TROLL System
This is a test, and only a test
We are required to do this by our loverly Government
Please enjoy this horrible screech, while you wait
for you preferred television program to resume-

TV Companies communicate with Cable TV customers-
"We aired it during your favorite show, and you missed three minutes."

You mad, bro ? *big evil cheesy TROLL grin*

"We cannot air the Testing of the Emergency Alert TROLL System, any other time.
We need that time to air commercials.
TV company executives need bonuses."

TV marketing companies pay good money, while you TV watching leeches only pay for cable TV service.

But, as we are a business, a corporation, and a person, we get to choose.
We also get to be hypocrites-
We will use the obnoxious screech noise, to our benefit.

JOEL ROSE, BYLINE: We're not allowed to play the screechy emergency alert tone on the radio, or we could get fined, too. But if you go to YouTube, you can clearly hear it in this trailer for the movie, "Olympus Has Fallen."

(SOUNDBITE OF MOVIE, "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN")

MORGAN FREEMAN: (as Speaker Trumbull) Today, we make our stand.

UNIDENTIFIED MAN: Olympus Has Fallen. Rated R.

ROSE: Now the FCC is making its stand. The agency wants to punish Viacom, NBCUniversal and ESPN with fines totaling $1.9 million for broadcasting the commercial dozens of times in March of last year. The FCC says the broadcasters argued that the trailer was clearly an ad, and that no one would mistake it for an actual emergency. But the agency felt differently. And it's not alone.

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/04/28558...ompanies-for-misuse-of-emergency-alert-system
 
on Greater Boston TV show- (PBS)

"Knights!": A local museum gives us a new way to see arms and armor.

The Worcester Art Museum inherited a world-class array of arms and armor from the Higgins Armory Museum. A fraction of the pieces are now on display in a new show, "Knights!" and it's full of surprises, explained WGBH News arts editor Jared Bowen.

Greater Boston Video: Worcester Art Museum Relives Medieval Times

(gsgs comment- a bit of erotica ? with armor ? somewhat disturbing, but enlightening -
the legacy of arms and armor- death, violence, weapons with a capacity to be....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Aisknyv-SY&list=UUx_SjDi4CS5ALkWCS9ffldQ


Higgins Armory Museum, closed- Not enough cash could be raised to keep the collection, or the old building in good shape.

Worcester Art Museum gave the collection a home, and a place for it to shine.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/the...mory-museum/94gBGr4N6sGztP6RslJU1J/story.html

"Upstairs, in the Knights Gallery, he pointed out a blackened, battered knee guard dating to 1400 that he said is “tremendously rare.” Downstairs, he showed off a two-handed sword, dating to 1300 Germany, made of steel and iron with a brass inlay. He acquired the sword in 2008."

“Higgins wasn’t all that interested in swords and that’s always been a problem for us,” said Forgeng. “Visitors, when they come here, expect to see swords.”

As a girl in the 1950s, Rindy Higgins remembers hanging out at the museum with her grandfather. She said she has made peace with the museum’s closing and, beyond that, knows it is inevitable.

“I just felt that it was started by a Higgins and the final closing, the tying of the knot, should be a Higgins,” she said. “There’s great pride, the joyful memories. There’s also a sadness, obviously, and it’s sort of part of the grieving process to be able to say goodbye.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...mory-museum/3tBXvV6CpwS1JBf6AZimEM/story.html
 
I took the bus, all the way home. Downtown Crossing is a mess. The workmen are watching all the girls who are strolling bye.

*a middle finger and a Jersey raspberry, to Vornado the Tornado, the greedy arseholes*
 
Near frozen temperatures. Near frozen rain. Be careful, when driving. Black ice is a possibility.

Tick tick tick The frozen rain drops hit the glass.
 
Today-

Worcester District Attorney Joe Early announced Friday that a body found in Sterling
matched the height and weight of missing Fitchburg five-year-old Jeremiah Oliver.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/04/police_investigating_homicide.html

"The body was covered in a blanket-like object."

Jeremiah Oliver was last seen by relatives on Sept. 14, but prosecutors did not learn that the little boy was missing until Dec. 2, when his 7-year-old sister told counselors at her Fitchburg school that she and her siblings were being abused by her mother’s boyfriend and that she had not seen Jeremiah for weeks.

They lied, and lied and lied-

Documents in the case reviewed Tuesday shed little light on the charges and how they might be related to the case against Jeremiah’s mother, Elsa Oliver, and her boyfriend, Alberto L. Sierra, who have been charged in Jeremiah’s disappearance.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...miah-oliver/FEXUPqXC1RSX8lp4LyE8kK/story.html
 
The turkey boys are wearing their angry red. The aggression hormones are flooding their systems.

It may feel as cold as Winter, outside. But, it is Spring inside their turkey hearts and turkey gonads.

Not a good time to choose to assert your rights, as human male, and Lord of all you survey.

(Speak softly, wear good armor, and carry a really big stick ?)
 
April showers, bring house fires (Started by lightning.) Since when ?

Boston TV stations have taken to copying FOX TV. Everything is red, white, and blue.

Soon, FOX TV will not have a way to express how they are so very much more Patriotic than everyone else.
 
gsgs comment- What is on my mind

The scientist arrives, the scientist searches. The scientist is focused on a task, with the library of knowledge, that he/she carries with him/her. The scientist carries away a "discovery." The space that the scientist works in, is not their home. The scientist has no emotional attachment to the space that he/she invades. The "discovery" that the scientist has made, is a piece of the fabric, of a culture- seamless for 20,000 years. The culture has traditions and deep beliefs. The scientists does not share in these deep beliefs and traditions.

The scientist violates a sacred boundary- The scientist does not approach the space, with the attitude that a member of the tribe, does. The tribe member "knows better" than that. The tribe member knows that there are consequences, for him/her. And, yet, a tribe member will disturb a burial site of a tribe that is more ancient than his/her own culture, by accident.
Are there consequences, because of tradition and belief ?

There are tales, about European people claiming land for their homes, and suffering the consequences, for disturbing a sacred site.
Europeans have their own beliefs and traditions, about death, and the spirits of the dead. Is there a manifestation, because the beliefs and traditions, intersect ?

Sacred Places/ Protected Spaces/

Belief Systems/ Superstition/ Supernatural Presences/ Traditions of Taboo/ Fear of the Unknown and Unexplained

Shared Experiences/ Shared Memory/ Jung's Exploration of Human Consciousness

Spaces Put Aside for the Remains of the Dead
*********************************************
MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS AND HUMAN BURIALS

Valerie A. Talmage

The ethical concerns about archaeological excavation have been articulated most clearly by the Native American community. In Massachusetts the state's Commission on Indian Affairs has been the spokesman for the native point of view. It has stated that Indians feel that burials of their ancestors should be assured equality under the law and should be treated with the same respect and dignity normally given to Anglo-American burial places. Many Indians feel that excavations of burials are actions which desecrate sacred grounds, and that archaeological work is simply another example of how the civil rights of American Indians are abused. Indians also feel that if a burial has been excavated, the remains should be reburied so that the ceremonial intent of the original interment can be recaptured and protected.

Most archaeologists feel they are conducting a scientific study which would be to the benefit of the modern Indian community. Archaeologists and physical anthropologists can provide otherwise unobtainable information about the lifeways of Indian ancestors. The physical skeleton holds little spiritual value to archaeologists, who see the bones they excavate as repositories of information.

The archaeologist's scientific attitude towards skeletal remains is not shared by the general public, which tends to view the excavation of human burials as ghoulish. For instance, a recent television report of vandalism at a Massachusetts cemetery condemned the action, not just for being illegal, but as being "sick". Many people feel uneasy about archaeological excavations of burials. Many archaeologists themselves are uncomfortable in excavating historic period skeletal remains. The ethical problems which confront any scientist involved in studies of human beings are directly posed for archaeologists in the context of investigations of human burial.

The discovery of a Woodland period single interment on Nantucket (Turchon, this issue) triggered a review of the legal bases of burial protection and excavation in Massachusetts. The Nantucket burial was soon followed by the discovery of an ossuary in Wellfleet (Bradley et al., this issue), which has been succeeded to date by eight additional reports of human burials, both native and non-native.

Only the Nantucket burial was located by archaeologists in the course of field work. Five of the discoveries, including the Wellfleet ossuary, were found accidentally during some kind of construction project. The remaining finds were made by private (non-archaeological) citizens and were discovered in erosional contexts. Only four of the burials were native, although one of these four was the ossuary, containing upwards of fifty individuals. Finally, in only three cases were the burials left in situ prior to contacting the State Archaeologist; other burials were excavated by non-archaeologists, including police, construction crews and children, and brought to the attention of archaeologists after the fact.

The Massachusetts Legislature has never directly addressed the legal and ethical questions raised by the discovery and recovery of ancient burials. The laws which apply are confusing and in some parts contradictory. However, two sentiments are clearly expressed in Massachusetts legislation: (1) the Massachusetts General Laws recognize the right of individuals to an undisturbed place of burial, and (2) the state Antiquities Act is designed as much to regulate archaeologists behavior as to protect sites.

Archaeologists should be aware that the legislature has not convincingly recognized the scientific or archaeological interests in burials, although the public interest in protecting the spiritual values of burial places and interments is well founded in law. Furthermore, the legislature has expressed concern that archaeological work needs regulation to ensure that field investigations are in the public interest. Archaeological "rights" to excavate burials are not legally recognized.

http://www.tauntonriver.org/massgenburial.htm
 
Back
Top