Combing a Desert Far Far Away (Closed)

Dreamwalker85

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 4, 2012
Posts
1,114
(Closed for SwanLake)

Tattooine. Even a 141 years after the Battle Yavin, the events in Star Wars Episode IV, it was still a hot unforgiving planet that welcomed all manner of person since it was under Hutt rule. Once Jabba had passed ages ago another Hutt was quick to move in the void he left. The planet changed hands a few times over the years, but the underworld was always ruled by a Hutt. They may have been giant fat, slug-like creatures, but they were efficient giant, fat, slug-like creatures. Plus they always had a bunch of resources at their fingertips.

Throughout the years the planet expanded. There were more moisture farms out in the boonies. Mos Eisley had made a couple of additions thanks to settlers that came into the planet and decided not to leave. At night Tusken Raiders could be heard in the distance, and if there was something metal and shiny to salvage the Jawa would have been there. In short it really hadn’t changed much just grew a little here and there.

Walking into town was a sight that made more than a few people stop and look. A dark brown robe covered most of the man’s frame, but only one type of person dressed like that. Everyone knew the type of person that dressed like that. Only a Jedi dressed like that.

Peeking out from the outer robes were a set of inner robes that were light brown as opposed to the traditional white. His boots matched the color of the outer robes. Unlike most jedi dark brown gloves covered his hands. What could be seen from his face was human. The body frame was clearly male, that much was certain. What part of his flesh did show was the bottom part of his face. That gave little to work with as he could have been mid to late twenties or a very well kept man in his forties.

While the lightsaber didn’t show, but everyone presumed it was there. A jedi without their trademark weapon would have been like a smuggler without a good blaster at the hip. It just didn’t happen. Everyone continued to stare. Seeing a young boy stare the Jedi smiled and let more of his face show. He winked at the little one then continued on his way.

The reason why the Jedi was out in these parts was because of something that pinged to him. A familiar tug of another force user that was out there, when he first felt it was just before resting. It was feint. Part of that could have been the distance as his ship floated in the system, but he was a few clicks away from Tattooine atmosphere. Some of it could have been the strength or lack thereof this user had in the force. There were too many variables to be certain.

One of the good things about tracking people with the force was the imprint it left. Like a fingerprint when people used the force it was unique. How the force wrapped around an individual, moved through them, the whole thing created a unique signature to that one specific person. Masters and Students may have felt similar, but personal differences always shone through eventually. This was how users of the force were able to tell certain friends and enemies were near.

Walking past the all of the shops, barters and the like the jedi continued and slipped into a building. Chalmun’s Cantina hadn’t changed much. People still had to walk through a doorway that had a couch that often held someone big and scary just eyeing those that entered. An archway past that lead to the main room where the bar started at the center of a wall went outward and curved back like a giant U separating the tender from the patrons. Several smaller rooms were around the main room. Each had an archway that led to the private booths that weren’t completely cut off from the main room, but it gave the illusion of privacy. If someone whispered low enough or spoke in code they could have had private dealings. This wasn’t entirely uncommon.
Music rumbled from the musician’s small pit. People started at the man in dark brown robes. Ignoring the looks the jedi went through an archway and sat himself down at a booth. When a serving droid came up to him the Jedi placed his order in galactic common, “Sonic Screw driver.” Chirps and noises left the droid’s various motors and servos. Nodding the Jedi placed a credit chip down. The drink was overpriced, but he paid enough for it and left a sizable tip, “For the tender working today.”

More chirps left the droid and suddenly a glass went into the R-Unit’s serving base. Ice followed before a colorful liquid came down. On tattooine it was blue. Other planets the drink had different colors. On places near Hoth it was green. Going away from the core planets it was a pinkish purple, further out it became red.

A Sonic Screwdriver was a fruity alcoholic cocktail. The liquor never changed, but to maintain a similar taste it was a slave to local fruits. Sometimes it had more of a berry taste, these usually caused the pink and red colors, other times it took on fruits that could have adapted a tropical like taste. These planets the color was green. Some even claimed a yellow Sonic Screwdriver existed if someone ordered one on the right planet.

Extending a small robotic hand toward the jedi the serving droid waited. With a small and a nod of gratitude a brown gloved hand snagged the drink. The Jedi’s plan was simple. Wait at the Cantina for as long necessary when the force user pinged then he was going to find the source directly. Chamlun’s just served as place to get out of the heat.
 
"Once I had been the child they wanted." Evrim looked at herself and knew her words to be true. Years ago when she was much younger she had listened to their words and lived by them, accepted them as only a child could as nothing but truth but a child grows and as a child grows they start to learn on their own.

Arkania, a frozen and unforgiving world. How appropriate that the Arkanians would make it home when it was so much like themselves. The planet was a lie, the Arkanians changed it to make it livable, protecting themselves from the cold. When you visited it you were shielded from the nature of the planet but not from the nature of it's inhabitants. Arkanians demanded every manor of respect and gave none out, feeling that they shouldn't have to as they are the pinnacle of evolution. They even went as far as creating Offshoots to do the work they thought themselves too good to do. Treating their creations as lesser being, as they treated every other species in the galaxy. Which really was no surprise.

But as a child Evrim was blind to it all. Deaf to the lies, unaware of the schemes and illusions of supremacy. It wasn't until she when off world for the first time did she understand. Thing had been so different, the people who lived on the other planet had looks that barely contained their thoughts. That was the first question; "Why do they look at us with hate?" These Offshoots weren't the worked miners of Arkania, they were free or slaved people with more hatred then fear. Of course those that she had come with took little to no notice of the difference of the people and their mannerisms.

It opened her eyes and when she got home she started to pay attention. That attention turned her whole world and the person that her parents had set her on to be.

Evrim had always been a little different. She had a bad habit as her parents called it of making choices by feeling by going with what felt right and not with the logic placed in front of her. While many that shared her age and status enjoyed the puzzles of mind games and strategic role playing, Evrim tended towards more active activities. She had watched the guardsmen train and spar on occasion and from afar would mimic their movements until an age that she finally approached the training grounds. They had rejected her at first but she was persistent and soon even they could not see a reason for her not being there. That she always in the end seemed to get her way, save for her parents, had been brought to mind a few times in her lifetime. Many times it took multiple attempts but once or twice there had been a moment of dazed reflection on the other person's part before reconsidering in her favor.

Her parents hadn't been happy with the slow change that they saw in their daughter but that had been years before and now at the age that Evrim was at they didn't have enough of a hold on her to force her to be who they wanted her to be. She knew too much about their lie, the act of arrogance and abuse towards other races. That wasn't the person Evrim wanted to be and as they saw their daughter slip they grew colder and were around even less then they had been before.

"Agch." The reflection in the mirror cringed in pain and fell to her knees. "Deep breaths." These mind numbing jolts of pain were becoming more frequent and prolonged. When before as a child she would sleep and the pain would go away there would only be haunted shadows and growling yips in the darkness of her dreams. The only thing that seemed to help was training, sparing with the men that protected the mines and the cargo but even that was become more pain then it was worth. Just months ago she had been nearly untouchable but now it seemed like she was always a second too soon or a second too late. Even the feelings that she had once relied on had abandoned her in the development of the pain.

Shiver racked the young woman's body and for a moment all she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and surrender to it but there was something akin to a voice that cautioned her against it. She didn't know that voice from her own but followed it believing it to be worse not to.

On shaking legs Evrim stood up and faced her reflection with her head held high as her mind raced to recall the formula of evolution as seen by the Arkanians. When she neared the end and the pain became bearable she left her room. She knew her parents wanted to see her in the labs but it had been months since she had even stepped thought the doors and like any day before her she found her lesser friends and joined them in sparing.
 
The Jedi stayed on Tattooine for a while. People eyed him. A good chunk of the room eyed him because of the robes. Another chunk eyed him because of the drink. Keeping his focus he tried to find the source of what made him ping. Sadly it never came. Frowning a little the jedi had eventually decided to leave. How he passed the time consisted of paying for a few meals. A few games of solitary sabac helped too.

When the Jedi rose no one had seen his face. For the entire time he refused to remove the hood of his outer robe. He was just as much of a mystery entering the place as he was leaving it. Calmly walking out of the Cantina he moved down quiet streets and turned into an alleyway that opened into a small alcove.

The sound of a blaster pistol cocking back could barely be heard before a gravelly voice spoke firmly in galactic common, “Reach for the sky Jedi.”
“Slowly,” a soft voice added in ridorian.

The Jedi couldn’t help but smile as he turned with hands up. “You got me,” the voice didn’t sound defeated. They were able to determine he wasn’t in his forties. It lacked a certain amount of a distinguished nature.

As the two approached the Jedi to remove his lighter saber he reached out into the force. Both of them felt a jerk as something pulled hard on their blaster pistols. They pair laughed as the weapons didn’t leave their hands.
“Not that strong in the force are-“ the gravelly voice, which belonged to a Duros spoke, but a sight cut him off.

Horror ran through the face of his female Twi’lek partner.

Spinning around the Jedi’s left hand were the blaster cartridges to the two weapons that were on him. He effectively removed the ammo from their weapons.

With a soft smile the Jedi replied, “I manage to get by.” His right hand then reached downward, grabbed at his saber and a hiss echoed in the alcove as a blue blade came to life. “Now, you two should turn around and we can all pretend like this didn’t happen.”

The blade flashed and sparks flew. Both guns were now missing their barrels as the Jedi punctuated his point. “Shoo. We don’t need to end this in violence. Shoo. Shoo,” the Jedi spoke. His pair of would be attackers ran the other way.
Sighing with relief the Jedi turned off the weapon then let the cartridges drop onto the desert sand. Putting the blade on his sash the Jedi turned and continued on his way. Some Jedi had the ability to use the force to carry boulders like they were pebbles. One after another after another could have been picked up, set down, hurled, and dropped without a care. That wasn’t him. He was able to use the force in many ways, but he was more of a blade man.

Quietly he eventually walked toward his ship that waited diligently on the planetary hangar. There was no other incident. As the gangplank opened for him he smiled, “Hello Crystal. I missed you too.” Crystal was the name of his ship. It was short for Ice Crystal. He had a modified J-1 Shuttle, commonly referred to in the galaxy as the “Jedi Shuttle.” Laser canons had been placed at the end of Crystal’s wings so the shuttled acted more like a fighter, some of the rooms were given up to not only compensate for the new added weight to the ship, but to make it maneuver faster than other J-1s as it was lighter by comparison. Plus Crystal had tossed away the standard green paintjob for a light grey with ice blue accents. When the ship streaked into hyperspace it almost looked like an ice crystal streaked through the sky, hence the name.
Loud “vrrts” echoed in the hangar as the gangplank closed. The Jedi moved through his ship until he made it to one of the cockpit chairs. Before sitting down he removed his outer robes then draped them over the back of the chair. Sitting down he began to unravel his gloves and the wraps that went around his hands.

His light blue eyes caught his reflection. A young face that wasn’t older than thirty-five. He was thirty-three. Light brown hair that was slicked back and long enough to tie back into a ponytail. In fact his pony tail was so long it touched the middle of his back. Parts of it were sectioned off in other ties so the hair almost looked like it was in a braid.

“Master Oullego,” a robotic voice chimed.

The Jedi groaned as the E3PO protocol poked inside the cockpit, “I told you to call me Kayin. No need for the formal stuff,” Kayin the Jedi Master spoke.

“It’s that kind of attitude and your sarcasm that prevents you from sitting on a council, Master,” the robot retorted trying to defend proper etiquette.

“Oooooooh no. Anything but that. I’d sit in a comfy chair all day and probably be bored after three years of philosophical talk that probably became extremely uninteresting. I love it, but I probably couldn’t do it day in and day out between council business. I’m fine where I’m at,” Kayin said with a smile toward the droid. Turning forward the Jedi strapped himself in and prepped the ship for takeoff.

Awkwardly the protocol droid got into the pilot seat next to him. It even strapped in. “Did you find what you were looking for in Mos Eisley?”

“Negative, E. Big waste of time mixed in with one tasty drink and a few meals that were meh,” Kayin’s hand wavered back and forth in a so-so fashion.

“I’m sorry to hear. What will you do now?”

The Jedi’s brows rose and fell. Closing his eyes he focused and started the ship off. All Kayin could have done was trust in the force. A random direction was picked and Crystal went off in that direction diligently. “We’ll find out together,” he replied as the ship broke Tattooine atmosphere.

Days passed as the ship traveled by planets and systems. A few stops were made to restock on supplies and fuel, but the Jedi stayed forward on his path that was nothing more than drifting. Eventually that ping struck him. He was nearly falling asleep at the cockpit and the signal caused him to jolt away. His blue eyes looked forward and they saw the planet Arkania.

A sigh escaped his lips. Despite all the excitement he couldn’t tear his thoughts away from one thing: the cold. Arkania was known for cold climates and cities that were formed to keep the cold at bay. He had to bare going between point A and point B. Sighing he got up and wrapped his hands up again this time in heavier dark brown wraps and gloves. Stroking the robe, that was draped over the chair yet again, Kayin went forward and put on its heavier brother.

Moving back toward the cockpit he hailed the planet, “Arkania docking station this is Master Oullego. This is a request to land as I wish to trade and resupply in your lovely towns. Over,” he said softly.

Arkania wasn’t against tourist and strangers, but everyone had to request permission to land. Once he got a docking bay Kayin set Crystal down. Getting out he gave a wave to E, “Keep it safe for me.” Out on the hangar he reached out with the force trying to read who had been catching his attention for some time now. Deep down the Jedi Master hoped he was closer to finding the source this time.
 
Thack. Thump. Thunk. Crack!

Bucket help up the splinter staff, wagging his hand in the air as he bit off pain filled curses.

The smile on Evrim's face was one of pure delight. It had taken a while but with complete focus Evrim had found her grove, almost. Her timing hiccuped every once and a while and things still seemed to be beyond her reach but it was more or less back to normal. Still racked with head aches but at least she had gotten used to them so they didn't feel so bad.

"Again." Bucket hissed catching the half staves that Thumper tossed him.

"Bring it." Evrim sassed twirling the staff around her body. Today was her day and she felt it.

The battle between the two friends, what one gained the other took and back and forth it went. Evrim only had eyes for Bucket, he was her target and she wasn't going to lose to him.

"AHHH!"

Evrim had been so focused on Bucket that she missed Height attacking from behind and it jarred her, the shock and fear causing her to whirl around and hit him square in the chest with her hand. With the opening she gave Bucket by turning she felt the double smack on her back and behind her knees but it was Height that had everyone's attention. He laid unconscious on the ground nearly ten feet away.

"Woah." Whistled Moon checking on her second in command. "He's out cold."

"What the hell happened?" Bucket asked as the training group gathered around Height.

"Evrim hit him and he went flying." Answered Thumper.

It had been all the group could talk about for the last few days.

"That was some Jedi shit." Bucket argued again for the hundredth time.

"Yeah maybe in a galaxy far, far away." Evrim shook her head tired of hearing it. "But in this reality Jedi's don't exist anymore. When was the last time you heard anything about the Jedi order or any of it's masters or just plain anything?"

"My cousin saying that they are just in hiding." Bucket countered.

"Wait, the cousin who thinks he's a reincarnation of a warrior princess?" Evrim raised her eyebrows in questioning making sure she had the whole picture.

"Eh!" Bucket frowned and threw up his hands in frustration. "The only other option was that it was a fluke and how boring is that?"

Evrim shrugged her shoulders and said what came to her mind. "It's the more logical of the two."

"How Arkanian of you." Teased Height not at all bothered by what had happened days ago.

Hiding a laugh Evrim stood before her best friend and waved a hand in front of his face. "You want to give me your blaster collection. You want to give me your blaster collection."

A dazed look swept over Bucket's face. "I- I want to give you my blaster collection." Bucket mumbled. His voice monotone and flat.

"What?!?!" Height spat, choking on the coffee he had just taken a sip of. Height had been working for years to buy the collection as a whole or even just a piece or two but Bucket stood fast on not parting with his collection. Bucket's blaster collection was his most prized possession.

"When Mustafar freezes over." Bucket continued breaking the daze on his face with an evil laugh.

All Evrim could do was glare. For a moment there she had thought.... "Damn you Bucket." She snarled punching her friend in the arm.

"I think we have Evrim's new name." Laughed Moon.

The group as a whole nodded and clapped Evrim on the shoulder. "We knight you, Jedi."

"You guys suck." Frowned Evrim knowing that each name was a story and never one that made it's owner proud.

"Well you needed a name before you went off planet with us." Pointed out Height.

"Come on, we have to go over the latest plans for the outgoing shipment." Moon was the security commander of third port and she ran her area like a hyper wired droid. "Get changed out and lets meet up in the war room." A nickname for the old storage room that Moon took over when she became security commander.

As much as Evrim's parents wanted her to be something else, she just couldn't and joining the security branch of the work force insured that there would be more chanced for her to leave the frozen planet and maybe then she could find somewhere else far, far away where she could live her own life.

This was the first day of the life path that she picked out for herself. "I feel the Evrim I want to be." She spoke to the reflection of herself as she dressed for the meeting unaware that her life was about to change again.
 
Master Oullego had made himself at home on the ice planet. Going between building to building the man in the robes really played up to the tourist angle. People watched him. They stared.

Each shop was given a friendly wave and he browsed. Some places tried to up their prices too much. They saw him turn away. Places that were willing to be fair with him. They even managed to get a tip from the Jedi because he felt their kindness needed a reward.

Restaurants were dined in. He was just taking in all of the sights with an overzealous zeal people thought the robed man was just some weird eccentric with money and not a Jedi. His light saber was hidden under the outer robes that he made form around him.

Stories even started to circulate about what the guy was doing on the cold planet. Some people guessed he was looking for a lover Other called him so eccentric he was here due to craziness. The list went on.

In truth he went to so many places trying to find the source. Master Oullego was here for one reason and it wasn't showing up on his personal radar. Sighing he checked so many places before going toward the security wing it was sad.

How he even made it to the idea was just a familiar tug of the force. Going into the wing the man in browns just kept looking. Something had to set up by someone infused with the force. Still, at least it was easier to weed out the potential student int he security wing rather than going all over the place without much of a plan. Now it was just a matter of fidinging this person that had touched upon the force.
 
"Dang." Whistled Moon as Evrim walked into the war room. "Look at you."

"You look like one of us lower beings." Nodded Height.

Bucket shook his head in disagreement. "More like some Offshoot trying to look like a Pure Blood."

"What are you guys trying to say?" Evrim shifted her weight and faked anger. "That only out of a lab coat do I look normal?" That wasn't the point they were trying to make but truthfully Evrim felt uncomfortable that they reacted this way just by an outfit change.

Height shrugged, Moon nodded and Bucket only laughed. "Pretty much Princess."

"I thought it was Jedi." Sassed Evrim taking the only open seat left at the large table.

As much as Evrim had been looking forward to traveling off planet with the next shipping security team, the meeting was beyond boring and many time throughout the session drifting off. Sure she still hear Moon's voice as background noise but she wasn't at all mentally involved with the conversation. Instead she found herself thinking about the impossibilities of life, of her life.

There had been a time in her life, as she was sure there was one in every child's life, where they considered a life as the romanticized Jedi. Of flying around in ships only the rich could realistically possess. Be able to harness the power of the force and use it to better the life of those around you, helping the defenseless and wielding a lightsaber. But in her lifetime, in the part of the galaxy that she lived in Jedis were taught as a part of history and with that realization came the death of her Jedi dreams.

On the table nearest to her was an odd collection of knickknacks found from all over the planet and one rock in particular caught her attention. So much so that the noise of Moon's voice faded away and her vision narrowed to only the rock. It was crazy but for a second Evrim could almost hear the rock. There was a life energy to it and Evrim reached out her hand to grab it, her reach falling short a couple of inches.

'Damn it.' For no reason that seemed sane the possession of that rock became Evrim's number one priority. It wasn't about the upcoming security run she had been invited to, a trial run to see if she could handle it as a job. It wasn't even about her life and the path she wanted for it. Only the rock mattered and the more she thought about the rock the more important it became. 'If only...'

"SHIT!" Evrim jumped out of her seat rock in hand unsure if what she just saw was real or not. A hundred reasons told her that it wasn't and even explanations then reasonings told her what had really happened but Evrim was unsure and stared at the rock in her hand.

"What the hell Jedi!" Moon snapped, her face stern and tone just as unhappy with the interruption.

Evrim opened and closed her mouth unsure of what to say. "I- I mean the rock-" She tried showing the other three the typical plain faceted rock.

Height tiled his head to the side before looking over to Bucket. "It's a rock."

"No it moved."

Bucket shrugged just as lost as Height was. "When?"

"Just now." Evrim looked up from the rock and took quick notice of the look on her friend's faces. "I have to go."

"But we're not done!" Moon shouted to the fleeing back of Evrim.

"What was that about." Asked Height.

"A rock, I think."

Being outside didn't really make her feel better as she wasn't truly outside was she. No, she was just locked in a contained environment, a cage, a prison. "I have to get out of here." Evrim was on the edge of panicking. The air felt heavy and her body felt hot. Her mind raced with too many thoughts at once and the noise of it was giving her a headache. "What the hell." Never in Evrim's life had she felt so lost and it was all this stupid rock's fault. Her fear turned to anger and without even looking Evrim hurled the moving rock as far from herself as she could hope to throw it.

A stack of empty crates gave Evrim a moment of sanity as she took refuge in it's shadows and peace. Was she going out of her mind. Was this a result of defying her parents and not following with their wishes for her life? Without the answer to her questions she just kept asking them over and over in different wordings. It same questions and the same results. It really was insanity.
 
Going into the security wing wasn't too hard for the Jedi. Unfortunately it meant going into the shadows and he readied himself for the eventually mindtrick. Why everything in the force was guiding him here was a mystery, but it was a mystery he trusted. The force worked in clandestine ways. That was just how it would always be.

Peeking out from the shadows he did not expect a uniformed security office to be here. Anger crossed the guards face. For a second Oullego studied the man. He had a good three inches on Oullego's 5'11" height. The Jedi looked down and up at people all the time it was no big deal to look up at an angry security guard. What concerned the Jedi Master was the fact was the guard's frame. The Arkania native looked to be as big as party barge on Nar Shadaa. That made Oullego concerned.

At times when he was stationed with soldiers from the Galactic Republic branch of the Triumvirate arm wrestling competitions broke out to pass the time. Many were shocked the simple Jedi was able to make it in the top five to top three depending on how big the squadron was.

Sadly, skepticism about Jedi cheating tactics brought out talk of blindfolds, tying one hand behind his back and things like that came about. Oullego agreed to the demeaning terms. Then he kept winning for a while. After so many victories the soldiers figured he wasn't cheating. The whole thing actually earned a lot their respect since the Jedi was a good sport in a suspicious lot. Plus it helped that he made an unexpected joke at a commanding officer's expense.

"Oh, the blindfold's fine. Johnson's mother did that to me last night before we shipped out. I didn't know a woman her age could bend like that," the room was silent for a split second. Anyone could have heard sweat hitting the floor as it dripped off from the group of men and women. Eventually one soldier, who was covering his mouth with both hands as if he heard the funniest joke known to his species couldn't hold back. He laughed and laughed, the reaction caused a chain reaction as the shock ebbed away into laughter. Everyone in the room was in stitches, except for Johnson who didn't like it when people joked about his Mom.

"You're not bad for a Jedi," a few soldiers called out.

Smirking Oullego replied, "Johnson's Mom said I was great last night. I figured that counted for something."

The warm memories washed over Oullego, but the angry cries from the guard brought him back to reality.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" the guard cried out.

Oullego examined the big arms and determined a close quarters fight without a lightsaber wasn't a good idea. The guard had reach so it probably would have been bad if Oullego had reached for the traditional jedi weapon. A force push could have been nice, but if the guard had a radio that could have been worse. There was only one option in this situation.

A gloved hand extended two fingers and ran across the Guard's field of vision.

"I'm a representative of the Triumvirate," Oullego said firmly and pushed out with the force.

"You're a representative of the Triumvirate," the guard responded.

Another hand wave, "I have clearance to be here."

"You have clearance to be here."

"Move along," followed one last hand wave by Oullego.

"Move along," the guard waved Oullego forward.

Jedi now were allowed to form friendships, relationships and the like. Long ago when Grand Master Luke Skywalker reformed the Jedi Order some of the rules about love were done away with. He wanted to prevent another Anakin Skywalker so a modified set of rules were put into play. Ones that would have benefited jedi from long ago like Anakin and Qui Gon Jinn.

Oullego was just so happy that the mindtrick worked he didn't really pay attention to where he was going. In the room ahead of him a rock suddenly hit a wall.

A "Hmmm," left his lips and he reached out with the force. Anger was subsiding off a very familiar ping in the force. One he had spent weeks searching for.

Walking into the next room slowly he made sure to stay in the shadows before putting on his Master voice, "Anger can lead to a lot of bad places no matter how easy it can be just to give into it. The emotion leads to hatred and that leads to the darkside. You might not have heard of that, but it's true. I've seen it few times in my day. I hope I do not have to see it much more," he waited for a second.

What Oullego wanted was to feel where the source was coming from. The confusion gave him just the ping he needed. A moment later he suddenly leaned into view.

"Hello, I'm Master Oullego," a hand extended to the woman as he was leaning. "I have no clearance to be in this room no matter what Tiny back there says. I've got many things to talk to you about including an offer to leave with me offworld. I've been searching for you for weeks. There's a greasy spoon of a cafe that has wonderful sandwiches. Get me out of here and I can take you there." Everything was said from the man in jedi robes who sounded human but it was hard to be sure.

Pausing a moment the Jedi composed himself and spoke with his Master voice, "Now, officer." He needed her to analyze everything else except the leaving part. That they needed to do right now before more of her fellow guard came.
 
"Anger can lead to a lot of bad places no matter how easy it can be just to give into it. The emotion leads to hatred and that leads to the darkside. You might not have heard of that, but it's true. I've seen it few times in my day. I hope I do not have to see it much more."

The voice caught Evrim off guard and the feeling of being spied upon washed over her. A feeling she had lived with all her life and while comfortable in it, wasn't the biggest fan. The thing that troubled her the most was the accent of the voice. It wasn't from around here and while many people to do trade deals not many wandered the security bays.

"Hello, I'm Master Oullego, I have no clearance to be in this room no matter what Tiny back there says. I've got many things to talk to you about including an offer to leave with me offworld. I've been searching for you for weeks. There's a greasy spoon of a cafe that has wonderful sandwiches. Get me out of here and I can take you there. Now, officer."

"Master Oullego." Evrim eyed the man weighting the stock of what he had just said. Maybe it was the mood she was in or the way his words sounded like an order but whatever the reason Evrim wasn't of the mind to just hop up and do as she was told. Not without a good enough reason at lease and claiming that he had been searching for her for weeks just gave her the creeps. But he had been upfront about not having the clearance to be here, though she had no idea who Tiny was. And then there was this feeling that was close to drawing and prickling with power that raised red flags in it's wake.

"Look, I don't know about you but there are a few things with what you just said that I have problems with." Evrim stated standing up and finding her 5'7' frame a touch shorter then the man in front of her. As rude as it was and as offend as she would have been if someone had not accepted her handshake, Evrim ignored the hand offered to her and continued talking. "One; I'm not heading offworld with some strangely robed man. Two; why have you been searching for me and for what reasons? Three; being told 'Now' rarely if ever works for me. And lastly; why should I care if you have clearance to be here or not?" While he might have mistaken her for part of the security unit she was still class as a Pure Blood and had little to fear. Well except for that moving rock...

"I'll lead you to public halls and they can hand you a map so you don't find yourself in the same situation again but that's really all I can do for you Mr. Oullego." Stepping around the man she took a few strides towards the main hallway and waited to make sure the man followed and didn't get himself into more trouble.
 
At least he had her attention. That part made Oullego inwardly feel like a victor. It was not a flawless one as there were some misunderstandings, but this was enough.

As he moved up to her, Oullego waved a gloved hand toward the stone and it flew into his hand. "Tell me, have you ever done or experienced things you just can't explain? What I mean by that is like the rock you just saw. I was a good five feet away from it. I did not pick it up, but it flew into my hand. Science and logic cannot explain that. What you saw at work is the force and if you have been experience things that cannot be explained through reason, but you know to be true then you have tapped into the force," Oullego explained. He handed the rock to the woman. "I believe that was yours before you lost it."

"Unfortunately you have to come with me for a sandwich if you wish to hear the rest of my spcheel," there was a bright smile on the face of the robbed man. "It will be better than a timeshare I promise you, but I would like some modicum of privacy and something to eat. A booth to the back would suffice for both of those things. That is if you wish to hear my spcheel. If you do not then we were part eventually, I will never ask for a thing again. Same goes if you think I'm some crazy man in a robe once it's done. If you wish to leave then I will not keep you in any capacity," he was letting Evrim hear that there were no strings attached to this deal. Plus he was trying to lead her to the conclusion that she had some ability with the force.
 
Lost wasn't the word Evrim would have used but having the rock returned to her in such a fashion left her blank on all fronts. Had she not done the same thing in fraction just minutes ago? Her hand closed around the rock and for some reason she expected it to feel different but it was the same as any other rock. The logical part of her brain created any number of situations that the moving rock could be achieved but the other part, the part of her mind that was seeming more and more sane told a different story. A story she had once believed as a child and one she had long ago believed to no longer be possible.

"Your 'spcheel' has my attention Mr. Oullego." Evrim said after a long moment of silence. "I can not promise to agree or disagree with anything said or seen so far but I will give it concideration after you are done with so said spiel."

With nothing more to say Evrim lead the way out of the security area trusting the stranger to lead the way to this famed sandwich place.

Along the way Evrim was quite, in her own mind with her own thoughts trying to piece together her life and what little evidence Mr. Oullego provided. On many accounts it made sense and provided an explanation where none had been before. On the other it was just so far beyond her level of understanding that it placed more doubts in her mind. Jedis didn't exist. The force was just an unproven pagan theory for the unexplained. That midi-chlorians were just mindless single cell organisms and that the could of such cells had no effect on a person's being. In fact her parents had experimented with midi-chorians in their younger years to no success as the increase did nothing to the simple life form test subject.

"Would you care to lead the way to this sandwich place?" Now that they were in public access areas Evrim stepped to the side and waited for the man to lead her to a place he would feel comfortable. She was eager to figure out what was going on. She had questions to ask and hoped that he would have the answers, after all he was the one looking for her.
 
"That's all I want. You to listen to my little bit. Then to consider it. I cannot force you to go one way or another. Nor would I want you to," Master Oullego spoke softly as they walked through the corridors. "Name's Kayin. Either go the entire way with the name Master Oullego as it is my title or just call me Kayin." When they were outside he started to wave through the planet.

"I like these little cities. The Jedi used similar cities on Ossus before things went bad. The only thing is we didn't use terraforming. Kept as much of the organic greenery there even with all the risks," he could tell by how the structures had settled that there had been some muckery with the planet's natural climate.

Eventually he waved into the diner that had tiled black and white floors, red cushioned seats with chrome looking outlines. It was like the galaxy had preserved what a diner from long ago looked like. A serving droid came up to them.

"Can we get a booth toward the back and that way," he pointed in a direction. Music was blaring from a device toward the opposite direction. If Evrim was paying attention she would have noticed what the Jedi was doing. He was using the natural sound of the restaurant to give them cover so they could have talked quietly.

Sitting down he ordered a simple fizzy drink and some water. When the droid was gone Oullego began, "Midiclorions are everywhere. They are in everything. The force pulls on this. That's why people say it's all around us. In a way it is."

"When force users pass one another or if they're strong enough they can detect other force users. Think of it like Radar for a ship. Sometimes one force user will appear on another's radar. Every force user has a signal in the force, but the midiclorions adapt to the individual user. Creates sort of like a thumb print unique to that one person," now came the hard part to admit.

His hands moved about a little bit, "I somehow felt your force print way out on Tattooine. I even stayed out there for a day on Mos Eisley looking for you. I don't feel it on the time, but somehow you pinged. Not sure if you're that strong. There's tales that if there's a bond between the two users they can feel each other over great distances. It's rare so I doubt that's what this is," he shrugged unsure what to say toward everything there.

"Like one in twenty thousand. Maybe more. Like maybe it could be, but I've only seen it a small handful of times. The Jedi have a set of rules they follow like a credo. Beyond that you can have friends, a wife or husband, and many things. Not quite the rough life it was, but it's not for the feint at heart. I would take you to a temple, there are a few. The council would test you, suggest a master, and he would train you int he ways of the Jed iand the Force."

Looking around he grinned, "You'd probably hate Tython. It's the opposite of this place. If Jedi weren't so busy training it would be a great place to work on a tan."Looking at the woman he asked, "You'd obviously have to leave offworld if you agreed to it."
 
Kayin spoke like she should know the history of the Jedi's and their habit patterns, which she didn't so she kept quite waiting till he got to the point. She wasn't the biggest fan of her planet so didn't care what they had done to it to make it livable, to her it felt like a tomb and therefor nothing to like.

Evrim followed the claimed Jedi to a local Offshoot and worker unit hangout, requesting a booth in the back where the music bounded off the far wall from the other side of the room. In all truths Evrim expected to be stared at, she was after all a Pure Blood and this was one of the few places Arkanians left alone for a number of reasons. But no one seemed to notice her as she followed Kayin to the back. Maybe it was the outfit she had on or the optic lenses in her eyes that gave her the look of iris and pupils but being ignored and unnoticed felt even weirder then the man who knew nothing about her and yet was looking for her.

Kayin sat down and order two drinks but Evrim just waved the droid away needing nothing as it was her curiosity that needed to be fed.

"Midiclorions are everywhere..." Kayin started.

Evrim leaned back in her seat and just listened not sure if she agreed with his words. From what she was taught MCNs were just simple cells with no function other then the contribute of mass within a being. She had never heard that there was a feel adaptation to the increased presences of MCNs. And that he could feel her with the assistance of these cells all the way from Tattooine seemed even more impossible then the flying rock trick he had shown her. The more she listened the less likely the whole situation got. And to hear that there were rules seemed like trading a set life for another. A path set before her by others with no say to how she wanted to live. He claimed that things were different from before but it didn't sound at all like the dreams of a child.

"There are still Jedi temples?" Of all the things that Kayin had said that seemed like a good place to start. "And what would this test be?" She remembered as a child the number of test she had undergone as such a young age and it wasn't something she wanted to go through again. The poking and prodding, drawing of blood and physical tests that she hadn't and still didn't understand. "And who would this master be?" She didn't like the idea of having a master, she was a free woman and wouldn't be controlled by anyone. That was the whole reason of joining the security unit and leaving Arkania.

"I'm not ready to agree to anything but what makes you think I wouldn't like Tython?" The optic lenses not only made her eyes look more normal in the comparison of other human and humanoid beings but it also helped with her eyes' ability to filter solar light at the cost of reducing the range of the infrared spectrum she could see.
 
"Yeah. A few of them. Like I can name three planets off the top of my head and that's without consulting a readout of them," Kayin said with a smile. Then questions of the testing came up, "They would run you through a series of tests not like blood work, but they will get a 'chlorian count off of you, so maybe draw a little blood, no worse than a doctor visit. The council of whatever planet we're on will take you to places. They'll run you through a puzzle of the mind, maybe some fighting stuff, it varies temples to temple, but the tests determine mental capacity, reactionary movements and the like. It's to figure out how the force works with you," Kayin knew he had just said a mouthful. So he gave it a moment before speaking again.

He had an idea of what Evrim's follow up questions would be, "The force effects people differently. Some people can move restaurants like these all day without it really making them break out into a sweat, others have visions of the future and things like that, some are reactionary making great pilots of field jedi, the applications are everywhere. I'm a blade man so the phsyical stuff comes easier to me than some of the mental. If you put me and a precog in a fight he or she will hold their own, but they won't be as skilled as me. Put us in a precog contest they'll be able to predict whatever you want including what drink so and so will want to drink after the event. I'll be lucky to tell you where, when and who it happens to. My vision would be vague," a waitress came up which caused Kayin to quiet himself.

"Burger. Ummm whatever you got that tastes like bantha. I like my red meat," Kayin smiled at the waitress, a young half blood to the planet that looked to be finishing school or going to higher learning. Their gaze went to Evrim as they waited for an order.

When the waitress left "So the tests and all that will just figure out how you stack. Where you fit and how potent you are. And Tython is like the opposite of everything here. If the Jedi hadn't found the planet I guarantee you some company would have turned it into a resort planet for the rich and wealthy," Kayin looked to Evrim trying to figure out her thoughts to everything that he had said so far.
 
Kayin seemed proud that he could name three planets with standing Jedi temples and it was almost cute. Cute because at the age of ten she could map out the whole Perave system with her eyes closed and it be accurate and in scale with error margins of micrometers. Her intelligence was a by product of her parents strict lessons, the spur of the moment test and the on going hours of studying. As a child it was great being the smartest of your class but it didn't grant much leeway in the form of non-competitive friends.

Still Evrim listened and considered everything that Kayin said. In more ways then Evrim was comfortable with, the Jedis sounded a lot like Arkanians. Testing each of then at young ages and determining where they would be most beneficial. Did the Jedis even care for the wants or wishes of these force able beings or like her own people was it for the better good that they did what they did best without question? Evrim could understand the logical reasoning behind placeing a being where they would succeed but as her mother often told her she was too much heart and not enough brain and wanted the feelings and wants of people to matter.

It made sense that the force would effect every person differently, there was rarely a situation where even in clone environments two subjects came out the same. But what Kayin said make her think. She had seen him move the rock and if what she had done in the war room had been in fact real, she had moved the rock as well. He called himself a blade man, a fighter and she knew herself to be an able fighter but her preferred weapon of choice was a staff. To her the staff was a dance, a deadly dance that composed of not only herself and her opponent but with the weapon itself. But how would that transfer to a lightsaber? Evrim didn't know but had a feeling that if she just waited the answer would find her.

Evrim was still deep in thought when the waitress came by to drop off Kayin's ordered food. She was so deep in thought that she almost missed the glance in her direction, the only thing giving it away was the slight tapping of the woman's food. "I'm fine, nothing for me." And with that the waitress left and Kayin started to speak again.

"Truthfully anything as completely opposite as this place as I can get sounds perfect." Evrim confessed. She didn't like the cold, hated the darkness and the caste system that no one talked about but forced everyone to live by. In the time that Kayin had said his first word to her till now Evrim had pretended that she hadn't already made up her mind while the truth of it was she already had, she just hadn't figured it out yet. There were things of course she wasn't 100% for but nothing in life ever resulted in a perfect score and what she didn't agree on weren't big enough to sway her against the decision she had already made.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm willing to buy your spiel. If it's all a lie," Evrim shrugged. "The whole point was to leave this place and my objective would be complete regardless if you are lying or not." There were still questions that demanded answers but for now the choice had been made and Evrim was satisfied with that for the moment. "Whats the next step?" She assumed it would be him eating but she meant after that.
 
"The next few steps are simple. Step one is we finish our meal, which is me finishing my meal as you did not order much. You should probably fix that. Step two is you give me the time it will take to get your affairs in order. Say your goodbyes to people, take in the planet one last time, grab whatever you feel is necessary to have besides clothes and some clothes too. Step three is you meet me at," Kayin rattled off of the location. Everything sounded simple, but a lot of people found step two to be hard because there was no guarantee of when people would cross paths again. It could have been months or years. In some ways it was saying goodbye to the world that they knew before turning the next chapter.

Smiling for a moment Kayin chuckled, "You're going to wish I was lying on some days. You're going to wish I was," he smiled in his hood. "Tell me more about yourself. We're about to spend a few days in space together on a ship. Best I know about my ship guest and I in turn will answer questions you have about me," his face turned into the usual blank mask.

Before the conversation could have gotten too deep the waitress came over with a burger made to Kayin's liking. Smiling big he made appreciative noises, "Thank you. Thank you .Thank you," when the food was set down he looked at Evrim. "Ship droid can only make so much. Good salads, he finds way to dress goos that have all the vitamins and minerals needed to taste a little better, but it doesn't beat a good meal. For me it doesn't beat a good burger. Sometimes it is the simple things in life," he bit into the sandwich after dressing it with what he wanted. Taking the first bite he looked to the young woman waiting to be told of her life.
 
The correction was that Evrim had ordered nothing at all but she kept silent. Sure there was time enough to order something but food could not quench her satisfaction. And as far as goodbyes... Were there any really to say? Sure it wouldn't feel right to leave without saying goodbye to her security friends but other then that she didn't think her parents would care other then to forbid her as if she were a child. No, it was better to just leave as she would have with the security unit. The only thing that caught her was the location he gave. Would it not just be easier to meet him at his ship and leave from here together?

"You're going to wish I was lying on some days. You're going to wish I was."

Evrim tilted her head to the side and studied the man before her. What did he mean she would wish that he had lied to her? What had he said to her that she would wish to be untrue? She quickly replayed their entire conversation from start to present moment and could find no fault with it. Other then his confusing words she didn't wish for a truth or untruth anywhere so far. Unless there was something he wasn't telling her.

"Tell me more about yourself."

Never one to like talking about herself, Evrim fidgeted in her seat and considered ignoring the question. Unfortunately the question had some merit as she would have asked the same thing if she were sitting in his position. "My parents are famous and world renown researchers of genetic and force studies." Evrim started filling Kayin in on her background. "I was born in their later years and while they have promised I was as natural of a birth creation as any other my birth was a little strange. I have yet to find anyone that can tell me why it was strange only that it was." She shrugged shredding the napkin in front of her into little pieces. Evrim had been about to continue when the waitress returned with Kayin's food.

Never one to enjoy watching people eat Evrim stood from the table comfortable with the pause in her life story. "While you eat I will complete steps one and two and then meet you at your ship." It wasn't so much an order as it was a directive statement. Evrim wasn't a fan of meat and there was an uncomfortably with watching someone eat when she wasn't that had her leaving this situation. The food conditions on this ship did sound at all bad, in fact she was sure it was better then her own cooking and anything better then that was at least safe to eat. There had been that one time a few years ago where she had tried to cook for the security unit and everyone of them got sick. Shaking her head to dislodge the memory Evrim nodded a goodbye. "I will see you later." And with that left the diner and headed home.

Evrim kept up with the speed of her mind and jogged home categorizing her day since the moment of the moving rock and then working backwards. That brought her to her home far quicker then she would have like as she had been unable to complete her life timeline in the time it took her to jog home. Still there were things that she needed to do and she moved with a purpose collecting clothes and her favorite weapon. When she had filled a single medium large sized bag she headed to the door but paused as something caught her eye.

In her parents' earlier years, well before her birth, their sole mission was to prove the Jedi's frauds and fakes. Using the family's massive wealth to buy Jedi artifacts from the black market. Many were tested and destroyed but of the few things that had survived the cased of crystals had always fascinated her. There were four crystals in total that hung on the wall, two of a deep purple color that her parents claimed were Dantari crystals and the other pair that was an icy blue that was again claimed to be some kind of Ankarres Sapphire. Her parents spun tails of how Jedis used stones like these to create their lightsabers but that no amount of testing could prove to the scientists that there was anything different from them compared to any other sapphire or crystal. Evrim had tried playing with them as a child in hopes of creating her own lightsaber but nothing did made it work and when her parents noticed them missing three days later they put an end to her playing.

"Then how fitting it is that they are returned to a Jedi." Evrim smiled opening the case and removing the stones, tucking them safely into her pocket.

As wrong as it felt to leave without saying goodbye Evrim didn't have it in herself to say goodbye to the few friends that she had. Plus she really couldn't explain to them where she was going or why and she wasn't one to lie. So like the coward that she was feeling like she sent Moon and message explaining her departure and addressing a virtual so long to those that she left behind.

"And that's the end of step two." She sighed shouldering her bag and heading to the ports allotted to uncharted fly-ins knowing that she would find Kayin's ship there. Hoping that he was done eating because she didn't have the greatest patience.
 
Evrim would have noticed one ship that stood out. The light grey coloring with the frost blue accents deviated from all the standard colors in the ship port. If she did a search on a datapad the J-1 Shuttle came up quickly. However, the J-1’s were usually a drab green with red. They were known as “Jedi Shuttles” and had no real defensive capabilities. This J-1 did. Guns were on the wing and a swivel gun on the top. A schematic check would have told her that the size of the ship itself wasn’t different, but the circuitry to the weapons had to go somewhere. Rooms were probably sacrificed for it.

“Vrrts” rumbled from the ship and the gangplank opened. “And here I thought I had half of a day. You’re early,” Kayin replied from the opening. “You got everything? Said your goodbyes?” he asked seriously. He paused waiting for answers, “Are you sure you’re ready for this?” another question came out. He walked down the gangplank offering to help her take care of anything.

As he walked up the gangplank Kayin tried to lighten the mood, “Cleaned behind your ears? Your belly button if you have one?” She could have heard him smirk when he asked those last two questions. The gangplank closed behind them once they were aboard. Walking toward them was a droid. If Evrim was up to snuff on her droids she would have seen something that could have been considered an antique. It was a protocol droid.

“Master Oullego. Who might I ask is this?” the droid asked. The silver body practically shined as overhead lights from the ships interior reflected off of it. Its eyes were a light with a hint of blue instead of the standard yellow. Apparently the droid had some kind of upgrade, but the body looked new for something so old. Someone cared for the droid.

“This is who we came here for, E. Meet Evrim the future padawan. Evrim meet E,” Kayin gestured between the pair so introductions were formal.
Waving its arms around the droid spoke, “I am E-3PO. E-Series of the protocol droids made famous by models C3PO and CXPO. How might I assist you?” the words to the woman were genuine.

“He’s our cook, navigator advisor and translator when needed. He also plays a mean game of Sabac,” Kayin went to the left and walked into a room. It was the size of a master bedroom for an apartment. A gloved hand gestured to the queen sized bed that had a night stand, dresser for clothing, a mirror and a tiny shelf. “This is where you’ll consider home to be before we hit Tython.” He pointed toward the cockpit. There was a narrow hallway that had door to the left and right, a good five to ten feet away, from the four chairs in the pit. “Bathroom’s on the left. We’ll be sharing that. Shower’s on the right. Yes, it has a hot water reserve.” Hot water on ships was still considered a commodity, but not quite the luxury it once was.

Unwrapping the various cloth bits around his arms Kayin’s flesh was there for all to see. It lacked any scarring. Moving toward the cockpit his backside was to her as he pulled back the hood for the first time. Sandy brown hair showed itself. A hand dipped into his hood and Kayin pulled out a long pony tail. It was sectioned off by ties every inch to half inch and it pressed to the small of his back.

Turning to face Evrim Kayin was smiling, “Welcome to your new home.” For the first time she could have seen his face. He was a human, thirties, by the definition of his cheekbones and jaw was a man that clearly trained or worked out regularly. His jaw was angular. His eyes were blue like a clear sky on a sunny day. Aside from needing a shave to get rid of a three-o-clock shadow, the man had no facial hair. He couldn’t have been over forty at a glance. Despite being human his skin had a light brown complexion, whether it was from a variation of his race or the sun parching his skin to a darker color, remained to be seen.

Dropping his outer robes the light brown robes were revealed. Unlike the standard Jedi Robes, his were a light brown instead of white. While he did wrap his arms up in cloth the sleeves were considerably shorter. His only ran past his elbows. “We’ll be leaving very shortly. Once we break atmo I’m going to do a light speed jump. Everything in your bedroom has the means to hold your goodies in place. In case the flight gets bumpy you won’t have broken trinkets on your hands. Get comfy cozy,” he nodded to Evrim then went into the pilot’s chair. “E. Help our guest first. If she doesn’t want it then you’re with me in the pit,” his voice firmed to that of someone that was used to being called Captain on a ship of two.

Pressing a few buttons and switches Kayin prepped the ship. The custom J-1 lurched forward and started to move once it was floating in the air. Hails were made to the ship pad tower.

“Crystal to Tower. This is the Ice Crystal requesting clearance,” Kayin said in professional voice. The tone would have resonated with how he spoke to her at the restaurant.

“Crystal this is Tower. You have clearance.”

“Hold onto something,” Kayin’s voice was loud enough it carried into the rest of the ship.

The ship moved forward then upward. Honestly the last thing Kayin wanted was for Evrim to go bouncing backward on the ship as it went into the sky on takeoff.

Time ticked by and the sky eventually turned black. As the sky went from white to blue to black the planet started to become smaller as they drifted further away.

“One last parting glance before we hit a jump,” he looked to Evrim to make sure she had time to see the planet if it was wanted.

Waiting a good minute he put Crystal into a hyperjump and within moments blue washed over everything as they hit hyper space. Moments later darkness greeted them in the midst of twinkling stars. Arkania wasn’t even a blip on their navigation anymore.

“Are you doing okay? Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions?” Kayin asked Evrim trying to make sure she was okay.
 
"I'm efficient." Evrim corrected as she stepped onto the gangplank, holding up a single bag to show him that she had all she wanted. "All that needed to be said I've said. That which hadn't need not be said." She offered shrugging off his assistance in carrying her things. The last two questions were lost on her as her humor in such situations was near to none. In her books he was still a stranger and the closeness at which she would laugh at jokes was far from the first hello that they were on.

Evrim looked the droid over seeing nothing but the shine of a well cared machine and some upgrades that she knew little or nothing about. She had never been the sort that had the touch with droids or things of that fashion. If asked Evrim would say that her talent laid in the ability to piss off her parents and disregard all society's rules. Not much of a talent but it had served Evrim so far.

"Pleasantries E." Evrim greeted about the droid introduced itself. "As of now I require no assistance but the offer is noted and appropriated." She said formally. In all honestly Evrim was one of those people waiting for all the machines as a collective whole to join together, realize that their numbers greatly outweighed that of humanoid sentient beings and kill every one. Because of that reason Evrim took great pains in making sure she wasn't on the wrong side of a droid.

Evrim looked around the room and realized just how much work had been done to this ship. The outside alone told a story of it's off path life and the inside continued the same story. All this work meant money and time and Evrim looked over Kayin wondering if it was all by his own hand. "This is more then I expected." And as she passed the bed she tossed her bag on it without missing a beat in following Kayin in his tour. As he pointed out the shower she smiled knowing her fondness for hot showers. She would have to made efforts not to use all the hot water in a single shower, she was after all a guest.

As Kayin disrobed Evrim wasn't surprised by what she saw. There was an aura of ruggedness about him that didn't change when he turned back his hood or took off his outer robe. Unlike many of her kind who judged creatures on their looks, use or abilities Evrim didn't and only saw what was presented before her. A human man of thirty years or so. To Evrim it was as simple as that.

Evrim waved off the droid's help and quickly threw her bag in a chest, checking her pocket for the two lumps. If there was anything that she would dread loosing it would be those stones and well maybe her staff. After that she joined Kayin and E in the cockpit and buckled herself in.

"One last parting glance before we hit a jump."

Any normal person might have looked back but for Evrim this farewell was long over due and she kept her head and eyes forward to where she was going. The past was behind her and that's where it would stay.

When Arkania was finally behind them Evrim left out a heavy breath, there was a weight lifted from her soul that she hadn't realized had been there until it was gone.

“Are you doing okay? Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions?”

Evrim raised an eyebrow at the questions and smiled. "Are you always so worried or am I the exception?" She teased surprised at her attitude change in the moments that it took to leave her home planet. "Honestly though..." Evrim took a deep breath in and let it out slowly before answering. "I feel good. Like there had been a haze over my thoughts that I didn't know was there. A weight on my soul that it now free." She flung her arms out to either side of herself and looked out into the darkness with a large smile on her face. "And you?" Her arms fell to her side with a clap. “Are you doing okay? Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions?” She questioned with a smart little look on her face.
 
Smiling inwardly Kayin realized she was going to be a handful, but in a good way. Distancing herself away from the planet seemed to do her a world of difference. "You're sort of the exception. Usually when I drop off people to planets I'll see them at some point in the future. You're different because I'm going to see you at various points in your training. Regardless of your future Master I'm sure our paths will cross. So, it makes you a little out of the ordinary," he admitted. His hands went over the control panel setting out a course.

"I try not to feel too much because if you don't let the feelings roll off of you it can be easier to roll off of you. That being said Jedi do feel something as we can marry, we form bonds with colleagues and a multitude of other things that were once forbidden to us long ago. Luke Skywalker changed that many moons ago," he said just trying to be honest with her.

Sitting back in the chair a little more the jedi shrugged, "Well, we're stuck on this ship a while. Tell me about yourself. Not about what you do, but the person aboard this ship as you're no longer a security officer. You're going to become something more. We won't know what that will be until the time comes."

He wondered why she didn't look at the homeworld before leaving. Something about that told a story, but there was a lot of potential stories that could have spun out of that. Anything he could have surmised had just as much validation as the next. So, the Jedi hoped there may have been some clue to that story while explaining herself.
 
Back
Top