What do you say about Literotica to friends and family?

My friends (both in real-life and online) know that I write erotica, and they've always been supportive of me! I'm so thankful for them.
 
Several friends and relations know I write erotica.

Only a few know I am both oggbashan and jeanne_d_artois although it is not a deep secret. I am long retired and now mainly retired from community activities as well so if those user names became associated with the real me it would not really matter.

The only one who has looked in depth at my stories is my former creative writing tutor. Her comment? 'Your imagination can be frightening'.
 
I don't feel the need to hide my Lit activities from anyone. I'm open about Lit with family and close friends. I've given several of them my link in hopes they would read my stories. A few have and enjoyed them. A few have and have not enjoyed them. To each their own.:rolleyes:

I don't announce it when I introduce myself, but if a "related" conversation come up, I share info about my writing on Lit. Of course, I have a few cousins who introduce me and then go on to say, "She's the one who writes smut...but she calls it erotica." LOL

I think the only "off-limits" area or people to discuss Lit and my writing with would be anyone who is or would be work/professionally related.
 
I have one close friend that I've told. She doesn't read them.
 
My editor/publisher is also a very good friend, so I guess he knows.
 
My sister, a white-haired pillar of society, refers to me as her brother the pornographer. :)

I have half a dozen friends who are fans and followers, but I don't go out of my way to 'spread the word'. If they find me, well done them.
 
I've been writing on here for a little over 2 years now. Both of my parents know that I write smut, and my mother has actually read some of my stuff. If you're writing, and you're good at it, I would say that there is nothing to be ashamed about it. Odds are your parents have seen 50 shades of grey (a movie based on an erotic novel), as well as other porn. Society is getting to the point where porn itself is becoming less and less taboo.

My two cents.
 
I know of two people whose careers were damaged when it came out that they posted stories on here. One was a teacher who was open about it and didn't think it would affect her and the other was a politician who tried to keep it secret but was outed by an enemy.

I have only told a couple of people that I write and post here and didn't give them my handle.

This shit is forever.

Edward the Prudent
 
I know of two people whose careers were damaged when it came out that they posted stories on here. One was a teacher who was open about it and didn't think it would affect her and the other was a politician who tried to keep it secret but was outed by an enemy.

I have only told a couple of people that I write and post here and didn't give them my handle.

This shit is forever.

Edward the Prudent

TEACH!!! Man, haven't seen you in so long, well on Lit at least :p
 
I know of two people whose careers were damaged when it came out that they posted stories on here. One was a teacher who was open about it and didn't think it would affect her and the other was a politician who tried to keep it secret but was outed by an enemy.

I have only told a couple of people that I write and post here and didn't give them my handle.

This shit is forever.

Edward the Prudent

I've posted it before but:

A local councillor was standing for re-election when a video surfaced of him in several porn short clips.

He was asked by the local media about it.

His response?

"Yes, that was me. I did them to help pay my way at university."

He was re-elected with an increased majority.

Was that for his honesty? Or for the size of his equipment?

But I agree with Edward Teach. If you are in education or politics or in any sensitive employment - be very careful about being associated with Literotica or any other erotic site. You can delete your identity, all posts and every trace you can think you might have left but it doesn't take much effort to find your history.
 
Last edited:
My wife is well aware I write on Literotica. While driving during a vacation trip to northern Michigan, to pass time I recounted the synopsis of my longest novel “Mothers and Daughters.” She found the plot interesting as I had outlined it, and so she subsequently tried to read it. She agreed that my story was intriguing enough, but she couldn’t abide my writing style. Oh well, what can I say? My adult children are aware I write on Literotica, but are not curious enough to find out what I’ve written.
 
None of my family know that I frequent this site. None of my friends (I have very few) or my acquaintances (runs into hundreds if not thousands) know I frequent this site.

I don’t do it for them. I do it for me. If they read these stories that’s up to them. If they also write on here under a non-de-plume, again that’s up to them.

I’m not interested in whether they have the same interests as me.
 
Back
Top