Enjoy reading!

sweetgirl1994

Virgin
I am not particularly experienced in these things but I enjoy reading the things people post. I agree submitting and pleasing that person makes me more aroused than anything. :cattail:

totally agree which is why I like to please before I am pleased. Makes me feel better if I am able to please the person I am with.

I believe that is what logicians call a pleasure loop. It has some similarity to the feedback principle. In short, which of you will, in pleasuring the other first, cause the other to be pleasured before they pleasure, and thus reduce their stated main source of pleasure, meaning that your attempt to give them pleasure is doomed to failure?

Sorry - the perils of philosophy. DO carry on, and ignore the rambling old man in the corner in his bath chair, hurling Liquorice Allsorts with furious abandon at imaginary iguanas.

I believe that is what logicians call a pleasure loop. It has some similarity to the feedback principle. In short, which of you will, in pleasuring the other first, cause the other to be pleasured before they pleasure, and thus reduce their stated main source of pleasure, meaning that your attempt to give them pleasure is doomed to failure?

Sorry - the perils of philosophy. DO carry on, and ignore the rambling old man in the corner in his bath chair, hurling Liquorice Allsorts with furious abandon at imaginary iguanas.

lol! *hugs you* Des.

This is hilarious. I've read it 5 times over. I'm still so confused.

lol! *hugs you* Des.

This is hilarious. I've read it 5 times over. I'm still so confused.

Bless you. It is only the old barber's paradox, restated - though, as I say, the negative feedback adds an interesting twist. It was very mean of me to crash a well-meaning and completely harmless (I almost wrote 'innocent', but I would scarcely venture that far in these hallowed halls) thread.

I shall have to think of a suitable punishment for myself. Perhaps re-reading Jane Eyre, although that may be considered 'cruel and unusual'.

I shall have to think of a suitable punishment for myself. Perhaps re-reading Jane Eyre, although that may be considered 'cruel and unusual'.

No worries, Des.

I will gladly take the punishment for you by re-reading Jane Eyre. The only thing cruel and unusual about that is Mr. Rochester. *swoons*

No worries, Des.

I will gladly take the punishment for you by re-reading Jane Eyre. The only thing cruel and unusual about that is Mr. Rochester. *swoons*

Yeeesssss.....You do know he likes to keep his wives in the attic, don't you? Have you read Wide Sargasso Sea?

But I cannot in all decency ask you to take my punishment for me, though thank you for the generous offer. I'll think of something less appalling. Perhaps I'll merely blind myself, or similar.

Yeeesssss.....You do know he likes to keep his wives in the attic, don't you? Have you read Wide Sargasso Sea?

But I cannot in all decency ask you to take my punishment for me, though thank you for the generous offer. I'll think of something less appalling. Perhaps I'll merely blind myself, or similar.

You make me smile. :)

I haven't read Wide Sargasso Sea but I will certainly put it on the list. I'm currently trying to read about 5 books all at once. I don't know why. One of them I've already read twice. Thank you so much for telling me about it! I did not know Jane Eyre had a prequel!

Apologizing for the thread jack. Sorry OP! :rose:

You make me smile. :)

I haven't read Wide Sargasso Sea but I will certainly put it on the list. I'm currently trying to read about 5 books all at once. I don't know why. One of them I've already read twice. Thank you so much for telling me about it! I did not know Jane Eyre had a prequel!

Apologizing for the thread jack. Sorry OP! :rose:

~ Another quick highjack ~ :eek:

Wide Sargasso Sea.... It puts an entirely different complexion on Jane Eyre. You'll never look at Rochester the same again! :eek:

~ Another quick highjack ~ :eek:

Wide Sargasso Sea.... It puts an entirely different complexion on Jane Eyre. You'll never look at Rochester the same again! :eek:

Gasp! :eek:

Oh no! You tell me this, and leave me in suspense?

Will I love him more, or less? This will determine whether I read the book or not.

Deeeefinately less. Definitely. :(

I'm so sad. I cannot read the book. It's a good thing I have about 20 other books on standby that I can't wait to read. Now, if I could just stop re-reading the ones I've already read, then I may be on to something good.

I'm so glad you jacked this thread. Wooh! The relief!

Back