Young Justice/Teen Titans (OOC)

I'll have both "Sean_Renaud" and Miss "ChasNicollette" know, a few months ago......I did mention your other 'counterpart' in one another, concerning the Ben 10 character. I don't know if either of you recall the conversation. I always like(d) to tease "Sean_Renaud" about that particular character because *I* have never heard of him.....before....and it ALMOST could be that I've been missing out....on the most amazing character that's been ever created(ever)....and when I found out w/ your Rose character, that you yourself loved the character as well. I was almost beyond myself Miss "ChasNicollette".

So yeah. Pretty funny. Pretty amazing. And aaaaaaaaaaalmost monumental that you two.....right here, right now....are communicating, in the same thread....if not, if but....for the moment's time. About this very topic!

I......I have to be honest. If *THIS* were a comic book. (not to *geek* out, but to *geek* out!!!) I'd have to go ahead and equate it to some kinda....amazing cross-over betwixt two "companies" or something. Like when they did DC versus Marvel -- that significant!

Yeah guys. I'm talking about YOU two!!! Hahah. Good times. Glad it finally happened! ;)

I do remember you telling me this, and I always did mean to hit Sean up, but for some reason I never did-- probably because I'm a lousy correspondent.

But through synchronicity the conversation has come to pass in any case, and I'm rather enjoying it.

"Ben 10" has a ten-year history and much of it is awesome. The live-action movies were a leeeeetle wonky, and "Alien Force" was a bit dry at first, but overall it's one of my favorite franchises of all time. I strongly encourage you to check it out!
 
Oh, and I know Jeff kinda has strong feelings about this but I think we should have a soft "within reason you can move my character" rule. And by within reason I mean if we're getting on a boat or an elevator, or avoiding a grenade feel free to assume I did that especially if I haven't posted in a while.

Try to check in every couple of days even if it's just to post in the OOC that you got nothin. Far too often these things end up stalling out because half of us are waiting for 'x' to post and 'x' is thinking, there's nothing for me to post.
 
I do remember you telling me this, and I always did mean to hit Sean up, but for some reason I never did-- probably because I'm a lousy correspondent.

But through synchronicity the conversation has come to pass in any case, and I'm rather enjoying it.

"Ben 10" has a ten-year history and much of it is awesome. The live-action movies were a leeeeetle wonky, and "Alien Force" was a bit dry at first, but overall it's one of my favorite franchises of all time. I strongly encourage you to check it out!

The live actions were just weird, not bad but so difficult trying to figure out where they were supposed to fit in when the writers decided that at least one of them was cannon.

Oh, and he's been driving for two series, and five years and we're supposed to buy that he's only 16.

And Vilgax admits they've been fighting for a decade. . .but despite getting the Omnitrix at age 10, he's only 16.

And Kevin and Gwen have been dating according to Kevin "all these years" but they started when she was 15. . .and she's the same age as Ben. 16.

And she's in college, Kevin has a job and can rent an apartment near the college she goes to. (he is a year old since he's Kevin Ethan Leven.

Can you tell that point kind of annoys me?
 
Nubian, How are you going to reconcile her sorcery with the low magic continuity?

I think I just fell in love with you, Lily :). As soon as I read the bio for Jinx, I was immediately preparing a response in my head, then I saw your post. It's nice to see someone else jumping in to point out inconsistencies for a change :):):).

The fact that Jinx has magic ability doesn't concern me as much as the gods she supposedly gets her powers from. As mentioned, the gods are not actually gods in the theological sense, but humans that were genetically altered by the radiation of the meteorite fragments. When they first started changing, it would have been very similar to the powers displayed by the characters in the movie Chronicle. Then as they learned to perceive elemental energies as well, they channeled those natural forces and became the gods of legend. Zeus is not really a god in the theological sense, but a normal human who, through genetic mutation as a result of alien radiation, learned to harness psychic and elemental energies, being most skilled in lightning-based abilities. He is immortal in the sense that his body has an advanced healing factor that keeps him eternally young and healthy, but he can still die if his brain or heart stops functioning.

Most of the gods either died fighting Trigon, fled to a pocket dimension, or went into hiding somewhere on Earth. If they were "evil" gods, they may still be alive, but trapped in the Abyss. It's even possible there are some good gods that got pulled into the Abyss with Trigon and are still alive as well. But how exactly did they grant power to Jinx?

I've been PMing back and forth with Chas about Raven, and it's clear her powers will be based on the fact that she has Trigon's blood in her. There are really only three ways Jinx could have magic-based abilities -- A: She has a parent or maybe grandparent that had power in their blood. B: She has a Nth object. C: Her physical form was altered in some way to allow her to channel magic, such as liquid Nth-infused tattoos similar to Fenris from Dragon Age II.

I was thinking about having Kaldur feud with superboy or another one of the teams powerhouses. I also wanted to have him in certain situations co-operating with the team(like a life or death thing) where it's absolutely necessary for everyone involved.

That could work :).

You are gonna make us cookies.

I assume having a 'T' shaped tower is a no go?

Yes! Cookies made by a cute Martian girl sound nice :). Now I miss playing Kid Flash and having him be girl-crazy, especially towards M'gann, haha.

We better!

It's in the by-laws.

While I definitely want them to have a Titans Tower at some point, structurally speaking, a building in the shape of a T is not a good idea, hahaha. At first they will probably operate out of the warehouse where they meet at the beginning of the IC, with a set-up similar to Oliver Queen's "Arrow Cave" in the TV series, though ultimately they will likely end up in something akin to Stark Tower as seen in the Avengers movie or a mansion or something. It's also possible Hal Jordan will eventually bring back a spaceship from another part of the galaxy and that can be a mobile base. After being the Titans for a few years, our characters could eventually become members of the Justice League and then we could use the Hall of Justice or the JLA Watchtower as a base. But this is all very far off, and we don't want to get too ahead of ourselves. For now, let's just say the warehouse will be their headquarters for the foreseeable future and we'll deal with potential future bases when it becomes relevant.

Oh, and I know Jeff kinda has strong feelings about this but I think we should have a soft "within reason you can move my character" rule. And by within reason I mean if we're getting on a boat or an elevator, or avoiding a grenade feel free to assume I did that especially if I haven't posted in a while.

Try to check in every couple of days even if it's just to post in the OOC that you got nothin. Far too often these things end up stalling out because half of us are waiting for 'x' to post and 'x' is thinking, there's nothing for me to post.

I am okay with this. Kind of like companion characters in Mass Effect or Dragon Age. You can assume they will follow you and fight enemies without direct control.

I was hoping for the yacht they are rocking in the comics now. :p

That is also possible :).
 
I still vote nix the magic, change it into a metagene from the explosion and move along. Same way I did with Star, he's not even aware that his necklace is what gives him his powers. He thinks he trained hard, learned moves and viola, when you train hard enough you can pull off miracles.

Believing a God is responsible for your powers doesn't make it so.

If I find Ironman's armor, and I swear it was forged by Hephastus himself, powered by the heart a god that glows in it's chest. That makes me uninformed. But the armor shoudl still function just fine.
 
If she has a Nth object, the nose piercing in the pic seems like a good place to have it :).

I do have a problem, though, with the idea of bad luck manifested as physical energy. So... she hits someone with an energy blast and suddenly it bends the laws of physics to make the target more likely to suffer misfortune? "Take that you dastardly villain! Now you are 20% more likely to lose your keys and purchase a bad lottery ticket!"
 
Also, just so everyone knows, I feel I should inform you that the pocket dimensions I spoke of are not actually alternate dimensions on other planes of existence. They exist within magical barriers that are designed to expand space on the inside. In some ways it's like a holodeck on Star Trek. It would also be like creating a pocket dimension in your closet. The closet door opens to an island paradise with beaches, ocean waves, animals, a nice breeze, etc. It feels entirely real, but it is an artificial environment within a pocket dimension -- you can go anywhere on the island, but technically you're still in your closet. In the case of Atlantis or Themyscira, they may be enormous islands with lots of explorable features, but in relation to the main world, they exist within a tiny sliver of space, usually not much bigger than the size of the entrance into the pocket world. Another example is Hermione's bag or the Room of Requirement.
 
If she has a Nth object, the nose piercing in the pic seems like a good place to have it :).

I do have a problem, though, with the idea of bad luck manifested as physical energy. So... she hits someone with an energy blast and suddenly it bends the laws of physics to make the target more likely to suffer misfortune? "Take that you dastardly villain! Now you are 20% more likely to lose your keys and purchase a bad lottery ticket!"

I kinda agree, mostly because I don't like powers that even within the context of the comic don't make a lot of sense. Jynx's power seems to do what it wants when it wants. Same with Scarlet Witch and when Black Cat had probability powers Black Cat.

And it's not so much you're more likely to lose your keys as it us, there is no good reason why that chanalier is falling other than it sucks for you! What's the likelihood the floor beneath you was rotted out!?
 
Yeah, it seems more realistic that the power alters specific objects or energies so it only seems like she is giving you bad luck. Like instead if making you more likely to walk over a rotten out floor, her power actually rots out the floor or loosens the floor boards or something. But that would pretty much be the same as telekinesis.

Another option is that her power makes people disoriented and clumsy so they slip up and make more mistakes. It could also plague them with fear and doubt in a psychic sort of way.
 
Scarlet Witch was eventually retconned to being a reality warper. She only THOUGHT she gave you bad luck. She was actually MUCH more powerful, possibly the most powerful mutant in existance. House of M is the story of how she fucking rewrote the world.

And it would have worked if Wolverine weren't a mopey bitch!
 
LOL. I always had issues with any sort of reality warping power beyond mere illusions. If you are tearing apart atoms and particles and reassembling them into a new reality, what is the likelihood that you accidentally put the Earth too close to the Sun or misplace someone's intestines in their left leg or alter the chemical composition of Earth's atmosphere so it is no longer breathable? LOL. It seems you would need near omniscience to rearrange everything perfectly.
 
Last edited:
A reality warping power would be like someone programming a total conversion mod for Skyrim or something :).
 
I have Nightwing's designation as T-01, and each character who arrives at the gate will have a designation as well, in the order they arrive -- whoever arrives first is T-02, second is T-03, etc. When each hero first approaches the gate, it will not admit them until Dick scans them and adds their DNA signature to the database. He will communicate with them via video chat through the computer panel on the gate.
 
"The_Jeffinator": For the record. Darth Jeffinator? Kitty Whisperer?? Ahahah. Hey, you brought your pic(s) back! I like it! So I'm a fan....even if in the one you look like a descendant of The Undertaker! ;)

Can't fault piccccs...*nudges Miss "tight_n_ready" for that matter, not faulting her if she went with a Miss Martian or Rogue-esque representation**tease* :)

Oh, and House of M was a *GREAT* storyline! One of my faves...
 
LOL. The avatar pic is only a few weeks old, and that's me and one of my kitties, Cheetara, who thoroughly enjoys shoulder rides. The siggy pic is considerably older -- that was from Halloween 2008, when I dressed as a Sith Lord. Here is a better photo of that costume:

295716_1796248721059_8134562_n_zpseb432fa3.jpg
 
I think this is the most recent pic of me I have. I believe this was like the last week of December:

10891770_10202501654657694_1251448780397290740_n_zps8ff8455c.jpg
 
w00t!

I'm assuming Dick and Artemis know each other since she arrived alone, haha. I replied
 
LOL. I always had issues with any sort of reality warping power beyond mere illusions. If you are tearing apart atoms and particles and reassembling them into a new reality, what is the likelihood that you accidentally put the Earth too close to the Sun or misplace someone's intestines in their left leg or alter the chemical composition of Earth's atmosphere so it is no longer breathable? LOL. It seems you would need near omniscience to rearrange everything perfectly.

I don't think you have to. There is no reason physics need be universal. It wouldn't shock me in the least to find out that yes, a reality Warper might move the earth thousands of miles closer to the sun. The sun is also colder now. Because they know it's supposed to work.

But that's also why most of them seem to work on extremely low scales.

I have never had a cat that I would trust with a shoulder ride. A bit close to my throat.
 
Last edited:
Hmmm, just wondering how to introduce this at first :/.

Also can I ask a favour? That the first time M'gann uses telepathy to communicate with people, can they not act as if it's something they're used to? It happened in the last one I was in and I always loved it where M'gann unintentionally makes a slip up that pisses people off. Cause she means well :), she just doesn't understand all of Earth's customs :p
 
Back
Top